PDA

View Full Version : Samhan: You like me, you really, really like me!

FuManShoes
01-28-2009, 08:16 PM
Oh, Omar
http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_11577102

gu03alum
01-28-2009, 08:22 PM
That was a great article; Great find FuManShoes.

I cant wait to give Samhan hell when he is here in Spokane.

MedZag
01-28-2009, 08:37 PM
Great find. Actually enjoyed a few of the quotes from samHAN. But this one stuck out:

"Gonzaga's been in control of the league the last few years," Samhan said. "We're taking what's ours."

8 years in a row and 10 of the last 11 is more than a "few years." It means it started back when you were just starting puberty, Mr. Samhan. And last I checked, you can't claim ownership of something that was never yours. :D

billyberu
01-28-2009, 09:07 PM
... I cant wait to give Samhan hell when he is here in Spokane.

Which one are you:

"I think deep down, they like me," Samhan said with a laugh.

or

"The fans would yell out things that, all the way in Spokane, I never thought they'd know. It's just very different. ... They do a good job of getting in people's heads. They're ridiculous."

gu03alum
01-28-2009, 09:10 PM
Which one are you:

A little of both; I respect the guy, but I will probably have a few drinks in me from the Bulldog and cannot be held responsible for what I might say tomorrow.

GUZagDenver
01-29-2009, 06:31 AM
Can I just state that this guy is a total tool bag one more time. Maybe tool shed is a more appropriate term.

LongIslandZagFan
01-29-2009, 06:36 AM
Hate him. Those quotes make me hate him more.

Give him hell boys and take the gloves off... unleash hell on Omar.

KOzag08
01-29-2009, 06:50 AM
I want blood tonight ...

tobizag
01-29-2009, 07:05 AM
8 years in a row and 10 of the last 11 is more than a "few years." It means it started back when you were just starting puberty, Mr. Samhan. And last I checked, you can't claim ownership of something that was never yours. :D

thank you medzag, you make an excellent point. how can st mary's say the conference is theirs when they've never had it? samhan is a punk.

let's punch them in the mouth early. i mean that metaphorically. well, maybe somewhere deep down i mean it in the literal "josh-swung-his-elbow-to-clear-out-after-a-rebound-and-made-you-look-like-a-veteran-nhl-player" way. who knows.

either way, let's kill em.

tobizag
01-29-2009, 07:06 AM
btw, i broke my work's dress code today by wearing an old kennel club shirt to the office. productivity may be slightly down today. :D

Go, Gonzaga, G-O-N-Z-A-G-A!!!

gamagin
01-29-2009, 07:12 AM
and Samhan's right, the KC just loves him. they love to hate him.

And to his credit he sends the love-hate right back.

the question tonight is if the KC can pull him out of the game with a few new antics. We'll see.

Go Zags !

KSTATEZAG
01-29-2009, 07:27 AM
Wow. I felt bad for him at one point. I mean no guy should walk around with funbags that big.
Not anymore. Destruction is on the Horizon.

bullzag23
01-29-2009, 07:32 AM
"Gonzaga's been in control of the league the last few years," Samhan said. "We're taking what's ours."

I think what he meant by "what's ours" is 2nd place :lmao:

hockeyzag
01-29-2009, 08:33 AM
I also have a strong hate in my heart for this d-bag. I'm going to be screaming the worst things I can think of at him the entire game. I hope the Kennel Club has some witty/horribly mean cheers for Omar tonight.

hockeyzag
01-29-2009, 08:39 AM
Omar could really use some support

http://deonandan.com/images/manzier.jpg

bullzag23
01-29-2009, 09:07 AM
Omar could really use some support

http://deonandan.com/images/manzier.jpg

Perhaps someone attending the game could blow that picture up with a witty insult to Omar(or even superimpose his face on Kramer's)? I support my Zags just like 'the Bro' supports Omar!

hockeyzag
01-29-2009, 09:09 AM
I was thinking it would be cool, while Omar is at the free throw line, to have half of the Kennel Club yell a long, "BRO!!" and the other half yell back, "MANZIER!!"

sullyzag66
01-29-2009, 09:26 AM
If our guys have his attitude about what belongs to whom, Zags should crush St. Mary's tonight. Passion. Bring it!

Areyoukiddingme
01-29-2009, 09:36 AM
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/gizmodo/2008/11/mensbra01.jpg

skan72
01-29-2009, 10:05 AM
Can I just state that this guy is a total tool bag one more time. Maybe tool shed is a more appropriate term.

He is a "Coleman", the tool known worldwide.

skan72
01-29-2009, 10:29 AM
I'm sorry, I just looked him up...this is the guy...really???:

http://www.draftexpress.com/headshots/omarsamhan.jpg

MJGoGaels
01-29-2009, 01:17 PM
I'm sorry, I just looked him up...this is the guy...really???:

http://www.draftexpress.com/headshots/omarsamhan.jpg

And, this is the Man.

http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/pics21/400/YW/YWMXLSPHVUTFMXO.20081121021333.jpg

EngineerZag
01-29-2009, 01:40 PM
To his credit, Samhan has lost a lot of weight since his freshman year. He moves more quickly and can do more damage as a result.

skan72
01-29-2009, 03:31 PM
To his credit, Samhan has lost a lot of weight since his freshman year. He moves more quickly and can do more damage as a result.

Okay. So there is no way that picture I posted from draftexpress is from any time near the time of the picture that SMCGoGaels posted. He looks soft and like he's sporting some baby fat in the one I posted, but he looks pretty chiseled and tough in the one above.

Areyoukiddingme
01-29-2009, 06:14 PM
http://bluesparkspokane.com/boobs.jpg

ZagMania
01-29-2009, 06:46 PM
I don't like Samham at all either, but the obsession with him on this board is a little unsettling. Maybe if he was a better player this would be warranted, but I think all this focus and jeering about the third best player on the second best team in the WCC just because he jaws a little is odd.

Zag79
01-29-2009, 11:42 PM
its becase hes such a jerk. see him flip off the zag bench, or tell the fans to F&*K off? the list is long thats why i dont like him. and i dont even think hes that good.

ZagsGoZags
01-30-2009, 12:25 AM
But don't you think with his antics, and hot dog poor sportsmanship from time to time, he knows he will draw a hornet's nest.

If we keep beating them, I will forgive him in a few years.

ZagAddict
01-30-2009, 08:12 AM
I can't hold back any longer with posts regarding Omar Samhan... so proceed at your own risk.

I have no respect for Omar... I can't believe no one is even mentioning Omar flipping off the entire GU bench and throwing f-bombs at Mark Few on a nationally televised ESPN game his freshman year in Moraga. I won't even go into any of his other classless acts which continues to this very day... just visit his Facebook page. It is sad to see a player with his talent fail to mature as a person and act with dignity and respect.

Omar is the complete opposite of what GU wants to bring into the program as a person. I can't even begin to imagine what Few would do to a player if they approached an opposing team's bench like Omar did his freshman year, and there is a reason why a Zag player has never posted hate mail directed towards another team,s school or city. Incredible!

I think what disappoints me most is that Randy Bennett continues to put up with all his disgraceful acts. I really have a problem routing for a team or coach that continues to tolerate such disrespect.

Ending on a positive note regarding the Gaels... I really enjoy watching Patty Mills and the way he approaches the game. He is flat out the best player in the WCC by far, and has the ability to lead his Gael team deep into March if healthy. I loved the genuine post-game conversations between Patty Mills and the GU coaching staff. There was a mutual respect and genuine concern on the GU coaching staff's behalf on his injury. I love watching this terrific WCC rivalry each year, but I really can't stand the distasteful actions of a single player. Unfortunately those actions usually speak louder than any other words in this rivalry.

Ah... I feel better now. Glad I got that out of my system. I promise to be more positive moving forward :D