PDA

View Full Version : Golden opportunity for Adam tonight

ZagMan in Philly
02-02-2009, 01:20 PM
He gets a chance to start tonight against the Jazz.
Let's hope he will have a good game.
For those who can not get the game on TV, and want to watch the game:

http://www.justin.tv/gozags87

http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_the_nba/2009/02/morrison-to-start-against-jazz-.html

krozman
02-02-2009, 02:18 PM
Morrison’s confidence appears shaky after he struggled the past two games as a fill-in starter for the injured Gerald Wallace. Brown thinks Morrison has a better chance of guarding Jazz small forward C.J. Miles

What? Morrison as a premier defender?

BobZag
02-02-2009, 02:24 PM
Spoke with Adam's father Saturday. He said Adam is just waiting to be traded to a team with an offense-first coach. I don't follow the NBA so I don't know what teams that would be but he mentioned Golden State.

HillBillyZag
02-02-2009, 03:23 PM
There might be someone who does'nt appreciate defense, but you won't see them often in the playoffs I would guess.

gozags09
02-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Not too good so far...
M FG 3FG FT OR TR A TO STL BLK PF PTS

A. Morrison, SF
13 Minutes
0-1 FG
0-0 3FG
0 Assists
1 Rebound

Ziggy
02-02-2009, 07:20 PM
Something funny about getting 23 minutes and only getting 6 shots. I guess you could call that not very productive but I'd call it not enough chances.:mad:

Zag79
02-02-2009, 07:36 PM
There might be someone who does'nt appreciate defense, but you won't see them often in the playoffs I would guess.

i think he just needs to find a team that is unselfish. ive watched enough games to know that mo isnt getting a chance on that team. even the lakers with kobe and gasol will pass up a shot to get the open player a look. and look how great they are. charlotte is a team full of me's. mo will get his time somewhere and the bobcats will be mad at themselves.

T-bonedazag
02-02-2009, 09:18 PM
He has started every game since wallace has gone out

krozman
02-02-2009, 11:19 PM
for 21 minutes in, he really stunk it up.

IrishZag
02-03-2009, 07:56 AM
I was at Gonzaga during the Morrison years and I am as big of a Morrison fan as anyone, but the blind protection and scapegoating of coaches needs to stop

I was at the Nuggets vs. Bobcats game this weekend and Adam was a ineffective on offense and just completely abused on the defensive end. Melo took him to the hole every single time he got the ball and Morrison collected 5 fouls by the middle of the third quarter.

It's one thing to struggle on the offensive end, it is another to be a liability in all other aspects of your position (rebounding, defending, penetrating). This may be exacerbated because of his knee injury, but a lot of those things were issues his Rookie year as well.

Right now I see very few teams that Morrison would be able to be an effective contributor. The short list may be the Knicks, the Warriors, and maybe the Suns (but the suns are on the verge of blowing up their team).

krozman
02-03-2009, 09:17 AM
I am a Morrison in college basketball fan. Honestly, as soon as you jump to the NBA, you become unimportant in my mind. Am I the only one weird enough to not like the NBA but like college basketball? Much like football, it's a different game when you go pro.

StocktonIsMyHero
02-03-2009, 09:24 AM
Spoke with Adam's father Saturday. He said Adam is just waiting to be traded to a team with an offense-first coach. I don't follow the NBA so I don't know what teams that would be but he mentioned Golden State.

That's the problem right there. If Morrison has the mindset of wanting to be traded, it's not surprising that he's not performing very well. Normally you'd expect a professional to go out there and do whatever job their coach asks of them (I mean, he is getting paid several million dollars), but I suppose you have to remember he's only 24 or 25 years old. Still... I've always thought the best way to get yourself traded is to go out there and perform and make other teams start asking about you as opposed to sulking and not trying as hard as you possibly can.

gamagin
02-03-2009, 09:28 AM
That's the problem right there. If Morrison has the mindset of wanting to be traded, it's not surprising that he's not performing very well. Normally you'd expect a professional to go out there and do whatever job their coach asks of them (I mean, he is getting paid several million dollars), but I suppose you have to remember he's only 24 or 25 years old. Still... I've always thought the best way to get yourself traded is to go out there and perform and make other teams start asking about you as opposed to sulking and not trying as hard as you possibly can.

that was my first thought when I read BZ's note quoting the dad.

Who wants someone who has (apparently) quit ? IF that is the case. I hope it is not.