• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • duper
    Kennel Club
    • Apr 2008

Ranked foes.

I just realized among our wins and losses only U Conn is ranked.
    At the start of this season I for one thought this was a very tough schedule, but it isn't really panning out that way.
    It's not the Zags fault they scheduled traditionally tough teams that seem to be in down years. Is this because of the parity in college basketball or the big conferences beating up on each other. Either way I don't see very many teams we can't beat, but of course there are also a bunch we could lose to.
    Can't wait for March.
  • jazzdelmar
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

anyone, anytime, 09 version

this yr's edition of Zags can beat anyone...and lose to anyone.....anytime.

Comment

• CDC84
      Super Moderator
      • Feb 2007

Take the polls with a grain of salt.

Gonzaga has played 5 non-league teams in the RPI top 50, and they are 3-2 in those games. They've also played 3 non-league teams that are ranked from 51-100. The Tennessee victories are a lot better than they appear in the polls.....the Vols are at 18 in the RPI. Don't know if people realize this, but Utah is at 17 in the RPI.

The non-league SoS is still in the high teens. Facing Memphis will help (RPI = 13) that SoS. Gonzaga's non-league SoS is really just about the same as it has been most seasons this decade.

Comment

• zag67
        Zag for Life
        • Sep 2007

The last Arizona loss to ASU, I think goes directly to ref. His call was unbelieveable.

Comment

• Pleasant Peninsula
          Professional Zag Fan
          • Mar 2008

It was a bad call, but Arizona had no better than a 40% chance of winning the game at that moment anyway, so it's not like you can hang a loss on one call...

Comment

• CDC84
            Super Moderator
            • Feb 2007

At least PSU stands a decent chance of winning the Big Sky and getting into the dance. Arizona's streak of consecutive NCAA tourney appearances is in serious jeopardy.

Comment

• Krobbins34
              Bulldog Fan
              • Sep 2008

[QUOTE=duper;344720]I just realized among our wins and losses only U Conn is ranked.
              At the start of this season I for one thought this was a very tough schedule,"

Yes, but when you factor in the win of the old spice classic. with Georgetown and Michigan State still ranked in there, it looks a little better. I also believe Tennessee will be back in the top 25 before tourney time.

Comment

• MDABE80
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Outside of UConn ( which was bad enough), every loss was completely unexpected and was just terrible. GU gave up lots of options because those losses. Polls and seeding suffered quite a bit. Confidence in this team suffered. Are we back? I still don't think so. We've won 4 games...1 in OT and 3 by generous margins. Are the Zags this good or the teams we've play that bad? It's worth a look. Like tonight, Gu will beat Pepperdine by 30 to 40 pts. What does it mean to beat these WCC teams by so much? Nobody knows.......at least not Abe.

Comment

Working...
                X