PDA

View Full Version : Made it to the tourney against all odds

Bulldog
03-19-2007, 12:40 PM
We weren't even supposed to be at the big dance, so with the worst game that I have ever watched Gonzaga play now history, I was able to reward myself by going to Disneyland, San Diego, Arizona, and Mexico. Had a great time, ton's of fun, and the misery of the worst game in history is a distant awful memory. I have put it behind me and will look forward to next year. We should all take in a couple of Baseball games at the new field, we have a good team, they won the banana belt tourney in Lewiston just recently. Then we can enjoy our summer and look forward to a great season next fall. I can hardly wait. See you at the baseball field or next year at K2, everyone have a great summer. Go Zag's!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone cheer up, the best is yet to come.

Baldwinzag
03-19-2007, 01:17 PM
Agreed. Speaking of GU's new baseball complex, has anyone had a chance to see the photos of our new field? If not, click on the link to enjoy a slideshow capturing each phase of construction. Looks great!

http://gozags.cstv.com/view.gal?id=2452&template=player_gallery

DenDiegoZag
03-19-2007, 01:34 PM
After my most recent trip to Spokane, I would have to say that the Baseball complex is a reall great capstone to all of construction that we have completed on the South Side of Campus. The view from Trent is just great.

alert2
03-19-2007, 02:33 PM
Is getting picked as a pre-season favorite constitute as "against all odds"? :confused:

The baseball complex looks very nice.

RebornZag
03-19-2007, 03:15 PM
I'd say against all odds is losing: LG, Davis, Burgess & Downs to early injuries (Burgess and Downs began to play in February I think), Losing Josh Heytvelt for the later part of the year, ball team trying to survive HUGE drug scandal/bust of one of the most popular players and scorers, Santa Clara having to lose both of their last two games in order for GU to win the conference and get the top seed in the Conference Tournament, and Santa Clara doing just that (what were the odds that SCU would lose both those games), Pargo, Drav and Bouldin getting the flu the last two games in conference play and we still win, Pargo bruising his thigh in the first Conference Tournament game and still playing in the final, Mallon spraining his ankle against Memphis and playing the last 5 games on a severely sprained ankle......

lothar98zag
03-19-2007, 03:47 PM
Anyone actually seen a baseball game at the new stadium yet? The team played the first games there - ever - over the weekend.

billyberu
03-19-2007, 04:49 PM
Not to split hairs over what is essentially an opinion, but I think the last game was far from the worst tournament showing by the Zags. It seems the worst game is the most recent loss, but I can't even fathom how this was worse than last year's loss to the team that shall remain unnamed or Neveda or Wyoming. This loss to Indiana reminded me of the loss to Purdue in the Sweet 16 back in 2000. The team that showed up that night was lackluster too and were overpowered by a Big 10 team that just outworked us in almost every catagory.