PDA

View Full Version : Black Jerseys???

theirishzag03
02-07-2009, 09:18 PM
I thought this was the game???

After this effort, Few should make them wear PINK! Maybe he could put a breast cancer ribbon on them and raise more money for the Jimmy V Foundation!:lmao:

I will tell you what... rather than shaking up the lineup, except maybe Micah back into it where he started the season, make them at the VERY least PRACTICE in pink jerseys- If that doesn't send a message I don't know what would. If one of my coaches made me wrestle in a pink singlet or pitch in pink pants I would crap my pants and bust my arse to make certain that NEVER was an issue again!

Zag4Hire
02-07-2009, 09:22 PM

After this effort, Few should make them wear PINK! Maybe he could put a breast cancer ribbon on them and raise more money for the Jimmy V Foundation!:lmao:

I will tell you what... rather than shaking up the lineup, except maybe Micah back into it where he started the season, make them at the VERY least PRACTICE in pink jerseys- If that doesn't send a message I don't know what would. If one of my coaches made me wrestle in a pink singlet or pitch in pink pants I would crap my pants and bust my arse to make certain that NEVER was an issue again!

Thread closed and blacklisted by Kool-Aid Protectors and BZ in 3, 2, 1 .......:lmao:

theirishzag03
02-08-2009, 07:32 AM
You may be right Zag4hire- T Minus 1:00

GoZags
02-08-2009, 07:52 AM

Details can be a little tough for some. If you'd paid attention at all you'd know while the Jimmy V Foundation is an incredibly important and successful endeavor --- Marcy and Mark Few's involvement is with Coaches vs Cancer.

As for the wearing black, could you kindly link to the Press Release, quote or any other official Gonzaga University Athletic Department source where they said GU would be wearing black? Thanks in advance, and stay classy.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/collegesports/2008004589_webfew18.html

theirishzag03
02-08-2009, 08:19 AM
http://content.usatoday.com/topics/article/Jim+Valvano/0fxG652f0m1WG/1

Yes Norm Stewart (Missouri) was responsible for starting C vs C by challenging fans to pledge a dollar amount for every three points made by his team during the season. Not coincidentally, this was in 1993 just after the formation of the V Foundation. Jay Bilas (ESPN) is a "Council Member" of Coaches vs. Cancer and ESPN is the Founder of The V Foundation. Pink ties in better with Breast cancer awareness any way!

My main point was...get the team motivated. Like when Eddie Sutton made them wear football pads. I say make them wear PINK until they show some toughness as a whole!

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?t=17932&highlight=Black+Jerseys

theirishzag03
02-08-2009, 05:58 PM
Does this make you feel better???

GoZags
02-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Does this make you feel better???

Oh, I'd seen that thread, and found it interesting that some guy at a downtown store (who is trying to sell jerseys) can make a comment about the Zags wearing Black and that it'd spawn a thread. That's why I'd asked if you had a link to something official (i.e. from the Athletic Department).

Just because something is mentioned on this forum doesn't necessarily mean that it's true.

Edited to add: I find your comments mocking "pink" disgraceful. "Pink" is an honorable color when it comes to the fight against Breast Cancer and your comments re: pink singlets and pink pants for the guys is beyond demeaning. Although it's obvious you find it cute (why else would you have bumped it this morning after your initial post in this thread had fallen back to page 2) I find it disgusting (my opinion).