• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MississppiZag
    Bleeds GU Blue
    • May 2008

Kevin Panzer- Any Updates?

Any updates on the kid from California. Last I heard he was at the Montana State- Billings game and really likes Gonzaga. Greg Hicks from Scout really likes him. Calls him "a great shooter with good bounce...one of the sleepers out west". Seemed like he had serious interest in us. Saw a video of him dunking. He can really get up.

Anyways just wondering if there has been any more info on his interest in Gonzaga?
    "I enjoyed watching them play more than watching us play," Izzo said after watching his team eke out a 75-71 win over Gonzaga. "I thought they punched us in the mouth, picked us up and punched us in the mouth again."
  • BobZag
    Dark Lord of the Zag
    • Jan 2007

Just that he still likes Gonzaga and lists the Zags as one of several schools he likes. No insider stuff.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• MississppiZag
      Bleeds GU Blue
      • May 2008

I cannot find any info on his schools of interest, Bob. Is that just what you heard, from a little birdie?
      "I enjoyed watching them play more than watching us play," Izzo said after watching his team eke out a 75-71 win over Gonzaga. "I thought they punched us in the mouth, picked us up and punched us in the mouth again."

Comment

• BobZag
        Dark Lord of the Zag
        • Jan 2007

Hicks did a Dec. 15 update on him.

Stay up to date with all the college basketball recruiting news and more at 247Sports.com

Comment

• ZagNative
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

From the stickied prospects thread at the top of this page: School list includes: Zags, AZ State, Colo., Oregon St., Penn, San Diego, Santa Barbara, Stanford, WSU (The list came from an earlier post BZ made).

I last posted an update of sorts here, but googles after that didn't yield anything exciting

Here is his recent stat line from the ocvarsity website.

He doesn't yet have a Rivals page. He had an eval on ESPN back in September, with a Scout, Inc. grade of 87, which is very good, and Greg Hicks on Scout seems to like him, but I'm not seeing him getting a ton of ink yet. Good luck to him. Got to like the interest he's shown in the Zags.

Comment

• NJZAG23
            Redshirt
            • Jan 2009

I know Kevin’s relatives in NJ. According to them, he has been a Gonzaga fan since 6th grade. Visiting Spokane was a dream-come-true. He really liked the campus, the team, and coaches.

Comment

• ZagNative
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Welcome, NJZag23! Nice to hear from you.

Comment

• BobZag
                Dark Lord of the Zag
                • Jan 2007

Indeed, thanks NJ.

The Zags will do their best to get back ASAP to the Zag teams Kevin grew up liking the best.

Comment

• MississppiZag
                  Bleeds GU Blue
                  • May 2008

Thanks. Great to hear he is a life long Zag fan. Greg Hicks seems to really like him. Sounds like an interesting prospect. Look forward to following his recruitment.

Comment

• SDzagster
                    Kennel Club Material
                    • Jul 2007

Hope the staff goes after this guy. Sounds like a great prospect - I'm sure Grier and Bankhead will try hard. These Southern California guys seem like more of a challenge to recruit, but if Kevin Panzer is a big Zag fan already, let's go after him.

Comment

• caveman13
                      Redshirt
                      • Jan 2009

I go to many games watching Kevin play. he has a huge upside and one of the nicest shots ever. he just needs a scorers mentality. he does not want the ball even when he has a mismatch. overall he is a great prospect and can have a huge impact with some coaching.

Comment

• BobZag
                        Dark Lord of the Zag
                        • Jan 2007

Agreed. Hicks told me Kevin is struggling right now. I'm sure he'll get it going soon. Zags could use a strong Panzer Division.

Comment

• kpanzlover
                          Redshirt
                          • Mar 2009

I Have An Update

kevin panzer is amazing. i watched him play at his high school and he is a staright balla. I think he is going to be the next micheal jordan and Gonzaga will win the chanmpionship every year if he plays for us.

KEVIN PANZER IS GOD

Comment

• former1dog
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by kpanzlover View Post
                            kevin panzer is amazing. i watched him play at his high school and he is a staright balla. I think he is going to be the next micheal jordan and Gonzaga will win the chanmpionship every year if he plays for us.

KEVIN PANZER IS GOD
                            Thank you for posting, Mrs. Panzer. We think your son is a very nice prospect.

Comment

• SLOZag
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

KP

"Thank you for posting, Mrs. Panzer. We think your son is a very nice prospect."

Too funny; I almost sent coffee spewing across the desk when I read that!
                              SLOZag
                              "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Comment

Working...
                              X