PDA

View Full Version : Still no Jesuit presense?

HillBillyZag
01-17-2009, 12:20 AM
I thought that it had been decided that there would once gain be a Priest on the bench again. What happened?

mendiant
01-17-2009, 12:52 AM
There's a guy there...

Sorry don't know the name, but he's there.

zagsdan86
01-17-2009, 08:38 AM
There's a guy there...

Sorry don't know the name, but he's there.

Craig Hightower

sittingon50
01-17-2009, 09:06 AM
Before the SCU game he walked across the court to each section of the Kennel Club, had them stand up, & gave a blessing. First time I've seen that.

bartruff1
01-17-2009, 09:51 AM
Than College Basketball...

LynetteG
01-17-2009, 09:54 AM
During halftime of the SCU game I saw him heading towards the locker room behind all the players.

gamagin
01-17-2009, 10:04 AM
Than College Basketball...

- Hey, it's right there: #5

(1) Continue "downsizing" Darfur
(2) attend the inaugural
(3) facilitate the bailout
(4) short oil
(5) get a Jesuit on the GU bench for Fewie

HillBillyZag
01-17-2009, 11:05 AM
And so many of you seem to discourage or demean any overt signs that identify it as such. I see Coach "K" making the sign of the cross before each game and he does'nst seem embarrassed or ashamed of it. And of course my post gained me another neg rep from a brave unknown critic. This forum is deteriorating at an alarming pace.

EngineerZag
01-17-2009, 12:44 PM
They'd have to get rid of the rap music and dance team first. :lmao:

ZagLawGrad
01-17-2009, 01:01 PM
And of course my post gained me another neg rep from a brave unknown critic. This forum is deteriorating at an alarming pace.

Does seems at times to be very little you can express on here without somebody getting bent out of shape. I don't have an opinion either way about a priest being on the bench, but I can't understand why someone would neg rep you for mentioning it. It is a private Jesuit university.

Akzag
01-17-2009, 01:06 PM
I'm glad he's there. Thank you to those that confirmed his presence. I have not seen it pointed out on any of the broadcasts although it had been previously reported elsewhere that a priest would be welcomed back to the bench this season.

Realistically, there are all kinds of fans on the board.

Some, are fans first of the School - and all that that entails - and then the Athletics.
Others, are fans of the Sport first.

The tradition of having a priest on the bench took a respectable hiatus after the passing of Father Tony. During that absence, more fans came on board and have never been brought aware of the tradition, or importance of a priest on the bench.

It's good to know that is being rectified.

bartruff1
01-17-2009, 01:22 PM
I have seen it referred to in here before ?? Why would it upset anyone ?? Just asking ...

Akzag
01-17-2009, 01:39 PM
I have seen it referred to in here before ?? Why would it upset anyone ?? Just asking ...

See the scale at the top right of the post? If you click on that, you can give either postitive or negative reputation to a user's post.

In this instance, someone apparently took offense at HBZ's reminder that Gonzaga is a Jesuit institution, and as such has had a priest on the bench in the past ... but has not had one for the past several seasons.

The "neg-repper" also did not sign or otherwise identify who they were. It's okay ... we have ways of identifying them.

bartruff1
01-17-2009, 01:56 PM
But I still dont know what that means....I see I have something like 3 million but what does that mean ?? At some point will I get a spanking...I kinda like that kind of stuff...

Akzag
01-17-2009, 02:08 PM
But I still dont know what that means....I see I have something like 3 million but what does that mean ?? At some point will I get a spanking...I kinda like that kind of stuff...

Check here for Rep Rules (http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?t=8290). This thread is approaching OCC territory (that's the Online Crosby Center Forum - for other topics).

Suffice it to say, that the big boys are approaching +300 million in rep. One neg rep from one of them would turn all of your green boxes red.

HillBillyZag
01-17-2009, 02:16 PM
I just think that if you feel that if one agrees or disagrees with a particular comment enough to comment on it to that individual, you should identify yourself. Most of us usually do so.

bartruff1
01-17-2009, 02:17 PM
I understand...it's irrelevant...and no one should be upset...You really can't see Russia from there, can you ??....bye...