PDA

View Full Version : Short ditty on Ammo's opportunity

FuManShoes
02-12-2009, 06:02 AM
Writer says Ammo is in a great spot to get a career reboot, but it will take time. I wonder a bit how a guy who scored from all over the court in college is supposed to fit into a "tightly defined role" on a team featuring a guy who is one of the best-ever scorers and who will always be the focus of the offense and have the green light -- yes, Luke Walton is that good :) But whatever ...

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/sports/basketball/Resurrecting-Adam-Morrisons-Career.html

gamagin
02-12-2009, 08:47 AM
he is unteachable.

Top team, top coach & top players. He's returning to school under the Zen basketball master, a kindred spirit, I believe, as well.

I couldn't be happier for him. Because if he is NBA career material, he and the Lakers will find it and encourage it and develop it.

If not, well, he could be banging around for quite awhile and never know what is or is not really required to play among the best, and perhaps even to shine, in that rarified atmosphere.

Talk about job opportunity. Wow !

I look forward to the progress reports, like Adam high fiving and smiling and shooting and shining & enjoying life and basketball, just like we used to watch him doing on a regular basis in the gold old days.

VinnyZag
02-12-2009, 08:54 AM
Phil Jackson has shown an ability to get the most out of players who didn't do much elsewhere. Jed Beuchler, Bill Wennington, Cliff Levingston, B.J. Armstrong. Bigger NBA fans could probably expand this list considerably.

Hopefully Morrison can be one of those guys.

former1dog
02-12-2009, 10:31 AM
Its my impression that the Lakers do move a bit on the offense, as in motion and Adam's new teammates will pass him the ball if he is open. I'm encouraged by that. That said, Adam has a lot of great competition for minutes, like Walton, who I think is a better all around player than Adam is, although I think Adam has the potential to be better offensively than Walton.

I don't think Adam will ever be as good in terms of the other things Walton can do like rebounding, passing and defense, though.