PDA

View Full Version : Did anybody else see...

freezer12
03-19-2007, 09:38 AM
Spencer Hawes sitting next to Durant's father yesterday during the game? Kind of interesting and it doesn't look good for UW. Maybe a *cough* agent got them those tickets? Who knows. I just thought it was an interesting situation. Kind of like how Ainge was sitting next to Durant's mother during the Big XII Tourney.

thickman1
03-19-2007, 10:26 AM
I'd love to see Hawes cut and run to the NBA. Just seems fitting.

sullyzag66
03-19-2007, 10:41 AM
Spencer Hawes sitting next to Durant's father yesterday during the game? Kind of interesting and it doesn't look good for UW. Maybe a *cough* agent got them those tickets? Who knows. I just thought it was an interesting situation. Kind of like how Ainge was sitting next to Durant's mother during the Big XII Tourney.

I did see that and I was surprised that the commentators made no mention of it. At least, I don't recall hearing anything. I remember doing a double-take and waiting for a comment or a flash on the screen to identify him.

BobZag
03-19-2007, 10:58 AM
Two sections to my left. I spotted him walking down the aisle with a drink. I'll be sad to see him go. *ahem*

GoZags
03-19-2007, 11:30 AM
Spencer Hawes has known Durant for three or four years (through the camps they started to attend as high school sophs). Their families are also friends (their moms stay in touch).

When UDub was left home from the NIT, that allowed Hawes the opportunity to go see his friend play in Spokane.

freezer12
03-19-2007, 12:21 PM
Spencer Hawes has known Durant for three or four years (through the camps they started to attend as high school sophs). Their families are also friends (their moms stay in touch).

When UDub was left home from the NIT, that allowed Hawes the opportunity to go see his friend play in Spokane.

Makes sense.

tobizag
03-19-2007, 02:31 PM
I thought that's who that was...I was curious as well as to how the commentators missed that one...oh yeah, they work for CBS, that's how. ;)

TR11Zag
03-19-2007, 03:47 PM
According to Mitch Leavy (morning show here in Seattle)...

Everyone in the Hawes family was covered in orange and routeing for Texas except Spencer. They had no idea what the connection was...