PDA

View Full Version : Play of the game

Reborn
01-11-2009, 06:57 AM
What was your favorite play in last night's Gonzaga vs Portland game?

Mine was when Steven drove into the lane toward the basket, reversed his dribble and drew a double team in the middle of the key and delivered a beautiful underhand dish to Josh for a dunk. I love passing like that. Passing is a lost art and Maybe Gonzaga is resurrecting it because we had some beautiful passes in the last two games.

jazzdelmar
01-11-2009, 08:11 AM
Gray hit a 3 ptr at the outset of the 2nd half...BIG

adoptedzag
01-11-2009, 09:20 AM
When Pargo made the free throw in the 2nd half and was like "YEAH!" and raised his fists. You can really see his confidence finally starting to come back.

Reborn
01-11-2009, 09:23 AM
Ya! Pargo 4-4 from the line, and the Zags 17-20 around 85%. Now that's what I'm talkin about, man.

ZagMan in Philly
01-11-2009, 10:47 AM
Boudin had a least two crossed over dribbles, left the defender defenseless, and then drove to the basket for layups. He got some skills.

ZagNative
01-11-2009, 11:01 AM
Boudin had a least two crossed over dribbles, left the defender defenseless, and then drove to the basket for layups. He got some skills.;)

Thanks for the thread, Reborn!

I know you like pics, Reborn, so this one's for you! I know it's been a few years since you suited up as a Zag, but I trust you've been working out ever since, to maintain your Heytvelt-esque physique! (Mr. H., struggling with Portland's Luke Sikma:

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff232/ZagNative/Zags/Heytvelt/2009-01-10JoshHeytveltPortlandatK22.jpg

That photo of Josh reminded me of another image from the past ... Now, what the heck was it? Oh! I remember now! Not sure whether this image will escape the John Ashcroft Spirit of Justice drapers in the Justice Department's great hall, but it can't be helped ...

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff232/ZagNative/Zags/Heytvelt/Sisyphus-Lmedium.jpg

Sisyphus ... In Greek mythology, a king punished in Tartarus by being cursed to roll a huge boulder up a hill, only to watch it roll down again, and to repeat this throughout eternity.

Today, Sisyphean can be used as an adjective meaning that an activity is unending and/or repetitive. It could also be used to refer to tasks that are pointless and unrewarding.As in trying to please some GU fans who daily post their endless "friendly critiques" on guboards ....

Reborn
01-11-2009, 12:37 PM
Yes those two back to back drives by Bouldin were def in the mix. Nice hesitation move and then go. Matt looked incredibly fast last night. Has he slimmed down?

Reborn
01-11-2009, 12:46 PM
Zag Native, you are right about my desire for pictures to go with words. I was actually thinking that as I was reading this thread, and when I first read yours I didn't see any pics and I thought to myself. "Geeze!!! I hope Zag Native posts some pics for this thread....Thanks...The road from one's youth to one's matured age is definitelly a long one, with many surprises. One's physique unfortunately does change. I no longer resemble a GreeK God, but rather look a little more like "Buddah." :D :D

jim77
01-11-2009, 08:51 PM
Ya! Pargo 4-4 from the line, and the Zags 17-20 around 85%. Now that's what I'm talkin about, man.

Agreed.

Good to see our point dropping them in. He's gonna get a BUNCH more attempts between now and the end...keep draining them jp!