PDA

View Full Version : 3 Scheduling Positives

former1dog
01-19-2009, 10:22 AM
#1 - Gonzaga plays Memphis on a Saturday in Spokane with the Thursday game vs. Portland. Although Portland should play us tough, it shouldn't necessitate a new scouting report or necessarily a new game plan. At the very least, the team should be mentally fresh for the Memphis game. Physically, I think they should be ok with a boost from a raucous crowd at the arena and of course, it is ESPN Gameday!

#2 - St. Mary's at home will be on a Thursday. Full preparations and can be made for this very important game.

#3 - St. Mary's on the road also on a Thursday with a USF game to follow.

A couple of traps...

The first St. Mary's game is followed by USD at home. 2 tough opponents back to back.

The final conference game of the season is at USD. It could be a game of consequence for both teams and the USD crowd is likely to show up for this once. It may be our toughest game of the regular season.

BobZag
01-19-2009, 10:40 AM
Can't overlook Portland (for Mrmphis) at Portland. Must not do that.

Nevtelen
01-19-2009, 10:42 AM
Agreed - Portland has only lost 1 game at home this season, I believe. They play a lot better there - and we only beat them by 17 at K2. I do think the Zags will win, but overlooking them would be BAD.