• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MontanaZag
    Kennel Club Material
    • Nov 2007

Finally!

Finally all the Bouldin haters can shut it. "Matt never plays well in the big games" "Matt shouldnt be starting" Matt won us that game tonight!!

GO BOULDIN!!
  • ZagMan in Philly
    Zag for Life
    • Apr 2007

He got Game!

Comment

• hockeyzag
      Bleeds GU Blue
      • Jul 2007

AMEN BROTHER!!!! Matt was awesome tonight, people on this board seem to write off players immediately after they struggle for a game or two. Bouldin is solid, and tonight he was on fire!
      "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
      -Zach Norvell Jr.

Comment

• primal23
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

I agree! HUGE props to Matt!
        11 cheers for binary!

"Make me a sandwich"
        "Make it yourself"
        "Sudo Make me a sandwich"
        "Okay"

Comment

• Oregon Zag
          Bleeds GU Blue
          • Feb 2007

What they said!
          Oregon Zag

Comment

• montanazag88
            Kennel Club Alum
            • Sep 2007

Love that Matt came out big. I think, however, if you check the posts, most agree Matt has struggled a great deal against top ranked teams and TN has, by Bruce P.'s admission, not performed at all like a ranked team. TOTALLY agree he should start and his shot selection, which has been his greatest pitfal against ranked opp's, is much improved. Hope to see it continue and confident it will.
            montanazag88
            P....A....TIENCE!

Comment

• Nevtelen
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Bouldin has generall struggled against longer, athletic teams. Tenn certainly qualifies. Nice game by Bouldin.

Comment

• WallaWallaZag
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

in case some people forgot, bouldin was the only one who showed up against UT last year in the battle in seattle...sometimes guys just match up well against certain guys or certain teams. i also think this year's version of tennessee doesn't match up well against us...they went from great outside shooting and really quick to not so great and longer/slower. also, teams that don't play good defense and try to outscore opponents won't do well against us...UNC might be the only team capable of just plain outscoring us.

Comment

• TuckC
                  Kennel Club
                  • Mar 2007

I thought I remember Matt Bouldin being the only person that did anything against Portland St...

Comment

• Frazzle
                    Kennel Club Material
                    • Feb 2007

Matt played awesome, but Big Will won us the game. Great D, Will!

Comment

• MontanaZag
                      Kennel Club Material
                      • Nov 2007

Maybe the best on the team this year

I think you could make a good case that matt has been as good or better than anyone on this team THIS year. The back cutting and passing that he brings to the table is invaluable. Will did have a great game compared to how he has contributed previously and obviously we need input from everyone to be successful but Bouldin was the MVP tonight!

Comment

• Zag79
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

I think you could make a good case that matt has been as good or better than anyone on this team THIS year. The back cutting and passing that he brings to the table is invaluable.
                        over jeremy and josh who avg better than him in almost everything? matt played awesome, and is a great player but give credit where creidts due.

Comment

• zagnut52
                          Bulldog Fan
                          • Dec 2008

Hay at times I have had some critical things to say about a few Zags that I have felt had been underperforming, but Matt layed it all out there last night, and this should go along way to restoring any confidence issues the guys have had up to now! Job WELL done!

Comment

• upan8th
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

As quoted in an article by Seth Davis of SI and posted here earlier by Zag Native, Mark Few said about Matt: "...I think sometimes he just plays. I want him to be more accountable for how a game ends up, not just be anonymous out there and in the flow."

Matt and Mark apparently met for a half hour yesterday and the above point was discussed. The result was, obviously, extraordinary. Urge all who haven't read the Davis piece to do so. Very enlightening. I expect we'll be seeing an all new and improved Matty B going forward.

Comment

• Shanachie
                              Kennel Club
                              • Feb 2007

I think, however, if you check the posts, most agree Matt has struggled a great deal against top ranked teams
                              I don't think that most agree with that. But even if "most" do agree, it's simply not true. Look at the game logs. He's had some poor games against good competition and some great games against good competition. Likewise against lesser teams.

About the worst you could say is that he's been inconsistent. In any case, congrats on a great game yesterday, Matt.

Comment

Working...
                              X