• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theirishzag03
    Kennel Club
    • Jan 2009

Fran Fraschilla

Fran picked the Gonzaga Bulldogs as one of his 8 team to have a shot at the Final Four.

"Life is GRAND....Divorce about 100 Grand!!!"
    "Shin= A device for finding furniture" Woody Paige
  • S.U. Chieftain
    Banned
    • Jan 2008

You're kidding?!
    I saw the teaser before the commercial and turned it off. I thought, "Well if this was November, the Zags would have made that list, but not now that they're in the 20s in the polls."
    Who were the other 7?

Comment

• theirishzag03
      Kennel Club
      • Jan 2009

my dvr stopped recording

I know ...
      UNC, Pitt, Wake, Duke, UConn, Gonzaga,

I think...Michigan State and Louisville

the other announcer told him he forgot Texas

"Life is GRAND....Divorce about 100 Grand!!!"
      "Shin= A device for finding furniture" Woody Paige

Comment

• upan8th
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Fran has always worn the rose tinted lenses regarding the Zags. He's been through the ringer of big time basketball programs (St Johns, University of New Mexico) and likes the way GU and Mark Few have ascended without the glare of big media, and the gnashing of alumni and "friends". He's in awe of the team's consistency, knowing just how difficult the feat has been.

And though I respect him as an astute analyst of the college game, especially after tonight's game, I believe his hopes for the Zags in the tournament are colored more in the light of hope rather than reason.

Comment

• ZaginLaw
          Kennel Club Material
          • Feb 2007

FF

IMO the Zags aren't a legit FF contender until Scare is healed and Patty Mills become the PG. A Mills type PG is the missing link in a Zags deep, deep run in the Big Dance.

Mills as a soph. is years ahead of where Nash was as a Sr. physically, mentally and talentwise. He's not a potential future NBA 'prospect' - he's a legit NBA player today. It burns me to say this, but year, he would have repeated that second have performance. Take a look at his face and eyes when he closed the gap in the first half. The game slowed down for him, he owned the game and he knew it. The shots from the GU Bench was ala Dickau. Although Dickau would also go to where the student section would almost touch him and then sink the shot.

I was also impressed with the SMC's mental toughness. Mills is a special player.

Comment

Working...
          X