• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • volfanatic86
    Redshirt
    • Nov 2008

Cheer for my Vols tonight?

Hi, Zags. Tn plays Kentucky tonight in Knoxville....I don't know if you guys have ever played them, if you have'nt, lucky you. I don't care for them at all. They're one of those teams that seem to feel they don't need to earn anything, that it is assumed they should win a game and ect. because they are Kentucky. Don't misunderstand, they have an excellent history...but they have'nt really been a big factor in the SEC since Pearl came to TN anyway. I apologize for this disorganized rant, I just want my Vols to win really bad. For any Gonzaga fans that don't know, I have'nt lost my way, I'm a hybrid lol...I love Tn/Gonzaga. So if you guys watch the game, cheer us on. I'll be cheering u on Thursday. Good luck and thank you all for being so nice to me. I hate to say this, but you guys are so much kinder than the Vols site I've been a paying member of for years. I appreciate you all.
  • malmer7
    Kennel Club
    • Jan 2008

i don't think the vols have anything to worry about - they'll take it to kentucky and really start rolling now that they start SEC play, the conference seems to be way down this year... i'm sure most or all zag fans will be rooting for the vols tonight and the rest of the season, bump that RPI a little!

Comment

• zagette
      Redshirt
      • Feb 2008

Definitely, Volfanatic! RPIs aside, I hope your Vols cut a wide swath through the SEC.

Comment

• Nevtelen
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

With the style UK plays under Gillespie, it seems like this would be a real 'gut-check' kind of win for the Vols, something they could probably use about now. Best of luck to them! I'll certainly be cheering them on!

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
          • Feb 2007

All I can say is Go Vols!!!

I can't stand Kentucky and their elitist fans. A pox upon their house!!!
          "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• Zagdawg
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

I'll be cheering for the Vol's also-- the rest of the year unless we see them in the tourney.

Comment

• DZ
              Zag for Life
              • Sep 2007

Go Vols

I am cheering for the Vols, I am hoping they take it to UK, but not too bad, would like that St. Mary's ticket, so 78-74, Vols. Go big orange.
              Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
              Mark Twain.

Comment

• NotoriousZ
                Zag for Life
                • Oct 2008

I missed the ticket contest by two minutes...probably couldn't have gone to the game anyway, but my prediction is Tennessee 56, Kentucky 48. I'll also be rooting for your Vols the rest of the season, until tourney time of course.

It's amazing how bad Kentucky has gotten this past decade, makes you wonder if Arizona will face the same fate...
                It's peanut butter jelly time!

Comment

• johnwzag
                  Zag for Life
                  • Mar 2008

Go Vols!!!!!!!!!
                  When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep - not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

• theirishzag03
                    Kennel Club
                    • Jan 2009

Go Vols

Selfishly I will be rooting for a Vols 78-69 victory!

From a "good for the Zags" standpoint I will be cheering for the Vols as well!
                    2 wins vs. an SEC divisional winner looks good on a tourney resume.

Plus, I love Bruce Pearl-he has got to have the most passion and enthusiasm of all the college coaches-wears it on his sweaty sleeves Any guy that dresses up like he did, or goes shirtless and paints himself orange gets some pride points from me. Kids love playing for him and he is more than a coach to Tyler Smith! Liked Bruce before I saw the Tyler Smith story, but that gave me a whole different level of admiration!

Good Luck! Here is to Wayne Chism giving Pat Patterson a facial

"Life is GRAND....Divorce about 100 Grand!!!"
                    "Shin= A device for finding furniture" Woody Paige

Comment

• gamagin
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

hre's rooting for you, volfan

Originally posted by volfanatic86 View Post
                      Hi, Zags. Tn plays Kentucky tonight in Knoxville....I don't know if you guys have ever played them, if you have'nt, lucky you. I don't care for them at all. They're one of those teams that seem to feel they don't need to earn anything, that it is assumed they should win a game and ect. because they are Kentucky. Don't misunderstand, they have an excellent history...but they have'nt really been a big factor in the SEC since Pearl came to TN anyway. I apologize for this disorganized rant, I just want my Vols to win really bad. For any Gonzaga fans that don't know, I have'nt lost my way, I'm a hybrid lol...I love Tn/Gonzaga. So if you guys watch the game, cheer us on. I'll be cheering u on Thursday. Good luck and thank you all for being so nice to me. I hate to say this, but you guys are so much kinder than the Vols site I've been a paying member of for years. I appreciate you all.
                      go vols !
                      Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
                      Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
                      Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• Reborn
                        Zag for Life
                        • Oct 2007

All the way Volfan. You guys win by 15 tonight. It will be a good game but you pull away in the end. You had that nice win at Georgia so your confidence should be restored. You know Kentucky is tough, but still too young. They are also not as good on the road.
                        Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• titopoet
                          Zag for Life
                          • Apr 2008

Vols

Go Vols. It is only good for GU for Vols to dominate the SEC and win it without a loss, and I think Tenn is up for the task.
                          ----
                          Why not try Love Poems. They work to prime the pump.

Comment

• UberZagFan
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Uber will be rooting for the Vols all the way! He just has a hard time jumping on board with that orange.

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
                            All I can say is Go Vols!!!

I can't stand Kentucky and their elitist fans. A pox upon their house!!!
                            Really LIZF? Even this "elitist" fan?

If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

Comment

• ToreroStudent
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2008

From my experience, Kentucky sucks at home. You guys are golden.
                              Torerograd '10

Comment

Working...
                              X