PDA

View Full Version : Please Lord, send us a real center.

HillBillyZag
02-07-2009, 08:44 PM
If we had Ronny or JP tonight might have had a different result. Maybe Rob will work up to it, or Andy may beef up, or Sam may show us he is the guy, or lightning may strike Will over the off-season and turn him into a raging bull.
But we need a guy who can play with his back to the basket, block out, board, feed cutters from the post, have a nice little baby hook, a decent mid range jumper and an on the court personality like an enraged rhino. Please!! Or I would settle for a Brockmann clone. He would have put Dozier into the third row of the seats the first time he drove for the hoop.

HOOTER
02-07-2009, 08:51 PM
We really are in dire need of a big. Someone who can really battle in the paint. Someone who can play with their back to the basket. We've always had that guy, but not in recent history. I like Josh, but he's just not comfortable in the paint. I do think help is on the way, just not this season.

former1dog
02-07-2009, 08:56 PM
If we had Ronny or JP tonight might have had a different result.

I really don't think we watched the same game. Tonights loss was about getting outplayed by a team that had heart and guts and got after it for 40 minutes. We were out of it mentally and physically from the opening tip.

The most impactful guy on the court for us was the smallest guy on our team.... CENTER?!?!

For crying out loud, we just needed guys to show up to play and we might have made a game out of it.

DenDiegoZag
02-07-2009, 08:57 PM
How about 5 starters with Heart...

mnzag24
02-07-2009, 08:58 PM
If we had Ronny or JP tonight might have had a different result. Maybe Rob will work up to it, or Andy may beef up, or Sam may show us he is the guy, or lightning may strike Will over the off-season and turn him into Davis Love.
But we need a guy who can play with his back to the basket, block out, board, feed cutters from the post, have a nice little baby hook, a decent mid range jumper and an on the court personality like an enraged rhino. Please!!

r u fi'in serious? this was not our problem tonight. our frickin problem was that pargo (who i still love) and daye didn't look like they cared what so ever. look, the coaches know more than any of us, i dont think anyone would doubt that. at the end of the game, our starting point guard, shooting/point guard, and shooting/small/power forward were on the bench. where does the big man come in? i dont care if i get neg reped or not, but this team goes as far as pargo's intensity. he needs something to get him goin again. get him fired up. he drives us. with meech in tonight we looked fired up. with pargo on the floor everyone was standing around. with meech in the game at the end we were making crisper passes, handling the ball better, playing with a point. i love pargo, i think he is a great player, but something has his heart down right now. get it back man, we need you, you are the heart and soul of this team

RenoZag
02-07-2009, 08:59 PM
HBZ, If Will turns into Davis Love, can I carry his clubs ?

dim4sum
02-07-2009, 09:06 PM
Five starters with heart. Well put in the other post.
Five of the six guys in the starting-first off bench rotation were
raised in heartless, affluent and over-comfortable suburban circumstances.
Big box retail. Vast parking lots. Endless tedium. Low tolerance for a challenge. Pampered and soft. Over-praised and the feeling that winning is possible without breaking a sweat.
I know its a vast over-generalization. But it has a grain of truth and that's what we got on the court tonight. Where's the Brockmanism?

Air Force Zag
02-08-2009, 04:59 AM
Big box retail. Vast parking lots. Endless tedium. Low tolerance for a challenge. Pampered and soft. Over-praised and the feeling that winning is possible without breaking a sweat.
I know its a vast over-generalization. But it has a grain of truth and that's what we got on the court tonight. Where's the Brockmanism?

OK...got the "effect" -- lack of effort. But the "cause?" We lost because our players were raised in the suburbs? Wow.

kitzbuel
02-08-2009, 05:16 AM

Wow, you are right. We need more kids from the gritty streets of Snohomish. :lmao:

Stache
02-08-2009, 07:27 AM
JP was a great two year JC transfer find, but not since Ronny have we had a true back to the basket scoring threat. The staff knows JH is not a #5 and by all indications he is not going to be converted to one. Are 5's just that hard to find or did we just have a hole in the position coverage? I can't remember a big transfering out. I hope I'm wrong, but Rob looks like a rebounder and presence guy, but not a scoring threat and without an inside scoring threat the other team gets to pressure the perimeter without paying a price... a.k.a. Memphis Tigers beatdown.

Dower?