PDA

View Full Version : Dower does it again

MississppiZag
01-18-2009, 12:07 PM
Dower scored 37 points against Wayzata, Saturday night, as the Orioles won their tenth straight game.

Sidenote: If any of the mods would be so kind to combine all of the threads I have started with Dower's stats and performances, that would be great. That way I could save the board from 30 "Dower scores..." threads. Just an idea.

dnj116
01-18-2009, 02:12 PM
no worries, i enjoy reading how well this kid is doing. Man, am I excited to see this kid in a Zags jersey!! Let's just sit back and enjoy the rest of this great season and know that we're reloading next year. WAY TO GO SAM!!!

BobZag
01-18-2009, 02:34 PM
Any rebounding numbers?

Go Sam!

ZagNative
01-18-2009, 02:42 PM
Per Twiin City Hoops blog (http://tchoops.blogspot.com/2009/01/dower-powers-osseo-over-wayzata.html):

For Osseo, they're on an 11 game win streak. Sam Dower was a monster with 37 points and 9 rebs on my sheet and I had something like 14-19 shooting.

BobZag
01-18-2009, 02:47 PM
Sweet. Love that FG%.

DZ
01-18-2009, 05:07 PM
That with those kind of numbers, and if he plays in the bigger schools, as I have heard, that he could make a contribution right now if needed. Wow, thanks for the info, and can't wait tilll I see him for the first time walking around McCarthy.

MississppiZag
01-18-2009, 07:11 PM
Oops forgot to post Sam's numbers in the Champlin Park game. Sam had 20 points and 10 rebounds, as they won their ninth game in a row. Also, Sam has had only one game where he was under 10 rebounds. So he is averaging 25.3 points and around 11-12 rebs(estimate, maybe more, maybe less rebs). All in all, Sam has had a very productive season averaging a double double.

mnzag24
01-18-2009, 07:46 PM
FYI

Wayzata is one of the biggest schools in Minnesota. They put out players such as, Marion Barber (Dallas Cowboys), and his brother, Dom Barber (houston Texans). they are no slouch

i realize both of those players are football, but the point is that they definetly have talent and routinely have guys go atleast DII and DIII. For Dower to do this against a school like Wayzata is no easy task

SpudDawg
01-18-2009, 09:36 PM
I have to say, the more I read about Sam, the more excited I am to see him next season. Can't wait to see him lighting it up from inside.

MDABE80
01-19-2009, 10:22 AM
Mnzag.......Sam's playing in a high end league? Sounds like he is quite the find if he is. I hate to think he's paying "B" type teams.

HillBillyZag
01-19-2009, 10:37 AM
I think he will be a good one, but I also know Few's loyalty to his upper classmen. He will have to get in line behind Sacre,Foster, & Poling and earn his playing time.

MDABE80
01-19-2009, 10:55 AM
He'll play if he has fire in his belly to go along with his glitzy statistics. He's big now and he'll be bigger in the future. If he has the fire, he'll do well. I hope he's putting up these numbers aainst stiff competition.

mnzag24
01-19-2009, 12:18 PM
Mnzag.......Sam's playing in a high end league? Sounds like he is quite the find if he is. I hate to think he's paying "B" type teams.

Yes, he plays in the biggest Class of schools in the State. There has been a lot of restructuring of the conferences so it's been a little difficult to follow. FWIW, Wayzata, the last team Sam beat, has 900+ students per class. It's massive.

MississppiZag
01-19-2009, 02:22 PM
Dower will not sit behind Foster. He would not come if that was the case. I see him getting around 10-15 minutes a game, depending on the circumstances.

BobZag
01-19-2009, 02:38 PM
Just one little word of caution, fellas. About 2002 or so, the Zags got what we all thought would be a terrific PF. He was 6'9" 220 or so. He played in SoCal and routinely scored 40+ points with lots of rebounds. In fact, he was so prolific a scorer he broke former UCLA great Don McLean's scoring record at Simi Valley High School.

But Dustin Villepigue never panned out, he just wasn't good enough, so he transfered to a Juco then played some for UNLV before the Rebels were very good.

Zag fans went gaga over Dustin during his senior year. Awesome stats.

Not saying Sam is another Dustin, no way, I believe GU's recruiting has climbed quite a bit since the early 2000's...

But just something to keep some perspective.

former1dog
01-19-2009, 02:54 PM
But just something to keep some perspective.

Guys are bigger, stronger and quicker in college than ANY high school league. Ya just never know. Tempered expectations are always a good idea.

sittingon50
01-19-2009, 02:55 PM
IIRC BZ the major thing that happened to Dustin was the late signing of another player at the PF position. A youngster by the name of Ronny Turiaf.

WallaWallaZag
01-19-2009, 05:20 PM
agree that expectations shouldn't go overboard, but i believe that dustin played in a lower division and didn't have the athleticism of sam dower. sam is a player developing while dustin probably peaked in high school, maybe similar to mallon.

montanazag88
01-19-2009, 07:41 PM
Great timing on these comments...Dower's numbers are posted so regularly, it appears he can outrun locomotives. Hope it is all true, love seeing the stats, but every player is a guess until he laces up enough times to post some meaninful stats. Here's to the best version of Dower!

MississppiZag
01-21-2009, 11:40 AM
Sam Dower scored 33 last night as Osseo defeated Anoka.