Simpson vs Bouldin..... Bouldin 17 to 15
    O'Leary vs Daye.........Daye 15 to 09

St Mary's bench vs Gonzaga bench.....Gonzaga 16 to 10

Totals....Gonzaga 83 St. Mary's 74
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!
  • former1dog
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Now wait just a cotton pickin minute here. You mean to tell me they are going to play a series of one on one games and let the bench players play a scrimmage at the end.

What the hell! I was wanting to see an actual game!

Comment

• Reborn
      Zag for Life
      • Oct 2007

I really thought you knew more about matchups than that Former1. Sorry... Even if you don't know about the game and just watch it and listen, they talk about match ups in every game. Your post really went way past me......who ever thought basketball was a game on five different one on one games and a 3 on 3 game of bench against bench. I wasn't trying to be obtuse, Former. I don't get your rationale for such a sarcastic post.....And THIS isn't the first time.....

Comment

• Reborn
        Zag for Life
        • Oct 2007

I really thought you knew more about basketball than that Former1. Sorry... Even if you don't know about the game and just watch it and listen, they talk about matchups in every game. There are matchups in every game and they are very important. They're things to look for in talking about the game. They are conversation pieces. Obviously, you're not interested in a conversation when all you can do is say something immature and sarcastic about something I say. I don't get your rationale for such a sarcastic post.....And THIS isn't the first time.....

Comment

• vaboris
          Banned
          • Mar 2007

10 pts from the St. Mary's bench? wtf?

Comment

• NEC26
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Actually I do think our bench is better than Saint Mary's and could be the difference in this game.Saint Marys has not gotten a lot out of their bench all year.

Comment

• MississppiZag
              Bleeds GU Blue
              • May 2008

Just curious...why do you have Bouldin vs Simpson? Please tell me this won't actually happen. Daye vs Simpson and Bouldin vs O'Leary would make me much more comfortable.
              "I enjoyed watching them play more than watching us play," Izzo said after watching his team eke out a 75-71 win over Gonzaga. "I thought they punched us in the mouth, picked us up and punched us in the mouth again."

Comment

• Reborn
                Zag for Life
                • Oct 2007

St. Mary's does not have a strong bench. Mills plays 40 minutes almost every game, and in every important one. I took a look at St. Mary's four toughest games (they haven't had a lot of them) and the bench averaged 8.25 ppg. I gave them a couple of points. Our bench could actually score more that's for sure so I am being generous to St. Mary's.

Simpson and O'Leary are both listed as forwards for St. Mary's. I matched Simpson and Bouldin together because I think that they are both wings, and could be guarding each other. It's the reason that I think Simpson is such a tough match up for wings. However, I do think Bouldin will do a decent job on him. He would actually do better than Austin in my opinion. Simpson and O'Leary are both 6'7".

Comment

• Reborn
                  Zag for Life
                  • Oct 2007

The matchup that I'm most excited about is Josh vs Samhan. I don't think Josh has played against Samhan since Samhan was a Frosh (two years ago). Samhan got the better of Josh that game and he let everyone know it too. Josh may have played against him last year, but Josh really wasn't at full strength. Samhan and Josh are both having good years, and will be vying for first team all conference. It will be important for Josh to stay within himself and not let Samhan get under his skin. I don't see it as a problem for Josh. Josh has played with great composure this year. I've been really impressed with him that's for sure. Gettting Samhan in foul trouble will be a goal for the Zags I think. The Zags must attack the basket and not just settle for 3 pt shots like they have the last two games. Inside first, and then outside. That's when we play our best basketball.

Comment

• former1dog
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
                    I don't get your rationale for such a sarcastic post.....And THIS isn't the first time.....
                    Reborn, I was just trying to make a joke... I guess it wasn't very funny. Sorry, pal. Hey, after all this time, I can joke with you, right?

Comment

• Reborn
                      Zag for Life
                      • Oct 2007

Ok...Sorry. It was that red angry face. I thought if people were joking or kidding they used the "sarcasm" exclamation or this smiley face.

Comment

• former1dog
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Ok...Sorry. It was that red angry face. I thought if people were joking or kidding they used the "sarcasm" exclamation or this smiley face.
                        I was trying to sell it, my man.

For the record, I think Pargo is going to take Mills to school

Comment

• jpwils
                          Professional Zag Fan
                          • Feb 2007

Matchups

Heytvelt vs Samhan- Heytvelt outscores Samhan by 4

Pargo and Meech vs Mills- Mills outscores them by 6

Downs and Bouldin vs O'Leary and Hunter- Zags win this one by 6

Gray vs Hughes- Gray wins by 5

Daye vs Simpson- Simpson wins by 4

Bench points-zags win this by 2

Zags win overall by 7

Comment

• Reborn
                            Zag for Life
                            • Oct 2007

Former1. You did a GREAT job of selling it. You had me. Good job.

I think Pargo and Mills will both have great games. Mills is their scorer. Pargo will do his damage more with the pass, and NOT turning the ball over. If Pargo can get a double double, 10 pts and 10 assists then he wins that matchup. Or maybe if he even gets 10 pts and 8 or more assists he wins the matchup.

Comment

• former1dog
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Former1. You did a GREAT job of selling it. You had me. Good job.
                              My wife thought it was funny. "Oh, you and your little internet friends are so cute. Now, go change Corey's diaper."

Comment

Working...
                              X