PDA

View Full Version : Announcers

BSUZagVike
03-16-2007, 05:43 AM
Maybe this was already talked about but I couldn't find it. This had to be one of the worst announced games I have ever witnessed. Right from the get go I knew it was going to bad. On the Zags first defensive series, one of them said "the Zags are in their staple man-to-man defense, you will rarely ever see Gonzaga play zone." Did this guy do any research at all? What an idiot. They couldn't tell Raivio and Pargo apart (I know it's tough). They even referred to us as "Gonzahga". I haven't heard that mispronunciation for years.

Birddog
03-16-2007, 06:19 AM
James Brown called us the Eagles again too, but corrected himself. I especially didn't appreciate their apparent delight when they were bantering about the motor running and it was on the Gonzaga bus. I could handle the comment, just not the way they were chuckling about it. I think Elmore might be a closet Zag hater.

Birddog

TuckC
03-16-2007, 06:29 AM
Deal with it. Gonzaga was terrible. 5-036 you'd think they'd want to get out of that gym as soon as possible.

TrueLiz
03-16-2007, 11:30 AM
I was rather frustrated as soon as I heard James Brown say Gonzahga. 9 straight years in the tourney should be enough to learn how to say a school's name.