PDA

View Full Version : Props to Ira!

Angelo Roncalli
01-20-2009, 11:59 AM
I watched the CD of the USF game yesterday.

Ira! had a very solid game against the Dons. His defense on Lowhorn was excellent and he did a good job of keeping Lowhorn off the boards.

Ira!'s line for the game: 2-2 from the field, 3-4 from the FT line, 4 offensive boards, 5 defensive boards in 16 minutes of play. 9 boards in 16 minutes? Great contribution off the bench.

77Zag
01-20-2009, 12:17 PM
IMO -- Ira is truly the most athletic physical player in Zags history

Can you think of someone else?

former1dog
01-20-2009, 12:22 PM
IMO -- Ira is truly the most athletic physical player in Zags history

Can you think of someone else?

Several, but obviously it is debatable.

Casey Calvary, Ronny Turiaf, Errol Knight and several others come immediately to mind as at least equally athletic and physical.

Ira is one hell of an athlete, though.

cjm720
01-20-2009, 12:56 PM
I'd like to see Batista and Ira! arm wrestle. Even money?

ZagManFan
01-20-2009, 02:32 PM
I think a Casey vs. Ira matchup would be better. Casey was a horse.

mgadfly
01-20-2009, 03:01 PM
I guess it depends on the definition of "athletic physical."

I think the most athletic players are Ira! and Knight.

I think the most physical player has been Batista.

The best energy guys: Spink or Turiaf.

Strongest? I don't know, but Ehlo and The Mouth were talking about how much Ira! benches earlier this season, and it was impressive.

Rangerzag
01-20-2009, 04:17 PM
When JP showed up in the paint for the Zags the refs in the WCC had to retrain. It took them awhile to figure out opposing players were running into him and bouncing off. He didn't have to add any pushing or shoving to have them bounce, it just looked like it. :) He got a lot of unfair fouls called against him till those refs figured out the reality of the situation!

Once and Future Zag
01-20-2009, 05:15 PM
I'd say Ira, Casey, and Errol are the top three, IMO.

Nobody came out of nowhere to swat shots like Errol did.

No other Zags have pulled down a backboard like Casey did.

Ira, I think is still pending his "signature" moment...

hondo46
01-20-2009, 07:17 PM
"Ira, I think is still pending his "signature" moment..."

Don't know if you were at the Santa Clara game but the Sport Center top play of the night dunk was right up there with the most impressive I have ever seen. I had a real good view and the video doesn't come close to showing the power behind that one.
My top 3 would be Josh at the Spokane Arena a couple of years ago in the preseason NIT, Anthony Reason just before half time at St. Mary's his senior year and Ira's blast last week.

ZagLawGrad
01-20-2009, 09:03 PM
I'm glad Ira is on this b-ball team. He is a beast.

But I can only imagine the havoc he could wreak on a football field playing linebacker or tight end.

Birddog
01-21-2009, 05:13 AM
But I can only imagine the havoc he could wreak on a football field playing linebacker or tight end.
What if he could skate a little?

UberZagFan
01-21-2009, 10:01 AM
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/3140/3ab4f83f9eb546b49dd1879tf5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)