PDA

View Full Version : New Bracketology

Angelo Roncalli
01-26-2009, 09:52 AM
GU #5 seed
SMC #10 seed

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncb %2fbracketology

DixieZag
01-26-2009, 10:25 AM
I would take that right now, 5 seed playing a 12 like Michigan, and a second round game against Kentucky. In Boise, I would love that.

theirishzag03
01-26-2009, 10:38 AM
Pitt would be a war if we got by Kentucky and Jodie Meeks-
If we survived the first 2, toughened up and beat Pitt, UNC would most likely be our Elite Matchup. Wow- tough stuff! Then a potential F4 against OK, WF, or maybe UW. Our we up to the challenge???

Lots will change by then, but still fun to ponder!

I would also LOVE to see St. Mary's HAMMER F-UCLA! Mills chance to showup Collison. They would be in tuff vs. Louisville though.

EngineerZag
01-26-2009, 11:12 AM
I'm hoping for a 3 seed. Means we don't have to play the 1 seed in our bracket until the Elite Eight. It's doable if we keep winning.

bartruff1
01-26-2009, 02:05 PM
Has Gonzaga as a 4 in Portland...wouldn't that be nice.

bartruff1
01-26-2009, 02:10 PM
Has Gonzaga as a 4 in Portland...wouldn't that be nice.

Reborn
01-26-2009, 03:26 PM
There's probably no difference between a one and a two this year. And maybe not even any difference between a one and a four. I think what does matter this year is where you play.

If we win both games this week, we have a good chance of playing in Portland as a 4 or 5. I wouldn't really matter. I suppose the 4 gets an easier first game (is there is such a thing this year). I am hoping that by the end of the year we're a 4 or 3 in Portland and stay in the West bracket.

Pleasant Peninsula
01-26-2009, 03:40 PM
Portland or Boise. Not much difference in terms of travel and crowd factor. They would be equally good, IMO.

EngineerZag
01-26-2009, 06:21 PM
There's probably no difference between a one and a two this year. And maybe not even any difference between a one and a four. I think what does matter this year is where you play.

If we win both games this week, we have a good chance of playing in Portland as a 4 or 5. I wouldn't really matter. I suppose the 4 gets an easier first game (is there is such a thing this year). I am hoping that by the end of the year we're a 4 or 3 in Portland and stay in the West bracket.

Seeds are what they are for a reason.

zagzilla
01-26-2009, 06:38 PM
Interesting that our odds of getting a 1-4 seed dropped from 70% last week to 65% this week. Not that this is a scientific process but still curious.

As we continue to win games we "should", we become less compelling than the latest BCS team that got some surprising win against a name opponent. The memory of our OSC wins fade by the day. We need to beat SMC and Memphis to recapture some of the buzz.

Also getting a 12 seed like Michigan followed by probably a rising Kentucky team is a tough way to get to the second weekend.

Agree that we should be happy playing anybody we get in Boise or PDX, though.

ZZ

Reborn
01-26-2009, 06:46 PM
Oh Don't worry. It will not be like it is now in March. There's way to much time left. The seeding is close, but could change a little. But where Lunardi is mostly off, is where teams play.

theirishzag03
01-26-2009, 06:48 PM
A win by Ok State against rival Oklahoma tonight could help our RPI

kitzbuel
01-26-2009, 07:12 PM
A win by Ok State against rival Oklahoma tonight could help our RPI
Blake Griffin is really, really good.