• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DoggieDogpound
    Kennel Club Material
    • Feb 2007

Alternate Jerseys

I can't remember the Zags wearing them this year yet - there was speculation at the Old Spice about them - whether they were red, black, royal blue....? This week might be a good time to introduce them.
    Just wondering.
    "You can observe a lot just by watching"
    Yogi Berra
  • hockeyzag
    Bleeds GU Blue
    • Jul 2007

Dude! I was just thinking about that. I can't really think of a better time than now to throw on those black jerseys. With all due respect, I'm not too worried about Pepperdine or Loyola Marymont. And I don't want us to try them on for the first time against a team like USD, Saint Mary's, or Memphis.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

Comment

• Shanachie
      Kennel Club
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by DoggieDogpound View Post
      I can't remember the Zags wearing them this year yet - there was speculation at the Old Spice about them - whether they were red, black, royal blue....? This week might be a good time to introduce them.
      Just wondering.
      I'm probably in the minority here, but I think there is no good time for alternate jerseys. Just wear white at home and blue on the road.

Comment

• NotoriousZ
        Zag for Life
        • Oct 2008

I think I speak for 99.99% of us when I say NO MORE RED JERSEYS! Speaking of royal blue vs. red...
        It's peanut butter jelly time!

Comment

• Ziggy
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by NotoriousZ View Post
          I think I speak for 99.99% of us when I say NO MORE RED JERSEYS! Speaking of royal blue vs. red...
          It's not quite that clear cut...
          "Reaching into his bag and taking out a stone, he slung it and struck..."

Comment

• ZaggyZaggerson
            Bulldog Fan
            • Mar 2007

I've heard they are black alternate jerseys

I've heard they are black alternate jerseys.

Comment

• snebzag
              Kennel Club
              • Mar 2008

NO RED! Ever again. NO RED!

Comment

• 2011Zag
                Bulldog Fan
                • Nov 2007

Rumor has it that they will break out the black threads this week and they are going to the tight top/baggy short style (i.e. North Carolina, Texas, Ohio State.) Only a rumor though.

Comment

• zagsfan21
                  Kennel Club Material
                  • Feb 2007

I would be extremely disappointed if they go with black as an alternate. Black has been way overused by teams over the last few years, especially in college sports. Nevermind the fact that black is not a school color.

Also, if they go with the system of dress uniforms (tight top, baggy shorts), that will just be the cherry on top of the crap sundae. If it's true, I'd bet it was an idea proposed (or forced) by Nike to the Zags, not the other way around.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Rubbadub
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by 2011Zag View Post
                    Rumor has it that they will break out the black threads this week and they are going to the tight top/baggy short style (i.e. North Carolina, Texas, Ohio State.) Only a rumor though.
                    The rumor about busting out black unis has been spread before several games this year....just sayin.
                    sigpic Just Foo'in around.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                      • Feb 2007

I suspect that if we haven't seen them yet... we aren't seeing them at all. If I am going to push a "Jersey" I'd push it early so that people buy it during the season, like OSC or BiS early on Nat'l television. Certainly they'd have worn them before the holidays for Xmas sales. IMHO, if they were going to use these things that nobody has ever seen or ever sure if they exist then they'd have done it by now. Or... I could be talking out of my behind... who knows... wouldn't be the first time.

Oh, and for the love of the man upstairs.... NO RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by hockeyzag View Post
                        ... I can't really think of a better time than now to throw on those black jerseys..
                        See my post above... but before the holidays would make a heck of a lot more sense for Nike and the Zags.
                        "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• Once and Future Zag
                          Zag for Life
                          • Jan 2008

If we did a black jersey (with white/blue accents) I'd love to see it in the style of the ca. 1998 blues - one hand in tradition, and one in change.
                          History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board

Comment

• Rangerzag
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

I just don't see where it can be said too often: NO RED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
                            "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
                            I am monitoring the price of a donut

Comment

• UberZagFan
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Uber likes RED, in case you didn't notice.
                              If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

Comment

Working...
                              X