PDA

View Full Version : GU vs Santa Clara not on live in Seattle?

heavyzag
01-11-2009, 10:03 AM
It looks like they are choosing to air WSU vs Oregon State live and air the Zags at 10pm. That is weak.

6 p.m. Men, Washington St. at Oregon St. FSN

8 p.m. Men, Arizona at UCLA FSN

8 p.m. Men, San Francisco at Portland CSN

10 p.m.* Men, Santa Clara at Gonzaga

help any ideas?

UberZagFan
01-11-2009, 10:23 AM
That's going to be something we see more often again now that GU is back on the Th-Sat schedule. FSN sees two "northwest schools" in the WSU-OSU game and thinks that is a better play than GU-SCU for viewers. Add that to the missed first half of UP and just be thankful we have 10 more years of that.

Shanachie
01-11-2009, 10:25 AM
Just a guess, but is it that the Pac-10 contract with FSN takes precedence over the GU contract?

zagirl2k
01-11-2009, 10:43 AM
I'm assuming there isn't an alternative channel that they bump things to up there? In the Bay Area, there is a second Comcast Sportsnet Bay Area channel (used to the Fox Sports Bay Area) that they use when there are conflicts, but it probably happens a lot more down here with Giants/A's and Warriors/Sharks both being in the same seasons and competing for air time.

I just looked down here since Santa Clara is involved and it looks like there is a Sharks game on so I'm not sure if it will be on live down here or not.

Should be interesting to hear this week if there will be any live options outside of Spokane.

Unfortunately we can't even go to the games down here any more because they are not selling any single game tickets for the GU game, the only way to get them is to buy season tickets or second hand from someone who did and is trying to make some money off of them. :mad: Hopefully tv options will be better when they are down here.

Zagineer
01-11-2009, 11:35 AM
It looks like they are choosing to air WSU vs Oregon State live and air the Zags at 10pm. That is weak.

6 p.m. Men, Washington St. at Oregon St. FSN
8 p.m. Men, Arizona at UCLA FSN
8 p.m. Men, San Francisco at Portland CSN
10 p.m.* Men, Santa Clara at Gonzaga

help any ideas?

heavyzag, you missed one game.

7 p.m. Women, Gonzaga at Santa Clara, CBS College Sports

Our Lady Zags don't get a lot of TV coverage, but here is an excellent opportunity to watch them play.

GO LADY ZAGS! :clap:

S.U. Chieftain
01-11-2009, 12:02 PM
I have Dish Network here in Seattle and it appears to have just one FSN - the Northwest edition on channel 426. Someone yesterday mentioned that there were alternate FSN editions from other areas of the country that you can subscribe to on Dish (channel 428 for example?). What package did you sign up for to get this, as I don't see that option on my list of channels.

zagirl2k
01-11-2009, 12:36 PM
the extra Fox Sports channels are usually part of a sports pack from most satellite providers and AT&T U-verse has it too. I'm not sure what other providers offer it. I think the cost varies but it is usually another $5-10 a month. It really helps out us out of towners who don't get many games. Most games used to be available on the Fox College channels (which just pull games from all their networks) but somehow the GU/WCC tv deal doesn't allow it anymore.

Plus you can to watch random coaches shows and games from all around the country and commercials. El Voce would have loved all the Pirate commercials and if I ever need a personal injury lawyer in the Pittsburgh area, I now know who to call.

Nevtelen
01-11-2009, 12:49 PM
I have Dish Network here in Seattle and it appears to have just one FSN - the Northwest edition on channel 426. Someone yesterday mentioned that there were alternate FSN editions from other areas of the country that you can subscribe to on Dish (channel 428 for example?). What package did you sign up for to get this, as I don't see that option on my list of channels.

I have Dish and am in the Seattle area. You need to subscribe to the sports pack - it's $6/mo. You get a bunch of alternate FSN channels as well as Big 10 and some other channels (NBA TV, I think, too).

kitzbuel
01-11-2009, 02:09 PM
SU, just call the number that is on the Dish Network homepage and get an agent and tell them you want to get the regional sports network package. They will know what you are taking about. As Nevtelen says, about 5.95 a month. IMO, I made that up when I could watch the whole Zags-Portland game on the Fox Pitt channel and didn't get stuck with 3 UW OTs.

Ole Roy
01-11-2009, 03:09 PM
Most of the time, if the zags game gets walked on, on 426 you can find it on 442. On dish

77Zag
01-11-2009, 03:42 PM
Any ideas for Direct TV folks -- right now it's not showing until later:mad:

CDC84
01-11-2009, 10:13 PM
As far as Direct TV is concerned, the Santa Clara game on Thursday and the game next week at Pepperdine are the only 2 games on the sked that appear to not have live TV coverage.

S.U. Chieftain
01-11-2009, 10:17 PM
Thanks, Nevtelen and kitzbuel, I'll get the Dish sports package.

UberZagFan
01-12-2009, 12:06 AM
Just a guess, but is it that the Pac-10 contract with FSN takes precedence over the GU contract?

Maybe so. Or just that FSN believes that the Pac-10 game in question will draw bigger ratings in the NW than the GU-SCU game. Considering that the Pac-10 plays on Thurs usually as well this can't be the only conflict all year but there's only two games right now being delayed.

Does anyone know if there are any satellite live options?