• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TR11Zag
    Kennel Club Material
    • Feb 2007

UW vs. Gonzaga

Just heard Mitch in the Morning interview AD at UW, Scott Woodward.

He said that:
    "he doesnt know what happened in the past to end the series."
    "Coach Romar and I have had numerous discussions about renewing the series. We have not spoken to Gonzaga."

When pressed about how soon they could get the series going again, he said: "We haven't talked to Gonzaga, but we'd expect it to be on our terms and I assume they'd expect it to be on their terms."

No Way...

Screw the Huskies....don't give them the time of day....what a bunch of jerks...them and their fans...except for Brockman of course.

Comment

• MedZag
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by TR11Zag View Post
      When pressed about how soon they could get the series going again, he said: "We haven't talked to Gonzaga, but we'd expect it to be on our terms and I assume they'd expect it to be on their terms."
      Wouldn't a home-and-home essentially be on both teams terms?

The hubris of their AD gets me sometimes
      Training Grounds: Rambling Thoughts of a Surgical Resident
      You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions. -Siddhartha Gautama

Comment

• ZaginLaw
        Kennel Club Material
        • Feb 2007

UW "Terms"

There's the rub. GU's "terms" = the old terms (home and home). UW (new) terms = something else, far, far away from K2.

After losing to Univ. of Ptown at Chiles this year, I'm sure UW's terms changed definitions to mean 'home and home' really means 'our home and our home'.

Comment

• TacomaZAG
          Zag for Life
          • Mar 2007

Unless it's K2 and Hec-Ed

rotation, tell them to "stick it". They haven't talked to Gonzaga because they already know how the conversation will go............

Go ZAGS

Comment

• vandalzag
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

It is fascinating how a team that missed the tourney 2 years running (and will need a top 3 finish in the P10 to make it this year) would think that they have terms to dictate to any team considered within the top 40 in the country. It must be something in the water that breeds such arrogance.

Comment

• former1dog
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

I wouldn't be opposed to playing them in Key and in the Spokane Arena.... the game is a big deal for the state and fan participation should be maximized.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                • Feb 2007

I have a great idea. If, and IMHO it is a big if, they come groveling back to us to renew the series we should lay down the terms of, one game in K2 return game in Key Arena, return game after that, back at K2, game after that Key Arena. Also, Key Arena games should have 1/2 the tix allocated to the Zags.

Seems quite fair if you ask me.
                "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• cjm720
                  Zag for Life
                  • Nov 2007

Does anyone know why Mitch in the Morning has so much disdain for Coach Few? He really doesn't like him and it's obvious everytime Gonzaga is mentioned.

I like Former's idea...but maybe add a true home and home and make it a 4 game contract.

GO ZAGS!!!
                  Go Zags!!!

Comment

• heavyzag
                    Kennel Club Material
                    • Mar 2007

I believe coach Few doesn't care to be on Mitch's show. I also believe Sandmeyer dislikes the Zags way more then Mitch

Comment

• xjzico
                      Professional Zag Fan
                      • Feb 2007

You mean how he constantly refers to Few as the "The Weasel"? Don't know, he's never elaborated, and no one has asked him. Maybe Few wouldn't give him an interview? The odd thing is Mitch still bags on Few even after he toured the Gonzaga facilities when KJR began broadcasting in Spokane and he met Mrs. Few. IMO it takes quite a lot of nerve to bag on somebody, then go meet and play nice with said persons wife, then after doing so, continue to bag on them. I think in this instance, the only weasel in Mitch.

I'm still waiting for Mitch to own up to his smack and set a date with Evening Magazine's John Curley, one of Mitch's favorite targets until Curley called him out, for a throw down.

Sandmeyer is a failed LMU baseball player who lives vicariously through UW. Which is fine, except he's pretty smug about it...
                      We lost, we won; either way we had fun. - Eduardo Galeano

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Why would we want to harm our RPI by playing UW? Doesn't make any sense. Let's face it, for there to be a rivalry, it has to be competitive. Zags won nine out of the last ten. What rivalry?

Or as BB King would say, "the thrill is gone."

Comment

I lived in Seattle...

About 99% of those people think that it is the Center of the Universe and that Eastern Washington is a backward redneck wasteland where nothing of any value or of real importance occurs. The Cascade Curtain is real. They are also the most fair weather fans I have ever seen and will only support a winning team where it is the place to be. The contrast between the BIS and the nearly empty UW vs Nobody was very apparent. Neuhisel and Romar are perfect for that culture, that is until they lose . People like James and Harshman were just not Beautiful People...

Comment

• CDC84
                            Super Moderator
                            • Feb 2007

Gonzaga should never play them again. The Zags already play one game per year in Seattle, and they can get better opponents for that game than UW. The Zags need home games at K2.

Comment

I couldn't agree more...

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
                              Gonzaga should never play them again. The Zags already play one game per year in Seattle, and they can get better opponents for that game than UW. The Zags need home games at K2.
                              What have we had for games at the Kennel when the students are there ?? Sell the damn plane . I am happy to see that Few is going to take a look at the scheduling strategy.

Comment

Working...
                              X