PDA

View Full Version : Mea culpa

jazzdelmar
02-08-2009, 12:04 PM
I wish to apologize to BZ, Doc and all the other great folks on this board for starting a brouhaha with my comment abt a player.

Gamagin suggested I reconsider the real target of my ire. He was right, it wasnt the player at all, but the several other posters who fill my PM box and neg rep me with vile and filthy comments that are as much personal as based on my views of the team. The bone of contention w these other posters is invariably one of the players and our differing views on his play.

Still, that is no excuse for me to unilaterally foment such an uproar; that certainly wasnt my intention and again I apologize. Rather, I will take my anger directly to those posters -- fwiw, most dont reply to my civil PMs and suggestions to engage in private chat -- and defer from bringing that stuff to the general board.

mendiant
02-08-2009, 01:02 PM
positive rep for you Jazz...

I may not always agree with what you say, but your input adds balance to the board and is appreicated by me (FWIW).

mendiant

MedZag
02-08-2009, 02:55 PM
Appreciated, jazz.

former1dog
02-08-2009, 03:12 PM
I'm your biggest fan Jazz, keep on being yourself.

77Zag
02-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Jazz - i think we all know you'd prefer to see Pargo as a lottery pick and Zags undefeated --
maybe i'm wrong, but i think you just want more from the Zags

We all do

Keep the faith

MDABE80
02-08-2009, 04:06 PM
Oh.it wasn't THAT bad. We loves ya still;)

sittingon50
02-08-2009, 08:45 PM
I'm a Jazz fan.

229SintoZag
02-08-2009, 08:59 PM
BUT

I did honestly say to myself "maybe Jazz has a point" as Pargo dribbled into traffic for like the third time and turned it over during our epic series of 9 of 10 possessions with turnovers.

That said, I still think you are too tough on Pargo jazz and you disregard what he does bring, when he does bring it.

Interesting that you did not appear to rip your boy Matt Bouldin for his less-than-stellar performance.

SoCalZag
02-08-2009, 09:15 PM
Big Jazz fan. And a big Pargo fan.

Think that it was said that Matty wasn't getting taken to task for a less-than-stellar outing vs. Memphis. It wasn't Bouldin penetrating and then dribbling off his foot. Matt was heavily guarded most of the night, but his positioning and activity were right on. The guys are allowed off nights every now and then - most of us couldn't do it one game, let alone every game. A majority of our key wins has been with Bouldin leading the way. Point being that Bouldin wasn't directly responsible for a stretch of key turnovers - and that a pattern is emerging with Pargo in that respect. He'll get it back - but for now, every attempt by him to penetrate is met with cringes and thrown-up hands by a (select) few of us.

Appreciate your input, Jazz - and agree with slightly more than half of it. :D

katman50
02-08-2009, 09:47 PM
Jazz, as far as I'm concerned, you owe no apologies. But since you did, good on you. Why can't people express what they want on this board? As far as I am concerned, you echo the frustrations of many who are disappointed in a loss, which shouldn't have been. You are just getting your two bits in. Too many people take it too seriously and come out in attack mode.

I read posts which are totally at odds which I believe, but I disregard them: i.e. we are a Final Four team, Josh is better than Tyler, Bouldin is a first round draft pick, the Zags have more talent than Duke. It goes on and on. I don't get offended by any of the comments of the posters. I laugh and disregard them.

By most standards, the Zags board is quite PC and family friendly. Who cares if a poster rips on Pargo, Austin or whomever? It doesn't bother me. More often than not it is the result of dealing with a tough and frustrating loss; a loss that we feel shouldn't have happened. That's the fun of discussion boards. One week a player may be the hero, the next week, the goat. Posters may have an about face regarding certain players. The following week they recant and all is well.

I love this board. Nevertheless, there are a lot of Pollyanish folks here. Again, I don't care. I disregard what I don't agree with. I don't make personal attacks on posters. We all have our own opinions.

The bottom line, we all love the Zags. We celebrate their victories and are bummed out with their inconceivable losses. We probably set lofty standards, but who cares? I disagree with the assessments with most of the folks on this board, but I don't get bent out of shape. I love the divergence of opinion. I might add that I don't post that much anymore, fearing that I may offend someone. Still, I enjoy all the input, whether I agree or disagree.

Go Zags!

deathchina
02-09-2009, 06:10 AM
Love ya Jazz.

vandalzag
02-09-2009, 07:22 AM
So Jazz what was your reason for all of the other posts ripping players like Gourde,Raivio,Turiaf,Pargo... Were all the other posts your way of dealing with board members?

former1dog
02-09-2009, 07:29 AM
So Jazz what was your reason for all of the other posts ripping players like Gourde,Raivio,Turiaf,Pargo... Were all the other posts your way of dealing with board members?

Let it go man. You don't like Jazz, which I'm sure is quite justified in your opinion. There is an ignore feature on this message board that you can use to filter out the posts of those who offend you. I recommend that in the case of Jazz, you use it.

vandalzag
02-09-2009, 07:47 AM
Let it go man. You don't like Jazz, which I'm sure is quite justified in your opinion. There is an ignore feature on this message board that you can use to filter out the posts of those who offend you. I recommend that in the case of Jazz, you use it.

Nope. But thanks for chirping in. Jazz is a joke. He is on the same level as any other troll that happens to wander by this site. The funniest thing about all of this is that he is not a fan. Just read his posts and try and find something positive, you would have to go back pages and pages to compile more than 5 posts. And when he gets called on it, he tries to hide behind "I was just responding to mean posters" or some other line of nonsense.

LongIslandZagFan
02-09-2009, 07:49 AM
I will say that, I perhaps was a bit harsh with Jazz the other day. Jazz and I normally get along and have exchanged nice civil pleasantries off board. For that I apologize Jazz.

former1dog
02-09-2009, 08:03 AM
Nope. But thanks for chirping in. Jazz is a joke. He is on the same level as any other troll that happens to wander by this site. The funniest thing about all of this is that he is not a fan. Just read his posts and try and find something positive, you would have to go back pages and pages to compile more than 5 posts. And when he gets called on it, he tries to hide behind "I was just responding to mean posters" or some other line of nonsense.

You're entitled to your opinion as is Jazz. And while Jazz oftens states unpopular opinions, they are his opinions and are based on his viewing of the play on the court. I have yet to see Jazz make a personal attack on another poster as he is so often subject to (take your post for example) and given his penchant for the unpopular opinion and the abuse he is subject to for it, I admire his restraint. It is unfortunate that some lose the perspective that we're talking about a game here and not much more.

ZagManFan
02-09-2009, 08:21 AM
The way I see it Jazz, is that you made comments that offended several people on this board including myself. Then and only then did you create this post trying to make amends after someone pointed out your distasteful posts. For me, trying to backpedal out of it is too late.

This board is compiled up of 99% pure fans only. We are not coaches, we are not sportswriters and we are not scouts. Just fans that want our team to play their best and win every game. It's unfortunate that we don't always play to our abilities and we do not always win, but that is the life of the sport. #### happens and regardless of how you feel about the way people play or coaches coach at least have the decency to respect them and your fellow fans. Because in the end that's what we all are.

And trust when I say this Jazz, I may have felt very much like you after the game as well. That is why I do not post or make any comments until days later when I have time to reflect what happened. We are all upset after a bad loss like that, but this board is like a 2nd family and to trash them in public like that was not cool. I respect several people on this board and have made several friends from here as well. I may not be so well known on here, but the last thing I would want to do is rub anyone's face in anything.

Just next time take some time and think before you post because once you click "submit" it will not come back and will have to deal with those consequences.

To earn respect, you must first give it.

gamagin
02-09-2009, 08:31 AM
The way I see it Jazz, is that you made comments that offended several people on this board including myself. Then and only then did you create this post trying to make amends after someone pointed out your distasteful posts. For me, trying to backpedal out of it is too late.

This board is compiled up of 99% pure fans only. We are not coaches, we are not sportswriters and we are not scouts. Just fans that want our team to play their best and win every game. It's unfortunate that we don't always play to our abilities and we do not always win, but that is the life of the sport. #### happens and regardless of how you feel about the way people play or coaches coach at least have the decency to respect them and your fellow fans. Because in the end that's what we all are.

And trust when I say this Jazz, I may have felt very much like you after the game as well. That is why I do not post or make any comments until days later when I have time to reflect what happened. We are all upset after a bad loss like that, but this board is like a 2nd family and to trash them in public like that was not cool. I respect several people on this board and have made several friends from here as well. I may not be so well known on here, but the last thing I would want to do is rub anyone's face in anything.

Just next time take some time and think before you post because once you click "submit" it will not come back and will have to deal with those consequences.

To earn respect, you must first give it.

imo, you just committed all the sins you accuse Jazz of committing AFTER he apologized for his. what's with that ?

regards,

former1dog
02-09-2009, 08:33 AM

Yeah, that was kind of the point. Jazz saw that he had made a mistake only after he made the mistake and then apologized for it. :confused:

I'm guessing you never make mistakes and so never have to make apologies. Is that it?

gamagin
02-09-2009, 08:34 AM
Were all the other posts your way of dealing with board members?

yes.

bigblahla
02-09-2009, 08:41 AM
I'm a Jazz fan.

Me too, don't always agree but definitely appreciate your opinion.

Go!! Zags!!!

CDC84
02-09-2009, 08:56 AM
The only recommendation that I have Jazz about your posting habits is that you should post about other things besides Jeremy Pargo. I don't think people get frustrated by your opinions about Pargo - there are many people on this board who share your feelings (but who might express them in a different manner), or who may agree with part of what you say. It's just that you do it all the time. This makes certain people feel that you have a personal vendetta against the guy, and other people just get tired reading about. You obviously know your basketball, and you do post on other topics, but the ratio of anti-Pargo to no-Pargo posts is extremely tilted toward the former.

It's just something to think about.

Look at this way - Pargo is going to graduate this year....so there are only a couple more months of his eligibility left to go. You can then rest in peace.