PDA

View Full Version : Wild Theories about no-name uniforms

Zag 77
02-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Last night on Dennis Patchin's radio show in Spokane they were theorizing as to why GU was wearing uniforms that were minus the player names on their backs for the Memphis game. One was that Few was sending some sort of "team" message or some metaphysical thing. Patchin figured they were just new uniforms and maybe the names had not been put on yet.

I think the latter. Few is not the kind of guy to do a Notre Dame thing where they wear green football uniforms for special games. I think he would just tell them they were playing like crap to their faces instead of doing some symbolic thing.

Das Zagger
02-10-2009, 04:07 PM
Thought I was crazy and I brought this up to the people I was watching the game with, this was the first time sans-names this season right?

Ty Willingham tried this at UW, didn't work out so well.

schwagzag
02-10-2009, 04:40 PM
Since we're posting wild theories, I tended to think that they originally intended to wear the black jerseys, but they were a late scratch because perhaps the color was too close to the Memphis blues (Memphis more than likely didn't bring their white jerseys). Maybe they had to scramble to find some home whites at the last minute.... :confused:

BobZag
02-10-2009, 05:06 PM
Clearly those kids were not the Zags! They were imposters! Invasion of the Body Snatchers!

That explains everything.

gobroncsgozags
02-10-2009, 05:18 PM
They actually started out the game with names. By the end of the game, the team had all torn them off. Who would want to be recognized when playing like that? ;)

RenoZag
02-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Times are tough. . .they couldn't afford to buy a vowel.

IrishZagFan
02-10-2009, 05:42 PM
Uniforms? What uniforms...? ;)

Final4Zag
02-10-2009, 05:58 PM
The black uniforms ?

Zag 77
02-10-2009, 09:21 PM
OK. Uniforms have to have player names on them.

No Red uniforms either.

What else?

MedZag
02-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Since we're posting wild theories, I tended to think that they originally intended to wear the black jerseys, but they were a late scratch because perhaps the color was too close to the Memphis blues (Memphis more than likely didn't bring their white jerseys). Maybe they had to scramble to find some home whites at the last minute.... :confused:

Thats my suspicion.

The athletic department issuing an official "blackout the Spokane Arena" press release, then handing out plain white towels right before the game and us coming out in home whites? It just doesn't add up to me.

It'd be one thing if the Ronald McDonald charity had "official colors" but it doesn't, and the black and white and red and blue was just plain weird.

Zag 77
02-11-2009, 10:48 AM
and he isn't talking. Seriously, you would think somebody knows the kid who washes the uniforms and puts them out.

tobizag
02-11-2009, 11:18 AM
plus, they were the system of dress style, with the tight tops. i was not a fan. hope we don't keep these unis.

J-Lo
02-11-2009, 12:02 PM
Does anyone know our record when we play in our non-standard uniforms? It could just be that only the bad impressions stick out in my mind, but it really seems like we play VERY poorly when we throw on our "special" uniforms.

77Zag
02-11-2009, 12:06 PM
When we beat SMC tomorrow night we can clear all the voodoo -- perhaps we will wear the same jerseys for the rest of the year. And, of course, never wash them.