• Show
Clear All
  • theirishzag03
    Kennel Club
    • Jan 2009

Lesson to be learned!

Duke is #2 in the polls-

Zags have as much talent-

I hope the Zags are watching Duke vs. Maryland- 40-15 at the half, 2nd NO LET DOWN- step on their neck attitude

2nd 80-40

"Life is GRAND....Divorce about 100 Grand!!!"
    "Shin= A device for finding furniture" Woody Paige
  • zagfan24
    Zag for Life
    • Jun 2008

I already see the Zags starting to do some of the things that have made Duke so successful. Bouldin taking on a leadership position (Henderson), Downs doing a little bit of everything (Singler) and coming off the bench (Paulus).

IMO, the next step is to match Duke's relentless intensity on Defense (holding Maryland to 28% shooting and forcing 17 turnovers) and the boards (20 offensive rebounds and 52 overall).

Comment

• theirishzag03
      Kennel Club
      • Jan 2009

exactly

Zagfan, That relentless attitude was the lesson I was talking about. The fact they were up by 25 at the half was NOT good enough.

"Life is GRAND....Divorce about 100 Grand!!!"
      "Shin= A device for finding furniture" Woody Paige

Comment

• DrDrivel
        Kennel Club Material
        • Feb 2007

Have you ever actually tried to step on the neck of a terrapin? SO HARD!

You know, 'cause of the shell. Which I feel is sort of cheating.

Comment

• ZaginLaw
          Kennel Club Material
          • Feb 2007

Dr.

Dr - and yet they did step on the neck of the Terps, and LMU is a long way behind the Terps. As a Zag fan it continues to depress me to see what Dook does with similar talent.

Comment

I don't know....

of any athlete or team in any sport (even Tiger) that doesn't change their approach and intensity when the game is over...from football to golf ....baseball to bowling ... motor racing to skiing... I don't watch dook much but IMHO if both teams played a B+ game at a neutral site Gonzaga would win easily. I am hoping the Zags can meet dook or ND in the NCAA because they are among the most overrated teams in the country...

Comment

• ZaginLaw
              Kennel Club Material
              • Feb 2007

B+

Um, Bart, the point is that Dook is prepared, mentally tough, and has that tenacious desire to compete, so they don't play B+ games.

The Zags have much higher probability of playing a B+ game than Dook - so Dook would have higher probability of winning vs. the Zags and getting deep into March IMO.

Comment

Working...
              X