PDA

View Full Version : Mills Update

Angelo Roncalli
02-02-2009, 03:05 PM
Mills will have surgery tomorrow on the hand. Still looking at missing 4 weeks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3879921

HRZag
02-02-2009, 03:10 PM
Really sorry to hear this news, both for Mills and for St. Marys. He's a great kid and they a great team.

Hope he recovers well and quickly. Good luck to St. Mary's, until we meet them again that is.

SWZag
02-02-2009, 03:10 PM
Let's hope all goes well during surgery and recovery. The WCC needs him.

SWZag

CaliforniaZaggin'
02-02-2009, 03:16 PM
Injuries have helped turn what was supposed to be a huge year for the WCC into a down year. Hopefully Mills is back at full strength by March 1.

Zag 77
02-02-2009, 03:33 PM
I hope he heals up.

I hope he leaves early for the NBA and makes oodles of money.

I hope we never have to play against him again.

malmer7
02-02-2009, 03:35 PM
well, this definitely puts a kink in my plans to junk punch the guy in moraga during the game, can't hit the guy while he's down...
all kidding aside - what happens if they loose 3-5 games while he's out, then they go undefeated from there on out (except loosing against us in the tourney final in vegas), do they make the big dance??

CTDeSmetZagAlum
02-02-2009, 03:48 PM
Patty Mills could have easily been the WCC POY this year. I am not a doctor (sometimes I wish I was), but I feel that Patty could show up after a good recovery and come back stronger than ever. It just simply amazed me the tenacity in his eyes when he was dropping trey balls against it. it was effortless!!!!

drogba11
02-02-2009, 03:49 PM
Boy Gonzaga dodged a bullet. I was hoping for a rematch to prove we could beat St. Mary's. I do like what I see out of the team, although everyone else has such lofty expectations on this board. Wish Mills the best.

As the the big dance for St. Mary's. Its just doesn't looking good... They may have to win the WCC title. That would be awesome to see Mills make it in for the tournament and run threw to get the bid. God I love this time of year!

krozman
02-02-2009, 03:51 PM
what happens if they loose 3-5 games while he's out, then they go undefeated from there on out (except loosing against us in the tourney final in vegas), do they make the big dance??

One more loss in WCC play except to Gonzaga and they are out IMO. St. Mary's really needed to play Portland tougher and show that they are not so one dimensional. Probably why they lost so much in the polling.

drogba11
02-02-2009, 04:00 PM
Patty Mills could have easily been the WCC POY this year. I am not a doctor (sometimes I wish I was), but I feel that Patty could show up after a good recovery and come back stronger than ever. It just simply amazed me the tenacity in his eyes when he was dropping trey balls against it. it was effortless!!!!

One thing to think about, I'm not picking on you, is the scar tissue that will develop in his hand with basically any surgery. He will have to make adjustments, I just logically can't see his shooting being accurate... Its going to take awhile and a lot of Physical Therapy to mobilize and regain full range of motion especially for hand/wrist issue. The hand/wrist surgery issues really lock up after surgery and most patients get therapy to be stretched and mobilize right away, if they wait he could lose full range of motion for life. I'm speculating from experience, it does depend on how invasive the surgery is and at this point I've heard nothing. The way he fall looked to be a carpal bone, distal ulnar, or proximal metacarpal fracture. Personally I think St. Mary's will be done for the season without a WCC Title.

JohnOGU
02-02-2009, 04:47 PM
Without Mills, SMC is not going to make the tourny unless they win the conference tourny. Plain and simple.

BobZag
02-02-2009, 05:08 PM
On February 21, the Gaels host Utah State in Bracketbusters. That's a great opportunity for SMC. USU is ranked in top-25 and has a 40 RPI.