PDA

View Full Version : Another thought

HillBillyZag
02-11-2009, 09:26 AM
Is it my imagination or is our passing not nearly as good in the last couple of seasons. The cutters have been getting the ball either too high or at their knees and the post feeds have been terrible. This from a team who took great pride in moving the ball. Our guards seem to want to spend more time dribbling in place rather than finding the open man. I know this sounds like piling on but I can remember when I got a stiff neck watching tshe Zags ball movement?

gamagin
02-11-2009, 10:00 AM
reading your post made me think this is at least part of it. Our opponents really, REALLY prep for us. We've been around, our strengths and our weaknesses, like warts on the face, are right there for anyone to see.

to the extent we don't fix them, counter them, get rid of them, the opps look like geniuses. to the extent that we do, we beat em again.

AD is going to be "picked on" until he ignores it and makes it irrelevant to try. You, or I, or anyone, could go through the entire list. But my answer is when we don;t look so good on this or that, it's because the opponents have worked against that perceived strength and we need to mix it up or fix it up.

Vanzagger
02-11-2009, 11:04 AM
HillBillyZag, Pendo is not coming back. We all love him, but he had his four chances.

This team today gives us the best chance ever for a Final Four or to win our last game. Thanks to a great coaching staff, a great city, and a bunch of Zags you might be kissing this teams you know what come March.

Let me repeat. This team is the best. You want to debate that, start hitting some keys.

Gamagin, I liked your message. Players make plays. Look how we played early in the season. We played some good ball coming off six months of open gym.

Few and Co. are supreme at designing a play for a bucket. Our core offense is great. In the mean time, let the players play and keep the substitutions coming. If we lose one who cares. At least things are not getting stale.

Hands up on D. Keep the OOPs coming.

Be proactive.

We are Zags!

HillBillyZag
02-11-2009, 12:41 PM
I love my Catholic Church also, but that does not mean I will keep quiet when I see her doing something wrong. No fan on this board luvs the Zags more than myself, but frankly, we just do not know what Zag team will show up from game to game this season. I agree we could conceiveably make the final four, we may also get blown out in the opening round?

Ezag
02-11-2009, 12:45 PM
Damn Not More Final Four Talk!:mad:

I can't predict how we'll do, we can score, we can defend but cannot rebound. I think that may be too big an obstacle to overcome against good rebounding teams.

Vanzagger
02-11-2009, 01:05 PM
and others. Hopefully we can win remaining scheduled games and then keep getting to enjoy these young atheletes and their love of the game well into March/April.