PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Morrison Article!

WhitworthZAG
02-08-2009, 06:46 AM
From The Charlotte Observer.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/206/story/523907.html

mdZag23
02-08-2009, 01:34 PM
I for one am happy to see this happen to Adam. I think he was on the wrong team with expectations that few players can live up to. As a matter of fact, I think only a handful of rookies ever live up to expectations like that!

As they say, he is what he is! What I think he is, is a player that needs to be on the right team who plays a very specific role for that team. I'm not sure the Lakers are the right team but they clearly can use another good 3pt shooting threat with the way that Kobe and some of their other slashers get to the hole.

That said, I don't see where his playing time is going to come from on that team. They are solid at just about every position and have a nice mix of 6,7,8 guys.

One other positive, potentially, is how PJ can handle different personalities and Adam clearly is one. That was not going to happen with Larry B, ever!!!

gamagin
02-08-2009, 01:48 PM
<< Then again, you came to accept odd behavior from him. You know that ABC series, “Live on Mars,'' about the guy transported back to the '70s? Morrison would have been perfect for it: Long hair his first two seasons, scruffy mustache, a love of Doors music. He would have made a great extra on “Twin Peaks,'' because he defined that half-tick-off Northwest vibe.>>

Maybe this is what attracts Ammo to PJ . . . this describes PJ, except you gotta go back to the '60's.

I'm liking this trade the more I read about it. I believe Ammo will get his chance with the Lakers, unless he is trade bait in some way.

I just hope he's ready and can fill the niche the Lakers need. No small challenge, but a real honor to be considered and a privilege to play with many of the best in the business.

Go Ammo ! Make yourself proud !

Just A Zag
02-08-2009, 02:51 PM
First off the practice court? that doesn't sound like adam

ssorvszag
02-08-2009, 03:39 PM
I feel LA is a good fit for adam. If anyone can get Ammo on track its Phil and KB.

CTDeSmetZagAlum
02-08-2009, 04:14 PM
I miss the days of Adam being Adam. Coming into DeSmet after driving his beat up Red Nissan pick-up with a chaw and making people take a horseshoe then dominating you in Halo2. Not on his own Xbox of course, because for some reason he sold his, then proceeded to camp out on the first floor in 04-05 to play. I won't reveal his gamer tags because the NBA would be a bit disturbed. Yet, it was his passion that I miss the most. His eagerness to want the ball and most importantly, his domination. In all aspects that is.

75Zag
02-08-2009, 04:18 PM
The NBA is not my favorite thing, but I am happy to see Adam on the West Coast. My company has fancy tickets to the Portland Rose Garden, and I will claim them and I will cheer like an idiot for Adam when the Lakers come to town.

Go Bulldogs!

LongIslandZagFan
02-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Bonnell is a jack@$$... he hated Ammo from the get go. Now that he got his wish to see him go, he tries to write a nicer article about him. BTW it is LIFE ON MARS... can't this idiot at least take the time to do his job right???

ZagNut08
02-08-2009, 05:18 PM
As much as some people dislike the lakers, there is no better team for a Gonzaga grad to be on if you want to watch him play...no team in the league has more games on national television than the lakers

On Wednesday the 18th Ammo and the Lakers will be @ GS Warriors to take on Ronny...game will be nationally televised

ZagNut08
02-08-2009, 06:38 PM
Mitch Kupchak - Lakers GM - Conference Call Regarding Trade
http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/090207detailsofthecharlottedeal.html

GU69
02-08-2009, 06:59 PM
From our point of view we feel we pick up two players that are still young developing players (is valuable). As you know, Adam (Morrison) was their No. 3 pick in the NBA Draft and had an ACL injury against us last year. That injury takes more than a year (to recover from), so we think he would benefit from a situation that has less pressure, and our staff here in terms of our people downstairs medically and just a stable environment where he could progress and get back to where he was in college.

This sounds good to me. I hope that Adam is comfortable there.

snebzag
02-08-2009, 07:04 PM
I don't really like the NBA at all, but found myself watching a bit of the Lakers today, trying to see where Adam might fit. Found no answers, but think this is good for the former Zag great, can't be any worse than the situation he was in.

ZagMan in Philly
02-09-2009, 08:57 AM
Words of encouragement from his new coach:

MORRISON PICKS 6

Newly acquired Adam Morrison will switch from No. 35 to No. 6, symbolic of his quest for a fresh start with the Lakers.

"Some people have forgotten about his skill as a basketball player, but this is an opportunity to start over," Jackson said. "It's the Western Conference, he's a Western kid. It's a much more hospitable environment for him."

Go Adam, I will be watching and rooting for you.

LongIslandZagFan
02-09-2009, 08:59 AM
Words of encouragement from his new coach:

MORRISON PICKS 6

Newly acquired Adam Morrison will switch from No. 35 to No. 6, symbolic of his quest for a fresh start with the Lakers.

"Some people have forgotten about his skill as a basketball player, but this is an opportunity to start over," Jackson said. "It's the Western Conference, he's a Western kid. It's a much more hospitable environment for him."

This could be a great opportunity for him. Phil loves playing his bench and typically finds good roles for his players.

gamagin
02-09-2009, 09:08 AM
Words of encouragement from his new coach: MORRISON PICKS 6

That is just the kind of talk I was hoping to hear from Zen Master Jackson.

Find the inner basketball ninja that is Ammo, turn him loose and set him FREE !
Clearly, CLEARLY, he has been trapped in basketball hell at Charlotte and has been contracting in development since recovering from the injury because the fit was just not there -- emotionally or otherwise.

Now he will be in front of a crowd of winners and the glitterati, too, as the natural showman gets a chance to reveal his true athletic colors and value in front of a demanding, yet appreciative, and (I hope somewhat) patient, fan base.

It might take a while to get the bit and the taste of Charlotte (maybe the chew, too) out of his mouth. But I predict he will do it, loosen up and thrive in this system and under PJ's tutelage.

The good Lord willing and the creek don't rise.

Go Ammo !

bullzag23
02-09-2009, 09:22 AM
That is just the kind of talk I was hoping to hear from Zen Master Jackson.

Find the inner basketball ninja that is Ammo, turn him loose and set him FREE !
Clearly, CLEARLY, he has been trapped in basketball hell at Charlotte and has been contracting in development since recovering from the injury because the fit was just not there -- emotionally or otherwise.

Now he will be in front of a crowd of winners and the glitterati, too, as the natural showman gets a chance to reveal his true athletic colors and value in front of a demanding, yet appreciative, and (I hope somewhat) patient, fan base.

It might take a while to get the bit and the taste of Charlotte (maybe the chew, too) out of his mouth. But I predict he will do it, loosen up and thrive in this system and under PJ's tutelage.

The good Lord willing and the creek don't rise.

Go Ammo !

I don't think we should have much to worry about regarding the fan base's patience with Adam. They already have a championship caliber team, and since he'll be coming off of the bench fans' expectations won't be exceedingly high anyways. I just hope he exceeds those expectations and shocks the NBA with a comeback.

ZagManFan
02-09-2009, 09:22 AM
Would have great if Ronny was still there though. Catch 22 again though since I have to watch the Lakers to watch Morrison.

CalZag
02-09-2009, 10:20 AM
MORRISON PICKS 6

Perhaps Ammo was inspired by Kurt Warner at the end of the first half with his "pick 6"

Lurknomore
02-09-2009, 11:29 AM
So, what's wrong with the Doors?

Good luck Ammo-we are glad you are back on this side of the country.

FuManShoes
02-09-2009, 11:47 AM
I can now go back to ignoring the Charlotte Bobcats.

BavarianZag
02-09-2009, 12:01 PM
Maybe Morrison should pick #31, get a pair of horn rimmed specs, and channel one of the most beloved Laker role players ever.
http://www.kurtrambis.com/Ft.jpg

A sure fire way to win your way into the hearts of Laker fans.

zagzealot
02-09-2009, 12:11 PM
The lead bass player for the Red Hot Chili Peppers and huge Lakers fan has been a longtime supporter of the quirky former Gonzaga player and blogged about how thrilled he was when he learned the Lakers traded Vladimir Radmanovic for Shannon Brown and Morrison.

He wrote: “i would guess that i am probably more excited about this trade than any other basketball fan in the world

“Love his wild style!

“look i know the guy has done very little to establish himself as a good nba player, even though i personally think he will……………. it’s not about that……….. he is just a really passionate player with his own style that is truly unique, and i believe that he can be a great player, and he is just the type of guy that adds a depth to the many trippy colors of the rich tapestry of basketball”

http://lakers.freedomblogging.com/2009/02/09/morrison-trade-hits-a-note-with-fan/11496/

katman50
02-09-2009, 12:17 PM
Good find zzealot. I am one of Adam's greatest fans. I still believe that before it's over he will make his mark in the NBA in some capacity. After watching him through his high school and college years and progressing through each step, I still believe he will finally figure out basketball on the NBA level. It's crazy. A week ago I wasn't a fan of the Lakers; now I'm their biggest. Go figure.

malmer7
02-09-2009, 01:11 PM
i've hated the lakers for so long now - the rigged series against my kings several years ago, kobe (enough said), bill walton, ARGHHH, hated!
oh well, now i'm a fan - go ammo, go lakers!

just wish rone-dog was still in the house, then i might even go buy some of those stupid purple and gold flags and put them on my car once a year when the lakers are make the playoffs...

ZagNut08
02-09-2009, 07:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BVscQhG7-M

Interview w/ Morrison today after first Laker's Practice