PDA

View Full Version : Color analysts

crazycanadian04
02-08-2009, 09:14 AM
I enjoyed Coach Knight: he is very insightful and is able to communicate ideas clearly and concisely.

On the other hand, listening to Jay Bilas is like listening to someone scratch their fingers on a chalkboard. He is such an obnoxious know-it-all; he really gets on my nerves. Somebody needs to remind him of what his resume consists of: role player on very good Duke teams, grad asst. coach for 1 or 2years at Duke, and ZERO head coaching experience. There were times Coach Knight said things, and then Bilas started talking about the same subject with an arrogant, know-it-all tone.

Just my thoughts - would like to hear the opinions of others. At least it is a different topic than the Zags' performance, which I can't figure out.

Thomas_Sutpen
02-08-2009, 09:57 AM
I enjoyed Coach Knight: he is very insightful and is able to communicate ideas clearly and concisely.

On the other hand, listening to Jay Bilas is like listening to someone scratch their fingers on a chalkboard. He is such an obnoxious know-it-all; he really gets on my nerves. Somebody needs to remind him of what his resume consists of: role player on very good Duke teams, grad asst. coach for 1 or 2years at Duke, and ZERO head coaching experience. There were times Coach Knight said things, and then Bilas started talking about the same subject with an arrogant, know-it-all tone.

Just my thoughts - would like to hear the opinions of others. At least it is a different topic than the Zags' performance, which I can't figure out.

I respectfully disagree. I like Knight--he is a HOF coach and does well in the studio, but as a color guy last night he was a disaster. I was ready to slit my wrists if he said "shot fake" one more time. He called Goodson "Woodson" when he came in and gave us some energy. I agree that Knight knows more about basketball than Bilas, but he's still a broadcasting rookie.

But not everyone can be Bill Rafferty.

Birddog
02-08-2009, 10:06 AM
I don't like the setup of 3 to do the game. There is too much babbling going on. Shulman and Knight or Shulman and Bilas would have been enough. Thank God Dickie V wasn't there. Erin Andrews needs and deserves more air time.

adallastiger
02-08-2009, 10:59 AM
Memphis State at least three times. It's University of Memphis.

MDABE80
02-08-2009, 11:24 AM
I love Knight's insights. Him and Bilas have different jobs so they do different things. SOmetimes the lines get blurred..especially with Knight who really has put in nearly 50 years of college BBall. I think he babbles a bit because he knows SO much. Coaches, teams, how to get things done..it's just spectacular how much of each facet of the college game that he knows.

Shulman and Bilas are add ons... but the modern ones that make lots of people tune in. As an expert though, count me in as a Knight fan. He's just too "tall" to ignore. Huge presence..........one for the ages.

Birddog
02-08-2009, 11:49 AM
Abe, what's your position on Erin Andrews?