PDA

View Full Version : Salt Lake CC beats NIC

BobZag
01-23-2009, 02:43 PM
7'1" Guy-Marc Michel scored 6 on 3-6 shooting. SLCC is ranked high nationally and came into Coeur d'Alene and beat NIC by about 10. It didn't help NIC that Idaho-bound Shawn Henderson had only 3 total points, he's NIC's top scorer. The stats are bare minimum but Renado Parker led NIC in rebounding with 5, meaning Guy-Marc had 4 or less. Blocks are not listed.

Obviously, Guy-Marc has some improving to do, but having seen him he may be longer overall than Foster. His arms are longer than any arms I've ever seen. His hands are huge and hang to his knees. His wingspan must be 7'5"+. But he does need to learn how to hustle and play harder and be more assertive.

Kiddwell
01-23-2009, 02:53 PM
He needs to get some beef on that slender body too.

I'm wondering whether Guy might redshirt his first year (assuming he's coming). Otherwise, it's two 7-footers as juniors (the other being Sacre, assuming Sacre is redshirting this season), plus nearly 7-footer Poling. When would Guy play his junior or senior season (without a redshirt)? As I'm thinking, rightly or wrongly, that both Robert and Andy are better than Guy.

Can't see Guy sitting on the bench for most of the time (junior, senior years) behind Sacre. It makes more sense, IMO, to redshirt him (year one) then he'd have his senior year as the(e) post Guy (or the second post guy, maybe, behind Sam).

This's all based on my understanding that Guy Marc is a freshman right now.

:]

BobZag
01-23-2009, 03:00 PM
Rob and Andy are more skilled now, not as raw. Guy is more athletic and so long (shotblocker).

He is a frosh this season. Lots of time to be "coached up."

He can be redshirted like anyone else. Same rules apply.