PDA

View Full Version : conference breakdowns into the Sweet 16

gmo
03-18-2007, 03:44 PM
"Power" conferences get 12 of 16 to the Sweet 16. 4 from outside the BCS leagues.

I would love to see some of the small conferences last longer than the ACC and Big-10! Especially considering they have much tougher roads.

SEC 7-1 (3 teams thru)
Pac-10 7-3 (3 teams thru)
Big-12 5-2 (2 teams thru)
Big East 5-4 (2 teams thru)
Big 10 5-4 (1 team thru)
ACC 6-5 (1 team thru)

Conference USA 2-0 (Memphis)
Horizon 2-1 (Butler thru)
Mountain West 2-1 (UNLV thru)
Missouri Valley 2-1 (SIU thru)

zagsdan86
03-18-2007, 04:24 PM
Horizon League is actually 2-1 with Butler's wins and the loss by Wright St.

gmo
03-18-2007, 05:04 PM
did this by hand obviously and i missed Wright St., you are correct.

CDC84
03-18-2007, 05:14 PM
Florida can just book their plane trip to Atlanta. Butler, Oregon and UNLV may not get blown out, but I just can't see any of these teams being a serious threat to take down the Gators. UNLV and Oregon is going to be a great game. The Rebels have the discipline that Winthrop lacked to not get suckered into Oregon's game, and they have bruisers in the middle.

The South regional is going to be great: Ohio State, Tennessee, Texas A&M and Memphis. Unfortunately, Chris Douglas-Roberts sustained a terrible ankle injury in the Nevada game. I don't know if he'll be ready for the A&M game.

SIU and Kansas is interesting in that the one weakness KU has is that they can be impatient on offense. SIU with their defense just punishes teams that put up quick shots. UCLA/Pitt = Howland versus his ex-assistant Jamie Dixon.

USC is more talented than Michigan State. If they keep playing like they're playing, they will have a chance to knock out the Tarheels.

gmo
03-19-2007, 09:27 AM
I agree that Florida has a clear path to the F4. I do think Oregon will give them a run for their money though - that team is real hot right now and playing with some serious confidence.

No doubt the South region is stacked - i agree that Ohio State will have the toughest path. Buckeye fans have to like the Xavier scare though, seems like many years the eventual champion has a very near loss early which wakes them up and they go all the way.