PDA

View Full Version : Quick recap on Recruits

Baldwinzag
03-19-2007, 09:51 AM
We all know the recruiting hype speaks for itself, yet to further illuminate the fantastic job Gonzaga has done with obtaining high-level recruits, look at the schools GU has beaten out:

Austin Daye(25th in Rivals top150), Offers:
- Arizona State
- Washington :D

Robert Sacre(94th in Rivals top150), Offers:
- UCLA
- Michigan
- Notre Dame
- Oregan State
- LSU
- Washington :D

Matt Bouldin(45th in Rivals top150), Offers:
- Boston College
- Notre Dame
- NC State
- California

Ira Brown, Offers:
- Texas A&M
- Cinncinati
- Loyola Chicago

Steven Gray(56th in Rivals top150), Offers:
- Committed early.
- Received tons of National BCS recruiting interest, too little too late. ;)

Bottom line, continue the superb recruiting efforts Coach Few and Co.! With your ability to develop/coach players and this type of talent to work with, its easy to see The future looks bright....:cool:

CDC84
03-19-2007, 10:02 AM
The other thing Baldwin is that if a number of these guys had waited to decide, they would have received many more offers than they did. For example, it is well known that UConn was about to extend an offer to Bouldin in the wake of the Laptopgate mess. He may have been offered for all I know. Ira Brown was beginning to get high major interest from all over the place at the time he signed. And Gonzaga got a verbal from Daye right before he blew up into a McDonald's AA level recruit.

The reason why our coaching staff did such a great job is that they got on these kids early and got verbals from them early. If they had waited, the recruiting competition would've been really fierce.

sdzag
03-19-2007, 10:34 AM
Any new information on 08 kids? Just wondering if anyone else has come to light as a serious recruit besides Jordan?

DenDiegoZag
03-19-2007, 11:48 AM
Bottom line, continue the superb recruiting efforts Coach Few and Co.! With your ability to develop/coach players and this type of talent to work with, its easy to see The future looks bright....:cool:

Thanks Baldwinzag for attempting to move our thoughts forward...Here is to an injury free offseason...GO ZAGS!!!

BoltZag
03-19-2007, 12:43 PM
Is this is a reunion post or what?

Madcowz
03-19-2007, 12:57 PM
gonzaga shouldn't look to far for the 08 class.. just look down the road to state champs ferris high school and get Deangelo casto and shawn stockton (yes, his nephew)

sonuvazag
03-19-2007, 01:01 PM
gonzaga shouldn't look to far for the 08 class.. just look down the road to state champs ferris high school and get Deangelo casto and shawn stockton (yes, his nephew)

Agreed. Saw the televised state final. Always for the local talent first.

Ghost
03-19-2007, 04:28 PM
If they can't find better then those two, then sure go after them, but There are a lot better recruits I think they should go after first.

Madcowz
03-19-2007, 05:57 PM
If they can't find better then those two, then sure go after them, but There are a lot better recruits I think they should go after first.

they've already offered Casto.. stockton has other wcc and big sky schools recruiting him, i think the zags would regret letting him slip away

lothar98zag
03-20-2007, 04:33 PM
they've already offered Casto.. stockton has other wcc and big sky schools recruiting him, i think the zags would regret letting him slip away
Are you saying GU's offered Casto?

:link:

BobZag
03-20-2007, 04:42 PM
We'll see soon what his head coach says about that.

Madcowz
03-20-2007, 04:57 PM
Are you saying GU's offered Casto?

:link:

sorry no link to that, inside sources.. but i can say that gonzaga isn't his top school at the moment

BobZag
03-20-2007, 05:42 PM
GU wants to talk to Casto. The coach (DVL) thinks GU is close to offering, but hasn't yet. Several Pac-10 schools have. Casto is going to wait until summer or fall.

spudzag
03-20-2007, 06:28 PM
Would love to see some progress with the ever important point guard. JT is head and shoulders above the others being pursued. Rivals has us solidly in his top three. Marquette didn't do any better than we did in the tournament and Memphis may not offer since Derrick Rose is headed there in the fall. For me, this is where we need to be with recruits.