PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Pgo lovers?

jazzdelmar
02-08-2009, 07:44 AM
Calling all Pgo lovers....you know who u are....Where are you this morning? Your guy is now undraftable....

JosephZags
02-08-2009, 07:53 AM
Calling all Pgo lovers....you know who u are....Where are you this morning? Your guy is now undraftable....

I've washed my hands of Jeremy Pargo. Time to move on.

Scottie
02-08-2009, 08:08 AM
Jazz, why do you even follow the Zags? It's pretty clear you prefer them to lose than to win? Oh that's right, you base your entire fandom off which team gets a "One Shining Moment" each March.

Newsflash: 1999 is over.

zagfan24
02-08-2009, 08:09 AM

It must be a sad life when you spend your Sunday gloating about the basketball struggles of a 22-year-old.

I don't think Pargo, or any GU player is perfect. Our team is flawed. I get that. I am pretty sure everyone gets that. The utter delight you seem to get out of Gonzaga losing and Pargo struggling is bewildering to me.

I don't know if it's the name on the front of the jersey or the name on the back, or both...but seriously...get a life.

GoZags
02-08-2009, 08:16 AM

I am so glad you enjoyed watching last night's game.

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/the-sims-2-grim-reaper-watching-tv/3597716114

RenoZag
02-08-2009, 08:22 AM
Jazz is just another voice in Zag Nation folks. . .if he bothers you that much use the "Ignore" feature. . .

GoZags
02-08-2009, 08:29 AM
Jazz is just another voice in Zag Nation folks. . .if he bothers you that much use the "Ignore" feature. . .

http://www.guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?t=17050

The basics

No hate speech or hate symbols, which includes but is not limited to content that is degrading to someone's race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and sexual orientation. Please avoid using obscene, profane or vulgar language. No sharing or uploading content of like nature. Please contact a moderator to report offensive content for consideration and possible removal. Outside of those guidelines, the best solution to "unwanted" speech is counterspeech. If you don't agree with somebody's opinion, consider adding your voice.

Or in other words, no harm, no foul (my opinion).

theirishzag03
02-08-2009, 08:31 AM
Why don't you start a new "Run MB out of town" campaign? Jeeesh 2 games in a row w/o an assist???

If you were at the game??? The officiating was awful. The 1st half was called totally different at each end of the floor. Pargo got 2 quick fouls, which led to him not being aggressive.

I was way more concerned as I watched a 7-8 minute stretch where in 8 possessions we had 7 TO's. I watched in disbelief as I tried to figure out when coach Few put in this new offensive set??? OK guys lets dribble as much as possible, set weak screens, and try to have each of you beat your man one on one. If that fails, jump up in the air and make a forced pass or throw it at someones feet???

edcasey
02-08-2009, 08:41 AM
I am right here, havent gone far and still support Pargo and his basketball talents. I am also willing to make friendly wager that he gets drafted.

Last night we lacked ENERGY all 5 starters lacked it and wasnt one persons fault.

Pargo has the skills and abilities to move to the next level. Take a look around college basketball this year......EVERY team has had odd days with star studs not showing up or having an off night.....are you going to start saying those players arent any good?

jazzdelmar
02-08-2009, 08:48 AM
keep it up, pollys...u can do better than this....some of the old favorites are still AWOL....

JosephZags
02-08-2009, 08:49 AM
I am right here, havent gone far and still support Pargo and his basketball talents. I am also willing to make friendly wager that he gets drafted.

Last night we lacked ENERGY all 5 starters lacked it and wasnt one persons fault.

Pargo has the skills and abilities to move to the next level. Take a look around college basketball this year......EVERY team has had odd days with star studs not showing up or having an off night.....are you going to start saying those players arent any good?

Pargo didn't have an off night. He has had more bad games than good ones this season. This has become a pattern with him.

jazzdelmar
02-08-2009, 08:51 AM
Pargo didn't have an off night. He has had more bad games than good ones this season. This has become a pattern with him.

JoeZ, baby, this is for Pgo Pollys only....Reasonable, objective analysis, such as yours, has no place on this thread....:D

JosephZags
02-08-2009, 08:53 AM
JoeZ, baby, this is for Pgo Pollys only....Reasonable, objective analysis, such as yours, has no place on this thread....:D

The voice of reason is no longer welcome. :-)

BobZag
02-08-2009, 08:53 AM
keep it up, pollys...u can do better than this....some of the old favorites are still AWOL....

You're piling on, jazz. Not cool. And you know it. Pargo said he's embarrassed. What more do you want?

jim77
02-08-2009, 08:54 AM
I'm still here....and the season ain't over. Go Pargo! Go Zags!

jazzdelmar
02-08-2009, 08:56 AM
You're piling on, jazz. Not cool. And you know it. Pargo said he's embarrassed. What more do you want?

OK, BZ....wasn't aware of that......but you also know this isn't about the player, it's about myopic fans....still, feel free to kill the thread (as if u need my approval:( )

edcasey
02-08-2009, 09:04 AM
I am not a pollyanna far from it. I have coached for over 20 years and been on the staff of 3 state titles in basketball, coached kids that are playing at the pro level , coached summer select teams that have gone up agains tthe best in the country, so I think I can be objective and evaluate based upon FACTS not simple wish or opinions.

More bad than good? I guess you will need to define "bad" vs "good" for me as you see it from your couch... assist to turnover ratio? Points scored or points scored per opportunity, getting others involved at expense of your offense, adhering to coaches wishes on the court, please help me understand what YOU would expect from apoint guard playing on a team that can have any one of 6 players go for 20 points in a night.

Jeremy has many strengths that are ACTUALLY better suited for the pro's than the college level. He has some weakness but those can be worked thru, covered and improved on over time (John Stockton couldnt shoot worth a darn from long range coming out of college but worked hard on it as he continued to excel with his strengths).

I will say again, friendly wager I am willing to bet since you are so "certain" that JP will not be drafted for the next level.

jazzdelmar
02-08-2009, 09:08 AM
I am not a pollyanna far from it. I have coached for over 20 years and been on the staff of 3 state titles in basketball, coached kids that are playing at the pro level , coached summer select teams that have gone up agains tthe best in the country, so I think I can be objective and evaluate based upon FACTS not simple wish or opinions.

More bad than good? I guess you will need to define "bad" vs "good" for me as you see it from your couch... assist to turnover ratio? Points scored or points scored per opportunity, getting others involved at expense of your offense, adhering to coaches wishes on the court, please help me understand what YOU would expect from apoint guard playing on a team that can have any one of 6 players go for 20 points in a night.

Jeremy has many strengths that are ACTUALLY better suited for the pro's than the college level. He has some weakness but those can be worked thru, covered and improved on over time (John Stockton couldnt shoot worth a darn from long range coming out of college but worked hard on it as he continued to excel with his strengths).

I will say again, friendly wager I am willing to bet since you are so "certain" that JP will not be drafted for the next level.

OK Ed, can u be more specific about which of his skills are better suited for the pros?

billyberu
02-08-2009, 09:09 AM

Ed, I'm afraid Jazz has no desire to engage you in a logical conversation vis-avis the merits of Pargo's game. Rather, it's his desire to bait his rusty hook with a cigarette and a piece of previously chewed bubble gum and hope he catches some "pollyannas".

jazzdelmar
02-08-2009, 09:11 AM
Ed, I'm afraid Jazz has no desire to engage you in a logical conversation vis-avis the merits of Pargo's game. Rather, it's his desire to bait his rusty hook with a cigarette and a piece of previously chewed bubble gum and hope he catches some "pollyannas".

gotcha:D

LongIslandZagFan
02-08-2009, 09:12 AM

Give it a rest Jazz... you are growing more tiresome by the day. If you hate this team so much, move on.

jazzdelmar
02-08-2009, 09:15 AM
Give it a rest Jazz... you are growing more tiresome by the day. If you hate this team so much, move on.

Et tu, LIZF? How can u infer that I "hate" this team from some critical comments -- that are fairly widely held -- about how some fans here favor a particular player? Was the LIRR behind schedule this morning? If anything, I overpraise MB, Gray and Downs....

LongIslandZagFan
02-08-2009, 09:17 AM
Lately Jazz, hate is all you spew.

billyberu
02-08-2009, 09:21 AM
gotcha:D

Careful, Jazz. No need to waste all of that hot air...you'll need it for your date tonight.

jazzdelmar
02-08-2009, 09:26 AM
Lately Jazz, hate is all you spew.

LI--I dont agree....I have been quite complimentary of most of the players of late; again, esp Matt and Steven and Micah and even Daye....even Pgo at times. Maybe my frustration at last nt's abomination comes across a hate, and for that I apologize. None of this is personal; these are all great kids and men. And, again, my real target isnt the player but some fans here who are -- IMO only -- blind when it comes to players' plusses and minuses. Check out todays threads, there is more hatred being spewed elsewhere -- viz. at Daye and Few and Matt -- and probably out of frustration as well.

jim77
02-08-2009, 09:31 AM
I'll name one.....QUICKNESS. You see they play man to man in the NBA. Which means Pargo's teamates can draw the other 4 defenders away from Pargo and his man.....Pargo will have a pretty good chance of scoring on him I think.....Pargo is a tough guard 1 on 1.

jim77
02-08-2009, 09:34 AM
I'll name another...TOUGHNESS. You see in the NBA they play PHYSICAL ball. You not only have to be good...you have to be durable and can take a good shot. In fact with an 80something game schedule durability and being tough are gonna come into play......Pargo is both.

MDABE80
02-08-2009, 09:41 AM
None of these kids TRY to perform badly. Last Summer, I said Jeremy needed to do a Rotnei if he had a chance to move up. If you do the work, all your dreams come true. Jeremy is SO talented but he's also very inconsistent. I think we ALL want it (it =superior life in the college ranks and maybe the NBA) for him.

I don't think we have confidence now. Jeremy has done a superior job in some games in the past.like with Portland. It's in there but he needs to do some things he just hasn't done to improve his game.NO matter, he's a good kid. He'll try the next level and I hope he does well. After watch Jeremy flop because bad judgements, TO's, terrible FT shooting and 3 pt shooting, I have my doubts.

Jazz and I have exchanges messages about this. Jazz is harsh........more than I would be. Jeremy's just not getting it done. Few knows and he sat him......either to just change the luck or to minimize damage. Who knows!!!
No reason to assault the kid. He'll graduate and has put up 1000 pts in his career. Well done. If yo knew his background, this is a major accomplishment.

Few kids we recruit or so good, they canmove up. Jeremy has the skills but something else ails him. NO matter.......each kid went to sleep last night. Not the first time. The world moves on. Love em, support em, wish the best for em. Gonzaga has favored outcomes for the kids. Those outcomes rarely include the NBA.

jim77
02-08-2009, 09:41 AM
Pargo's teamates didn't exactly make themselves availiable for the pass yesterday...not enough movement in the offense...you gotta help the point out by getting open. If the other folks don't want to get open...then at least follow JP to the hoop so that you can be availiable for the rebound or pass. We need 3 guys (at least) collapsing to the hoop when JP make his move to the hoop. Last night there were far to many blue jerseys and very few white ones on the offensive end. Time to strt crashing the boards on offense.....if we foul...so what. We found out last night that the 2nd string guys are pretty darn good.

zaguarxj
02-08-2009, 09:57 AM
Never say anything on a message board that you wouldn't say to someone's face. Jazz, do your posts pass this test?

Once and Future Zag
02-08-2009, 10:03 AM
I'd call it having a "hate on" for him when you can't even bring yourself to type out his full last name even once... which has the same number of letters as Downs, which U did manage to type out completely.

FuManShoes
02-08-2009, 10:14 AM
OK, BZ....wasn't aware of that......but you also know this isn't about the player, it's about myopic fans....still, feel free to kill the thread (as if u need my approval:( )

"... this isn't about the player, it's about myopic fans..."

1. OK, then why did you specificaly use Pargo as the foil of your fan critique, and make the sole focus of your post said player's NBA prospects, or lack thereof? Whether we are "Pgo-lovers" or not, most of us here are realistic enough to know Jeremy did himself no favors last night. Unlike you and your ilk, we don't revel in the chance to bring it up. You live for it. And don't give us some BS about how unrealistic expectations of players may hurt the players and that you are providing some public service by holding fans to account. I doubt you give two ####s about the feelings of anyone associated with GU hoops - fans or players.

2. Why do you obssess over whether fans here are myopic pollys or not? It's a fan board, so one might assume most here share an unhealthy interest in Zags hoops, and likely hold positive views of the players and coaches, perhaps unrealistcaly so. You, however, seem to take zero pleasure in this team. You speak of the "positive" comments you've made of late but the fact that they stand out in your mind and others is an indication of how unusal they are for you.

3. Whereas many here can admit to pollyanish thoughts or at least concede the point from time to time, you appear completely blind to or unwilling to admit your mypic negativity. It's ####ing sick, man.

Seattle_Zag
02-08-2009, 10:30 AM

I'm a Pargo lover. You want to know why? Because he is a Zag and I am a Zag lover. I love everyone of those kids on our team.

What do you want us to say? Do you want us to hate him as much as you do and make him feel even worse about himself? He's a 23 year old kid who has had a rough year. We can all get behind him or trash him even more.

All that I know, and I am sure you will agree, is that we need him to play well to make a run in the tournament. Our season isn't over. You'll be eating your words come March. I guarantee it.

johnwzag
02-08-2009, 10:41 AM
I still love Jeremey Pargo. Pargo is a great point guard. He has shown this.

Where he is now, I have no idea. I have no idea what is wrong. I am pretty sure Mark Few has some insights that we do not have.

jiggatothezigga
02-08-2009, 10:54 AM

wow u are embarrasing to gonzaga basketball, the fact that you sit there the next morning and hate on a kid who has accomplished more athletically than you and probably everyone in your family has is disgraceful. Just sit back and think about how hard it is to come from Chicago and rise into NBA draft talks, All American discussions, WCC player of the year, etc... that is like one in a million. You sir are nothing but a useless fan who sits on your couch. Last time I checked he is not being paid, he is NOT playing for you, and you are NOT the coach as much as you would like to think you are. He is still a college kid and get off his N*ts.

zagfan1
02-08-2009, 11:00 AM
We are all passionate about our team and must be extremely frustrated at the moment. I cannot believe the original poster Jazz is gloating about the zags losing rather I believe he is probably like me extremely bummed. We all have huge expectations for all of the players including Jeremy Pargo. We have all seen what Jeremy is capable of and it is sad not to see that come to fruition. But not everyone is able to take their talent and get to the NBA that is why it still is a difficult achievement to accomplish. So even if none of our players make it to the NBA the one thing that we all hope for is that all the players play hard like true Zags and give it their all. For Jeremy, I would like to see him play better defensively and if needed be more aggressive and willing to foul out. There are still things he can do to help the team. Just imagine if Pargo could shut down Evans last night. What a difference things would be if he couldn't dribble penetrate in the lane. We win the game if that happens. For now we have to hope that the team takes care of their obligations in the WCC and tries to learn from this slaughter that occurred. I will be ready and positive for the next game ahead but deep down will be a little less excited about the Zags chances in the tournament.

Pargo the Destroyer
02-08-2009, 11:04 AM
he is grumpy folks.....GRUMPY. OLD. MAN. I love pargo , love the team , love it all, last nights keister kicking was painful to watch, but you know what, I have no disdain for any of them from head coach down to student manager. It's obvious some people have alot of time and alot of nothing to do hence the "baiting". However feel free to neg rep him....respectfully , should you choose to do so.

gu03alum
02-08-2009, 11:06 AM
I'm a Pargo lover. You want to know why? Because he is a Zag and I am a Zag lover. I love everyone of those kids on our team.

What do you want us to say? Do you want us to hate him as much as you do and make him feel even worse about himself? He's a 23 year old kid who has had a rough year. We can all get behind him or trash him even more.

All that I know, and I am sure you will agree, is that we need him to play well to make a run in the tournament. Our season isn't over. You'll be eating your words come March. I guarantee it.

This is not pollyannaish. This is what being a true fan is. This is a great post. Jeremy had a rough game. Calipari had a great game plan to shut him down and Gonzaga was not quick enough to make adjustments. Oh well, it happens. I still love JP and I always will.

gu03alum
02-08-2009, 11:08 AM
Just imagine if Pargo could shut down Evans last night. What a difference things would be if he couldn't dribble penetrate in the lane. We win the game if that happens.

I don't think that you can put this on JP either. Gonzaga was in a zone most of the night.

vandalzag
02-08-2009, 11:11 AM
Please tell me the difference between Jazz and the others that have been banned. I thought one of the reasons the board was moved to this site was to have more "civil" discussions and not have to deal with all the crap from other sites . Tell me how Jazz is any different than the Husky trolls from the other board. Describe one positive attribute that he lends to this community.
It is one thing to be critical, but never making anything close to a positive comment is ridiculous. Last I checked this was a site for people who are fans of the program. Yet you allow some clown to launch personal attacks on players, recruits, other members of the board, etc.... If this is how you want the board to be, than why waste time moderating? Why have rules? I am not for censorship on differing or critical opinions, but allowing people to hide behind a user name and take shot at kids is a joke. I thought the way the fans supported the program was what made being a Zagfan different.

gamagin
02-08-2009, 11:16 AM
I think it's time you got over your anger with a few posters who, beginning several years ago, perhaps even a few in this day and age as well, apparently hurt your feelings.

My beef is you chose to hide behind too many GU athletes in the process of striking back. Over and over. You keep ramming home a vague, ill-mannered and cruel, very old and tiring, counterpoint, to some unnamed people you disagree with. Why ?

Why don't you just name them instead of a player ?

I don't think I am one of them but I can tell you if I am, I can take the finger pointing. Just clear the air and be done with it. If you are right and I am wrong and I am not man enough to admit it, put me on ignore. Don't make a career out of pressing the long-gone, long forgotten issue and turning it into some sort of psychosis. Move on.

Otherwise, it is tiresome, boring and boorish to keep throwing turds into the various discussions, or starting them, and (I guess) expecting everyone else to pick them out, clean them up and explain or deride or argue over whether its a turd or not.

It's a turd. You are becoming a turd in the process, too.

I say "becoming" because I haven't given up on you, fwiw, because you have some keen insights into the game. I look forward to them. I read them and learn sometimes.

So make the cases worth advancing, name or challenge your offenders straight on (and preferably privately), and stop hiding behind zag players in the process, okay ?

They are not your problem. They have become your target in the process of striking back at "someone" else. You are using them for personal, selfish reasons, and abusing them as if they were your enemies. They are not your enemies, either.

You are your own worst enemy. And you are making enemies in the process, too. So wake up. And stop it.

Please.

ZagSlug
02-08-2009, 11:23 AM
Just wanted to be in a locked thread.

Pargo is not really as bad as he was against Memphis and maybe Matt is not really as good as he was against UP.

Over reaction either way over a single game belongs in the analysis of football games not basketball games. Unless it is in March.

jazzdelmar
02-08-2009, 11:28 AM
I think it's time you got over your anger with a few posters who, beginning several years ago, perhaps even a few in this day and age as well, apparently hurt your feelings.

My beef is you chose to hide behind too many GU athletes in the process of striking back. Over and over. You keep ramming home a vague, ill-mannered and cruel, very old and tiring, counterpoint, to some unnamed people you disagree with. Why ?

Why don't you just name them instead of a player ?

I don't think I am one of them but I can tell you if I am, I can take the finger pointing. Just clear the air and be done with it. If you are right and I am wrong and I am not man enough to admit it, put me on ignore. Don't make a career out of pressing the long-gone, long forgotten issue and turning it into some sort of psychosis. Move on.

Otherwise, it is tiresome, boring and boorish to keep throwing turds into the various discussions, or starting them, and (I guess) expecting everyone else to pick them out, clean them up and explain or deride or argue over whether its a turd or not.

It's a turd. You are becoming a turd in the process, too.

I say "becoming" because I haven't given up on you, fwiw, because you have some keen insights into the game. I look forward to them. I read them and learn sometimes.

So make the cases worth advancing, name or challenge your offenders straight on (and preferably privately), and stop hiding behind zag players in the process, okay ?

They are not your problem. They have become your target in the process of striking back at "someone" else. You are using them for personal, selfish reasons, and abusing them as if they were your enemies. They are not your enemies, either.

You are your own worst enemy. And you are making enemies in the process, too. So wake up. And stop it.

Please.

Gam, u make a great point (see my PM to u). I will consider ur fair and reasoned suggestion.

CaliforniaZaggin'
02-08-2009, 11:33 AM
It must be a sad life when you spend your Sunday gloating about the basketball struggles of a 22-year-old.

Agreed.

CaliforniaZaggin'
02-08-2009, 11:34 AM

And agreed.

omahazag
02-08-2009, 11:38 AM

you are annoying.

Just A Zag
02-08-2009, 11:43 AM
What good is this whole thread? There is no insightful discussion of anything here... just some guy who loves to hate our starting point guard who is just a kid. This shouldn't of made it to page 2.