• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bowser
    Kennel Club Material
    • Feb 2007

Long Ride. Short Trip

Well at least it wasn't a swift hard one to the short hairs but that pretty much sucked. And I'm talking about CBS. It always takes me a year to forget how these guys make me regret owning a TV. But there it is.

Frank, of course, was calling me every other play to do his idea of "color" for the Muskrat-Seagull game, making me regret having another modern convenience, the cell phone. Still it was nice to hear Frank a little upbeat. When we stuffed them last year, he became a little morose.

Here's the big-time stupidity: I haven't even unpacked and I'm loading up to head home. The last thing I need now is to run into Jane and some of her cronies. They'd already been close enough and my heart really wasn't into messing with them.

Would I do it again? No question. I know the superstitious Nevada part of my enterprise is pretty goofy, but my philosophy is that nothing is in vain. You give parts of your life, parts of your day, the meaning those parts merit. I pretty much thought this would be tough nut to crack but I'm not one for phoning it in.

The action was mellow at the Cal-Neva and I hung out with some Cougs who were pretty sympathetic until they passed out. I didn't have time to hook up with gals like Jennifer and Tanya. I'm beginning to think that was a one in a million adventure. Some of the younger Cougs brought their Maxim mags to the bar. It was unsettling. If you are going to objectify women, I recommend doing it in person.

I learned a couple of things too: show tunes aren't half bad and I have better bladder control than female astronauts. So there is a plus side in the knowledge department. I also won a Johnny Mathis' Greatest Hits CD playing pulltabs in Oregon. You can guess that every DJ between here and the Prairie Tav will be looking for "Brazil" on their playlist. I think I'm morphing into David Niven.

So this will be my last report on the trip, unless something interesting happens. I have met some of my weenie internet Zag friends this year and that has been fun. The last couple weeks have been a blast and it was good to see all of us pulling together in the end. Also kudos to you guys who went the extra mile for the Winthropians.

My only regret is that Mallon and DRav didn't get a last game that better reflected the body of their work over their Zag careers. God's speed my brothers.

Your Pal,

Bowser
  • lothar98zag
    PostPadder General
    • Feb 2007

Thanks for the trip reports. Hopefully next year you'll be able to take a longer vacation in March.
    youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Comment

• zagmantis2001
      Kennel Club
      • Feb 2007

I'd like

I would like to go on a trip with Bowzer. I have absolutely no idea what he talking about, but it sounds bizzare and like one hell of a ride.

Comment

• Birddog
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Bowser is kinda the "B" movie version of Hunter S Thompson and his writing. Somebody recently aptly called it "Beer and Slothing". Last year was Vegas, this year with budget restraints apparently, it was Reno/Tahoe. This goes back to a simpler time when we weren't expected to dance each March. In the off season, our attention was on Jane as much or more (probably more) than recruiting, if you can believe that. Jane was/is a commanding personality and a probably a sociopath. Men melt in her presence. It was mostly because of Jane that I ditched the old single wide and sprung for the fancy shmancy double wide that I have now. She convinced me that I needed/deserved it, and she was probably right, I have no regrets despite the higher monthly payments. There are 5 or 6 of us still around from then. Yeah, the good ol' days. I haven't heard from Gunther in a couple of years, he was in that group too. It's about time for him to show up broke and homeless again.

Birddog
        Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
        Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
        All mimsy were the borogoves,
        And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

Working...
        X