PDA

View Full Version : Coaches?

zag buddy
02-08-2009, 09:53 AM
Coach Few stated while being interviewed "I just want our guys to be competetive". I think coach Cal would have told his team "I just want to destroy them". Are our coaches to "nice'.
The coaches of teams that go deep seem to have the attitude that "I'm going to kick their azz or die trying. To play such a phsical team you have to "do or die" We had approx. 55 foulls to give and still have 5 men standing. How many fouls did we commit? Personally I would rather be known as a team that tries hard and plays hard every game than a team that has "potential".

roxdoc
02-08-2009, 12:34 PM
IMHO Nice coaches = players with no killer instinct (no toughness). That said, don't want our guys to wear red sweaters!

hooter73
02-09-2009, 09:56 AM
Gonzaga is a classy team usually known for finesse and blue collar hard work. History shows that you dont get far against the rest of the nation with this concept. I am actually ok with that. I perfer to watch a decent game then know in the last 5 minutes its going to be a foul and free throw fest every game and see coaches livid and screaming on every posession. That said I am a HUGE proponent of the bigs underneath having a case of the ass and dominating, letting everyone know that this is their spot and you are not welcome under here. I also like to see a coach get a technical once or twice. It lets his team know that he IS goign to fight for them. An attitude is needed but it has to be in cunjunction with respect.