View Full Version : Rudd still liking the Zags

BobZag
02-05-2009, 09:34 AM
http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=909334

Shiver me timbers, Batman.

February 5, 2009

Jerry Meyer
Rivals.com Basketball Recruiting Analyst

Although Rudd maintains he is wide open in his recruitment and without any favorites, he did name three schools who he wants to make sure he visits. Arizona will definitely get a visit, although a date has not been set yet. Gonzaga and Oregon State are the other two likely visit destinations.

ZagManFan
02-05-2009, 10:06 AM
Soooo, I doubt he would walk-on. Is there something we don't know?

BobZag
02-05-2009, 10:13 AM
Soooo, I doubt he would walk-on. Is there something we don't know?

It wouldn't be the first time.

spudzag
02-05-2009, 10:15 AM
Rudd is certainly talented enough, where's the slot come from?

cggonzaga
02-05-2009, 10:20 AM
Pure speculation but maybe Foster wants to go somewhere that he'll play. I would love to get Rudd. The way our coaches develop players and with the ridiculous amount of upside Victor has, I think it would be a match made in heaven.

GUZagDenver
02-05-2009, 11:52 AM
I agree. Will has come a long way, but Will for one more year or Victor Rudd for 4? I think I would take Rudd. But if Will wants to stay, I don't think he should be asked to leave. He has put in the work and deserves to stay if he wants. Kind of like the P-Mac situation. It would be nice to get Rudd and keep Will, if we could make that work somehow.

spudzag
02-05-2009, 11:57 AM
It wouldn't be the first time.

Seems like WSU had a situation last year where someone on the team gave up his scholie so they could make an addition. That was an amazing act. So who know what might happen.

sdzag
02-05-2009, 11:59 AM
I agree. Will has come a long way, but Will for one more year or Victor Rudd for 4? I think I would take Rudd. But if Will wants to stay, I don't think he should be asked to leave. He has put in the work and deserves to stay if he wants. Kind of like the P-Mac situation. It would be nice to get Rudd and keep Will, if we could make that work somehow.

Easy way to make that work is to get to a Final Four this year with Daye playing well. He goes as a lottery pick and Rudd takes his place!

GUZagDenver
02-05-2009, 01:04 PM
Easy way to make that work is to get to a Final Four this year with Daye playing well. He goes as a lottery pick and Rudd takes his place!

Amen

spudzag
02-05-2009, 01:11 PM
We will already have 5 new faces next season. Hopefully Austins stays one more year and we don't go to 6.

While each new face brings lot so promise, 6 new faces plus Grant and Andy seems extreme.

JPtheBeasta
02-05-2009, 04:57 PM
Seems like WSU had a situation last year where someone on the team gave up his scholie so they could make an addition. That was an amazing act. So who know what might happen.

Was it Tyler Rochestie? Pretty cool. Austin Daye probably doesn't need the money...

drogba11
02-05-2009, 05:41 PM
Amen

Why on earth would you Amen that notion. I'm hoping Daye stays another 2 years.