PDA

View Full Version : RIP Harry Sladich

Angelo Roncalli
01-07-2009, 12:40 PM
Harry Sladich, who served in just about every position imaginable at GU, including a stint as interim president, has passed away. Harry Sladich was an institution in his own right at GU. May he rest in peace and condolences to his family.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/6420ap_wa_obit_sladich.html

kitzbuel
01-07-2009, 12:44 PM
Farewell to a great Montanan.

Zag 77
01-07-2009, 01:20 PM
Quite a bit more detail here.

http://www.gonzaga.edu/news-and-events/newsdetail.asp?EventID=4382

Harry was there in good times and bad. Sometimes had to make some unpopular decisions. However, his level of dedication to GU was remarkable.

GoZags
01-07-2009, 05:42 PM
We've lost a great Zag. He was one of my favorites.

CaZagAlum
01-07-2009, 07:43 PM
Farewell to a fellow Anacondan. I've always been proud to have his signature on my diploma.

Bocco
01-07-2009, 08:57 PM
he will be missed,

thank you Harry for your devotion and sevice to GU, you were one of the people who helped make it into the school it is today

MDABE80
01-07-2009, 09:14 PM
I wonder.as the globe continues to spin..if people like our Harry will ever know how many people they've help get through the school and because that...how many people in the world were helped. Way does lead on to way.
Such a good man. Such a genuinely nice man. Full out Zag. Full out human. Seems too soon for him to leave us. RIP Harry.

gamagin
01-14-2009, 12:16 PM
harry's services. I understand he got a nice GU sendoff ? The last one I was at was for Dan Brajcich and included a parade not unlike that seen at a graduation ceremony.

Plus a phalanx of Jesuits and an excellent service and eulogy.

Zag 77
01-14-2009, 01:00 PM
My wife attended the funeral Tuesday at St. Al's. She said it was a full house with 20 concelebrants led by Fr. Spitzer. Faculty was decked out in academic regalia. She said Fr. Spitzer gave a wonderful homily.

GFGU
01-15-2009, 03:31 PM
Harry and my dad had been friends since kindergarten all the way through college at Gonzaga and religiously made their yearly trek to the West Coast Confererence tournament to visit with old friends. I remember meeting Harry when I was a kid and have always appreciated how kind he and his wife were to my sister, my niece and myself. Thank you Harry for making the world a better place.

GFGU