• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FuManShoes
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Ammo's reward ...

for bringing needed energy to the SF position last game? 3:33 of PT tonight against the Pistons. Those of you who keep saying Larry Brown has a method to his madness, please explain!

“We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few
  • asoc
    Kennel Club Alum
    • Jul 2007

I want Adam to get as much playing time as possible.

However his +/- for his time in the game was -5 and he only had one field goal attempt that he missed. That might have explained why he didn't get much time.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by asoc View Post

However his +/- for his time in the game was -5 and he only had one field goal attempt that he missed. That might have explained why he didn't get much time.
      It is hard to get any real kind of +/- when you are barely on the court.
      "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• Once and Future Zag
        Zag for Life
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by asoc View Post

That sample size is far to small for the data gathered to be significant.

Heck, +/- over a single game is too small a sample size to be accurate.
        History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board

Comment

• Zagpower
          Bleeds GU Blue
          • Feb 2007

Last night, the rotation was working pretty well if they beat the Pistons on the road. Not an LB fan at all, but i think he just went with what was working.

Comment

• former1dog
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zagpower View Post
            Last night, the rotation was working pretty well if they beat the Pistons on the road. Not an LB fan at all, but i think he just went with what was working.
            I want AMMO to be an NBA star as much as anyone, but I have to agree with Zagpower on this one.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
              • Feb 2007

That is a more plausible reason. Larry is most assuredly an if it ain't broke don't fix it kind of guy.
              "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• FuManShoes
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Makes sense, but I also wonder how Ammo is ever supposed to gain confidence or get in a groove if he plays solid minutes in one game, gains praise, and then rides the pine the next game. This is why I don't think he works in Charlotte. The team has such a narrow margin for error that lineups change from night to night, giving a rhythm guy no chance to establish a rhythm. Sure, it's on Ammo to play well no matter the situation or how many minutes he's on the floor, but 20 minutes one night and 3 minutes the next has to wear on a guy, especially when they thought they were back on track.
                Last edited by FuManShoes; 01-14-2009, 11:43 AM.
                “We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few

Comment

Working...
                X