PDA

View Full Version : I've often heard it said

Reborn
01-14-2009, 10:22 PM
that there is a ten point advantage playing at home. Do you think there is still an advantage playing in K2? I remember the day when the Kennel Club and the students at the game were a frequent topic here on the Board (the old Board). I remember how important they were. There seemed to be a genuine pride in being a member of that club, and I often thought that they had a big part in the history and the story of The Zags success. In a way that they could really impact games.

I wonder if that same thing exists today. I only watch the games on television, but K2 seems dead this year. The games we've had there just seem dead. The noise level is so low it almost feels eerie to me. What has happened to the Kennel Club? Have they lost their passion? Have they lost THEIR fire? I watch game after game on tv and see all the wild student bodies and think, "We used to be like that?" The Portland game, our first conference game, felt to me like it was really dead there in the gym. And what about the thousands of fans who are not students? Are they sitting on their hands? Why so little noise?

I am looking for some first hand accounts of what is going on with the fans at the games, both students and the adults. I remember when students actually posted here frequently. Where are they now? My main question is, WILL WE STILL HAVE A TEN POINT ADVANTAGE TOMORROW BECAUSE WE PLAY IN K2?

If we do, then why is there so much hesitency about this team being able to beat a team like Santa Clara by a double digit score? I'm wondering if the fans are really beginning to lose their passion for the Zags? Is the negativity and divisiveness that is felt here on this Board a sign that Zagdom too is now in turmoil? Where is the fire? Has it gone out?

theirishzag03
01-14-2009, 10:33 PM
We have hardly had any games at home this year! The crowds were insane for Midnight Madness! About as noisy as you could be for MS-Billings and Idaho. Then it was off to Orlando-and then the students were off, not all were back for Portland. Both games I went to Texas Southern and PSU the students were gone, so a much different crowd.

I think 2morrow the crowd returns in a big way and we do win big! Statement game, for the Zags and the crowd (for you) :)

Angelo Roncalli
01-14-2009, 10:33 PM
that there is a ten point advantage playing at home. Do you think there is still an advantage playing in K2? I remember the day when the Kennel Club and the students at the game were a frequent topic here on the Board (the old Board). I remember how important they were. There seemed to be a genuine pride in being a member of that club, and I often thought that they had a big part in the history and the story of The Zags success. In a way that they could really impact games.

I wonder if that same thing exists today. I only watch the games on television, but K2 seems dead this year. The games we've had there just seem dead. The noise level is so low if almost feels eerie to me. What has happened to the Kennel Club? Have they lost their passion? Have they lost THEIR fire? I watch game after game on tv and see all the wild student bodies and think, "We used to be like that?" The Portland game, our first conference game, felt to me like it was really dead there in the gym.

I am looking for some first hand accounts of what is going on with the students and the Kennel Club. I remember when they actually posted here frequently. Where are they now? My main question is, WILL WE STILL HAVE A TEN POINT ADVANTAGE TOMORROW BECAUSE WE PLAY IN K2?

If we do, then why is there so much hesitency about this team being able to beat a team like Santa Clara by a double digit score? I'm wondering if the fans are really beginning to lose their passion for the Zags?

School wasn't in session for the Portland game...the members of the Kennel Club who were there (and the cheerleaders) game back early for the game. 80% of the seats normally allocated to the students/Kennel Club were sold to Bulldog Club members.

Classes started yesterday for most GU students. I think you'll see a different environment Thursday and Saturday.

NotoriousZ
01-15-2009, 11:17 AM
Yep, the students are back and hizzouse will be rockin' fo sho! Apologies for the outdated street lingo...I'm pumped for tonight!

Go Zags

Reborn
01-15-2009, 12:20 PM
Great news guys. Thanks. It's really good to know that Zagdom is alive and well, and that K2 will be rockin tonight. This gets me even more pumped up as I wait (until 10:00 tonight).