PDA

View Full Version : Worst call of the tournament, hands down

CDC84
03-17-2007, 01:42 PM
The offensive foul called against Strawberry at the end of the Butler/MD game. The Butler player not only wasn't set whatsoever, but he was underneath the hoop and actually initiated the contact. That play is a no call or a foul on Butler, end of story.

Butler still deserved its win because they outplayed the Terps most of the game, but that call was absolutely horrendous.

EL MUSTACIO
03-17-2007, 01:48 PM
No doubt about it. Wasn't even close!

GoZags
03-17-2007, 01:52 PM
I thought the lack of an "intentional" foul against Oden in the waning seconds of regulation was a pretty blatant miss. XU should have had free throws and possession.

Crusader Rick
03-17-2007, 02:08 PM
Although, not in crunch time like those above, was a terrible call as well. I have no idea what the ref thought he saw.

soonerterp
03-17-2007, 05:01 PM
I don't even want to think about this afternoon at all right now. I'm too drunk right now (and its not even good stuff ... ).

TheZagPhish
03-17-2007, 05:06 PM
I don't even want to think about this afternoon at all right now. I'm too drunk right now (and its not even good stuff ... ).

And I'm 250 miles from home at a birthday party for my neice who's turning eleven. The games are on, some good beer is flowing, and eight fifth grade girls are screaming and running around.

(TheZagPhish heads to the 'fridge and grabs another)

Oy.

alwaysazag
03-17-2007, 05:31 PM
they played unlike they've played all year, much like our zags, tough week for eastern WA. Happy St. Paddy's Day!

SpudDawg
03-17-2007, 07:11 PM
Oden made no attempt to get the ball, just knocked the opposing player flat.

sonuvazag
03-18-2007, 12:29 AM
Oden's comments in the post-game interview were essentially a confession: he said he wanted to get off a good foul because he didn't like the way the game was called. The Rochestie call was terrible also. There was also a blocking call on Weaver that was absurd.

And when will DJ shake Darryl's karma?

Zag79
03-19-2007, 01:53 PM
oden should have cost his team the game. obvious miss by the ref takes the cake, even over the dj call.

wazZag
03-19-2007, 05:22 PM
The oden play was terrible. I'm sick of referees refusing to call intentional fouls, it should be a point of emphasis for next season.

MiamiZags
03-19-2007, 07:03 PM
I really disliked a crucial call at the end of the UNLV-GaTech game. GaTech ball down 2 about a minute left, ref counting off the 5 second on-ball defense rule. GaTech pg jumps back and gets necessary separation, yet the ref continues to count and calls the 5 second call much to the suprise of the ballhandler. Bad call, horrible situation for it. UNLV deserved to win in general, and won another big one against Wisc, though.