Austin ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin ???

Unstoppable.....might turn out to be the best player ever to play at Gonzaga .. already the most talented... ??
  • Just A Zag
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Feb 2008

is this a question or a statement??
    D.F.T.B.A

Comment

• Baldwinzag
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Austin is a tremendous talent and is considered a special player for the Zags, yet he has a long way to go to be considered the best Zag ever or even the best player on this year's team.
      “You’ve got to hit the Zag standard.”

And if it happens, those rites of Autumn become the rites of Spring.

Comment

• gamagin
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

AD was firing on all cylinders

tonight. But otoh, he was not seriously challenged. He took advantage of the break and had fun, imo.

It was fun to watch him, too, just going with the flow and playing like a master of the game.

Go Zags !
        Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
        Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
        Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• snebzag
          Kennel Club
          • Mar 2008

Early fouls put him on the pine. Big lead put him back on the court. Great talent. Still has a lot to learn...Skills, Mental, Physical... All developing. He is very good this year. Next year even better. Hope he doesnt jump early. Needs more time.

The team is like surround sound. Bouldin, Grey, Heytvelt, Downs, Pargo, Daye...All score, all pass, all attempt to rebound....

Daye as best Zag ever. Lets hope he stays in school to be just that.

Best Zag ever. Adam. 3 years. Local kid. Crunch time. Emotion. PPG.

Comment

• CDC84
            Super Moderator
            • Feb 2007

I like how Austin is wearing a mouthpiece now. He's prepared to do battle underneath.

Comment

• gbnyba17
              Kennel Club Material
              • Jan 2008

Mouthpieces

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
              I like how Austin is wearing a mouthpiece now. He's prepared to do battle underneath.
              All the bigs were wearing them tonight, but Josh took his out a couple mintues into the game. Im assuming it was to help if they caught one of Big John's flying elbows.

Comment

• zagnut52
                Bulldog Fan
                • Dec 2008

I see Austins' potential as, like he himself, HUGE. He is "growing" into his role nicely IMO.

Comment

• Just_An_Old_Zag
                  Kennel Club
                  • Mar 2007

Due to his proclivity to pick up early fouls, perhaps he should be our 6th man and Micah should be put back into the starting line-up?

As for his readiness to join the Association, that truly is a league of extraordinary gentlemen and I don't see him ready to man up there.

Hopefully those he listens to are telling him this. Again (hopefully) if he and his family are not in dire financial straits he will return to school to grow his skills, his body and his maturity into force to be reckoned with at this and the next level.

Again, IMHO.

Comment

It's a question...

Originally posted by Just A Zag View Post
                    is this a question or a statement??
                    Those little squiggly marks at the end...those are called Question Marks. I 'm not in any position to make a statement, I have only been a fan since 1957.

Comment

• former1dog
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

I'm very much enjoying Austin's play the last couple of games.

More than anything he is playing hard, which is most evident in his rebounding stats. He has a nose for the ball and is extremely coordinated. All that he needs to be a good rebounder is desire and that seems to be whats hes bringing.

Comment

• titopoet
                        Zag for Life
                        • Apr 2008

Stockton

He certainly can move into the one of the greatest category, though he would have to have a Hall of fame NBA career to match the man, John Stockton. Not only the greatest zag so far, but one of the Games all time greats.
                        ----
                        Why not try Love Poems. They work to prime the pump.

Comment

• CDC84
                          Super Moderator
                          • Feb 2007

Tommy Lloyd mentioned on radio last night that the staff needs to rethink how they handle Daye and his propensity to pick up cheap fouls early on in games. One idea he mentioned was to take him out right away if he picks up an early one. The staff can put Micah in right away. When he collects 2 quickies, he has to sit for long periods of time, which isn't good for his offensive game or Gonzaga overall.

I think it is important to point out - and there are no two better examples of this than Stockton and Morrison - that there is a difference between:

1) Being the "best player ever" while AT Gonzaga
                          2) Being the "best player ever" based on NBA performance
                          3) Being the "best player ever" based on a combination of college and NBA performance.

Stockton clearly has 2 and 3 locked up, but I can think of several Zags that were better than him in college. When Stockton was a sophomore at Gonzaga, it was hard to think of him as even being a player who could play in the NBA.

FWIW - I agree with Mal. If Daye came from a poor family and had real financial incentives to bail early, I could understand him going. But he has no such incentives. I think Daye is the kind of player whose stock is going to rise each year he's at Gonzaga, regardless of who is around him in a particular draft year. His upside is that high. He's just going to get better and better each year, and I don't think you can say that about every prospect. Many guys need to bail when their stock is the highest, even if it would benefit them to stay in college another year.

Comment

• former1dog
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
                            Tommy Lloyd mentioned on radio last night that the staff needs to rethink how they handle Daye and his propensity to pick up cheap fouls early on in games.
                            How about coach him to become more savvy and not pick up ticky tack fouls?

Comment

• zaguarxj
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by former1dog View Post
                              How about coach him to become more savvy and not pick up ticky tack fouls?
                              I rewound and watched that 2nd foul about 4 times. It was completely bogus. He was literally just standing there. Didn't bump anyone. Didn't swipe at the ball. It had absolutely nothing to do with how savvy or not he is.

Comment

Working...
                              X