PDA

View Full Version : Victor Rudd Lists Gonzaga in top 5

MississppiZag
01-20-2009, 11:34 AM
Per Rivals-

Findlay Prep had absolutely no problem in destroying Bedford High School by the score of 92-21. Obviously it wasn't much of a test for Findlay, and it was tough to get a good gauge on things, but Victor Rudd showed well for himself.

The talented post player finished above the rim and scored a game-high 17 points while pulling in 10 rebounds.

Victor Rudd mentioned a top five of Arizona, Gonzaga, UNLV, Marquette, and Providence.

CaliforniaZaggin'
01-20-2009, 01:24 PM
Here's some nice video of Rudd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT030MIlJNE

Olynyk or Rudd? I haven't seen any video of Olynyk, so I'll defer to those who may be able to give a more thoughtful opinion. FWIW, that youtube clip of Rudd is mighty impressive!!!

EDIT: Here's some more VR... WOW! Seems like Vegas' version of Elias Harris.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsuEttyqLzI&feature=channel

OZZag
01-20-2009, 01:33 PM
Rivals have Findlay at #1 School in their top 100, higher than Mater Dei and St. Benedicts. Besides Rudd they have Avery Bradley (Texas), D.J Richardson (Illinois) and a Canadian 2010 prospect Combo guard Cory Joseph, who had 8 points, 9 assists and 8 rebounds in the match. Joseph is currently a 3 star prospect, but my guess is by the start of next year he will be at least a 4. He already has offers from 8 schools including Georgetown, Marquette, Louisville and his brother Devoe's school, Minnesota.

BobZag
01-20-2009, 01:48 PM
Hicks says he dosn't think Rudd is "Zag type" of guy, to quote him. And he has some major academic work to do. But Hicks admits the kid is very talented.

We'll see what happens.

spotucky
01-20-2009, 01:50 PM
Wow!!! He has some ups. I loved the windmill jams. He's got some serious athleticism. Video shows he can hit from distance too.

spudzag
01-20-2009, 02:18 PM
I beleive that BZ mentioned in another thread that Olynyk may make his decision this week. Depending on Olynyk choice we may have the Rudd answer. If not it gets more interesting. The top 5 has not in recent history been our best spot, but I like who we are competing against this time. It looks like Rudd may be ready for D1.

MDABE80
01-20-2009, 09:07 PM
I know he looks nothing short of spectacular in these films but does anyone wonder about his fundamentals? Dribbles, feet, boards, speed, Ft's, etc. I wonder about the basics in our recruits. Anyone see the kids play ever?

MississppiZag
01-21-2009, 04:18 AM
He is the leading rebounder for his Findlay Prep team, ranked #1 in the country, and he can dribble really well for a PF. As you probably saw, he was driblbling end ot end then dunking on someone. His best asset is said to be his shot, but he relies on that ans strays around on the perimeter a little too much.

In a way he does not know his own strengths. Now in his senior year, reports say he is attacking the rim and trying to tighten up his post game.

BobZag
01-21-2009, 09:37 AM
I believe he'd more of a Wing/SF, a 3 if you will. Kind of like Downs is now. Dower is a PF.

CarolinaZagFan
01-21-2009, 11:41 AM
How about DEFENSE?? All these recruiting sites talk about and show in their videos is offense... I want a lockdown defender

MississppiZag
01-21-2009, 11:43 AM
Correct. He reminds me exactly of Downs. Both are extremely great athletes that can finish around the rim, but decide to play on the perimeter the majority of the time. Downs as continued to grow and improve in this area, as I believe Rudd will. Rudd is the better athlete, Downs is the better shooter.

MississppiZag
01-21-2009, 11:44 AM
Manny Arop is your guy, CarolinaZagFan. Two of his best attributes are rebounding and playing defense, both are a direct result of his 7'2'' wingspan.

CarolinaZagFan
01-21-2009, 07:44 PM
Manny Arop is your guy, CarolinaZagFan. Two of his best attributes are rebounding and playing defense, both are a direct result of his 7'2'' wingspan.

Yea, my gut feeling is that he's gonna be one of my favorite players.