PDA

View Full Version : I Have Been Gone...Question

Mr Vulture
01-14-2009, 10:09 AM
I have been avoiding this website for a few weeks as the emotional posts on the coaching staff and players was a bit much to read over and over. I decided to come back on and see if there was any information on recruits and noticed the updated recruiting list...hence my question?

Who is the Harris kid that is showing committed. I have never read this name or heard of him. Also, where can I find out any information on him. I know that the site was reconfigured and it's been hard to find what I am used to looking for on here anymore. Your help would be appreciated.

Also, I noticed we are still showing Bol Kong on the commitment list...is he here or not. I read on Sportsline a few months ago that things had been figured out but haven't heard anything since. I guess I must be out of the loop bigtime now.

Thanks for your help!

BobZag
01-14-2009, 10:21 AM
Elias Harris is a German kid the staff really likes. A combo forward. The news you read on Kong still holds true.

Mr Vulture
01-14-2009, 10:23 AM
I found the thread about Elias Harris and sounds like a talented guy. I am really surprised I hadn't heard about him before...I'm usually on top of this stuff. I guess I better not stay away next time...ha ha!

So does that mean that Bol Kong is good to go now?

BobZag
01-14-2009, 10:28 AM
Confidence is high about Kong, yes.

quadcityzag
01-14-2009, 10:33 AM
What is the latest on big Rob? When and if is he going to be ready to go? We need him bad as a rebounding force.

BobZag
01-14-2009, 10:48 AM
Nobody really knows about Rob. They are letting it heal naturally. My gut feeling is, we won't see him in action till next November. I hope I'm wrong.

LongIslandZagFan
01-14-2009, 11:17 AM
Confidence is high about Kong, yes.

Wish I had your confidence on this one, but I don't.

theirishzag03
01-14-2009, 11:50 AM
Yesterday their was a post about "Zags World Wide" There is a nice link to a video that show Elias playing in Germany.

Also, I believe Sacre is going to be shut down at least until the final week of WCC play. I think they will evaluate him then and if all is good, maybe get him some limited PT the last 2 regular season games and some in the WCC tourney in hopes he can contribute in the NCAA. I base this on Few not burning up Andy's RS. On the flip, Few has been bringing Will into the mix, but that still coincides with not burning Andy's RS. Also we seemed to be a much better team with Robert and I think all hope he will be back this year.

PregoPargo
01-14-2009, 01:41 PM
I haven't heard a lick about Bol Kong. I'm under the impression that its over. Can any say with true confidence that the staff is still working on a visa for the kid. If you don't know please don't speculate. It would be nice to see written proof from a reliable source. If we managed to get him I think I would quit my job and move back to Spokane.:allhail:

BobZag
01-14-2009, 02:13 PM
Not over, not by a longshot.

The housing market is very affordable in Spokane these days. ;)

RenoZag
01-14-2009, 10:01 PM
Not over, not by a longshot.

The housing market is very affordable in Spokane these days. ;)

The housing market is affordable every where. . .

Not a good time to be in a business linked to construction starts. . .

Hextall7388
01-17-2009, 08:59 AM
Yesterday their was a post about "Zags World Wide" There is a nice link to a video that show Elias playing in Germany.

Also, I believe Sacre is going to be shut down at least until the final week of WCC play. I think they will evaluate him then and if all is good, maybe get him some limited PT the last 2 regular season games and some in the WCC tourney in hopes he can contribute in the NCAA. I base this on Few not burning up Andy's RS. On the flip, Few has been bringing Will into the mix, but that still coincides with not burning Andy's RS. Also we seemed to be a much better team with Robert and I think all hope he will be back this year.

I'm wondering what the rules are related to Rob being eligible for a medical redshirt this year. I seem to recall reading a thread where a poster indicated that a player is eligible if, because of an injury, he plays in less than 30% of his team's games. Is that correct? If he is healthy for March and Few dresses him, but would lose his medical redshirt? What a big decision that would be for the staff.