PDA

View Full Version : Countdown....

sdzag
02-12-2009, 01:04 PM
4 more wins till we get our next piece of a WCC league championship.

The only thing that stinks is when you buy a WCC tourny ticket you only get 2 Gonzaga games each year. With the ticket prices so high I almost wish we didn't get the buys. But I'll take the reg. season championships instead.

With a sweep this week at Saint Mary's College and the University of San Francisco, Gonzaga University is all but assured no worse than second place and a spot in the West Coast Conference Tournament semifinals. The top two finishers in the WCC are seeded into the semifinals, meaning the top two teams need just two wins to claim the tourney title and automatic NCAA Tournament berth. A sweep would give Gonzaga no worse than a 4-game lead over SMC, the University of San Diego and Santa Clara University, the latter two teams each 5-4 heading into this week's play. The Bulldogs still have games at SCU and USD awaiting the final weekend of WCC play. Gonzaga holds a two-game lead over the University of Portland, but the Bulldogs have already swept the Pilots this season and a win Thursday would give Gonzaga a sweep of the Gaels, thus earning Gonzaga the tiebreaker over both schools.

http://gozags.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/021109aaa.html

DoggieDogpound
02-12-2009, 01:09 PM
Hate to say it, but there is a chance of only seeing 1 GU game in Vegas.
It is highly unlikely, but they could lose the Sunday game.

Baldwinzag
02-12-2009, 01:42 PM
Hate to say it, but there is a chance of only seeing 1 GU game in Vegas.
It is highly unlikely, but they could lose the Sunday game.

There is definitely a chance they could lose the first game b/c there is a chance they could lose any game. If we're riding the "chance train", there is a chance Gonzaga could win out and I'm not just talking about the WCC...we could win it all! There's always a chance.;)

I'm with Sdzag. I miss the three guaranteed games we used to play in the WCC Tourney. I know Coach Few and the majority of Zag fans were in support of a "buy system" for the top seeds, I was never excited about it. I understand automatic semifinal game only benefits us, I still preferred the three game marathon. 3 games, 3 days, do or die. Love it.

Angelo Roncalli
02-12-2009, 01:43 PM
3 games, 3 days, do or die. Love it.

Played on someone else's home court (Santa Clara or San Diego): BS.

Baldwinzag
02-12-2009, 01:55 PM
Played on someone else's home court (Santa Clara or San Diego): BS.

I agree Angelo. It was BS the WCC didn't move the Tournament to a neutral court awhile ago. The WCC Tournament being featured in a central location such as Las Vegas on a non-partisan court was long overdue.