PDA

View Full Version : Players Needed for TENN AND MEMP

ambition
01-03-2009, 12:53 AM
Pargo needs to have that tenacity that we have seen in him before in order for this team to defeat both Tenn and Memphis, it has to start with him.

...He has not been playing well lately or should I say consistently, but his penetration is what operates this teams success because he can finish strong going to the hoop and he can dish, but his recent fog of play here and there has hurt his role playing.

...Foster needs to play more, he is a good role player and he is long, as well as Ira needs to get in there just for hitting the boards and defense

...Gray is good, and gonzaga sometimes needs to recognize that when his is on, get him the ball.

...Goodson actually did ok in that Utah game, i liked his aggressive play

If Gonzaga can have some of these guys do some good stuff, it will open up other scores like Daye, Bouldin, and Josh, and I hope Josh shoots more from long range.

jazzdelmar
01-03-2009, 02:41 AM
Tn is a lower half top 20 team that has played up and down and Memphis is ranked below the Zags....GU's window of opportunity for seeding help has closed already. St. Mary's may turn out to be the last "signature" win opportunity this season. Imagine that? This team has one and done writ all over it. Sure they can pull it together and play a lot better. But I believe the problems are intransigent. As we used to say on the playground back in NYC, who's got next?

kitzbuel
01-03-2009, 07:09 AM
Jazz, I think the big deal is that, despite what has happened over the last 5 games or so, most Zag fans would still really like to see the Zags win these games regardless of what it means in the long run. We would like to see the Zags beat St Mary's, too, as well as USD, SCU, Pepp, Port, LMU and USF. If it gets the Zags good seeding, great.

HOOTER
01-03-2009, 07:42 AM
Jazz, I think the big deal is that, despite what has happened over the last 5 games or so, most Zag fans would still really like to see the Zags win these games regardless of what it means in the long run. We would like to see the Zags beat St Mary's, too, as well as USD, SCU, Pepp, Port, LMU and USF. If it gets the Zags good seeding, great.

:agreed:

Who gives a dang about seeding anymore anyway? Not me. I've given up on trying to predict where the Zags will be seeded, or if they make the tourney at all. I just want to see them fix whats broken and start kicking @ss again.

jazzdelmar
01-03-2009, 07:51 AM
i agree, kitz and hoot...i was just responding to the resurrection of the tiresome talk about the Zags making their NCAA seeding bones agst "superior" comp....That's over and done with....Just play.......

PS: Zona got clobbered by Cal last nt (so much for Zona being a top 25 team, which was the cry after they beat the Zags) and USD beat Marshall....so watch out for Billy's squad

siliconzag
01-03-2009, 08:38 AM
i agree, kitz and hoot...i was just responding to the resurrection of the tiresome talk about the Zags making their NCAA seeding bones agst "superior" comp....That's over and done with....Just play.......

PS: Zona got clobbered by Cal last nt (so much for Zona being a top 25 team, which was the cry after they beat the Zags) and USD beat Marshall....so watch out for Billy's squad

Ahem, Cal is good. Monty has them playing very well. And they, unlike the Zags, won at the Huntsman against the Utes. The Bears are headed to the dance. And they are they are without big guys. Hint: Study their offense!!!!

jazzdelmar
01-03-2009, 09:02 AM
Ahem, Cal is good. Monty has them playing very well. And they, unlike the Zags, won at the Huntsman against the Utes. The Bears are headed to the dance. And they are they are without big guys. Hint: Study their offense!!!!

Ahem, Cal's gaudy record agst the likes of Tx-Pan Am, Pacific, Colgate, Dartmouth, NC A&T and USF notwithstanding, they didnt receive a single vote in any of last wks' polls....Still, my point was not abt Cal but abt Zona, which was hailed on this board as a sure Top 25/NCAA team after they handled the Zags. Indeed, none of the Zags wins are looking too terribly significant.

montanazag88
01-03-2009, 09:48 AM
Forgot the Tennessee game was on @ 9PM EST. Late game, but truly hope they play well enough to quiet these guys early....Vols will play like animals to win this one and don't count on help from the officials...look for lots of slapping at the ball and hardcore pressure.
http://pr.utk.edu/etorch/2008/12/ya-evening.shtml

HOOTER
01-03-2009, 09:55 AM
Vols will play like animals to win this one and don't count on help from the officials...look for lots of slapping at the ball and hardcore pressure.

Won't it be WCC refs officiating this game? I believe the agreement was that when Tennessee came to Seattle last season they would bring their conference officials and in return WCC refs would officiate this seasons game. If that's the case, Tennessee may not get away with the sort of physical play their used to.

Ziggy
01-03-2009, 09:58 AM
Forgot the Tennessee game was on @ 9PM EST. Late game, but truly hope they play well enough to quiet these guys early....Vols will play like animals to win this one and don't count on help from the officials...look for lots of slapping at the ball and hardcore pressure.
http://pr.utk.edu/etorch/2008/12/ya-evening.shtml

Last year, Tenn. brought refs from their conference for BIS. Does the arrangement go the other way ?

Zags-Bsee
01-03-2009, 10:35 AM
This team has one and done writ all over it.

College basketball is tough, lots of ups and downs for everyone. But in March, I don't think anyone will be happy to play us in the first round. Overall our talent and ability is good enough to beat anyone if we have a good night shooting.

Whoever we play in the first round, I don't think they will like drawing us.

jazzdelmar
01-03-2009, 12:23 PM
Tenn was handled by KU (Sherron Collins, now thats a PG!), so they will prob drop out of the top 20.......

DZ
01-03-2009, 12:43 PM
I was really hoping that Tenn. would handle KU and not feel an incredible need for some putback against our Zags. In my mind we are 8-5, if we aren't, well fine.