PDA

View Full Version : Ammo sounds off

FuManShoes
01-02-2009, 07:04 PM
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/bobcats/story/446467.html

Morrison acknowledged earlier this season that trades were likely with the Bobcats so overloaded with wing players. But when asked Tuesday night if he needs a fresh start, Morrison said that's not necessary.

“I think this year is a fresh start,” Morrison said, referring to his knee injury. “I'm still alive and still here. It just comes down to getting back and getting my movements right.”

http://media.charlotteobserver.com/smedia/2008/11/16/23/50-Magic_Bobcats_Basketbal3.embedded.prod_affiliate.1 38.JPG

MDABE80
01-02-2009, 07:14 PM
Writer's got a BONER for Morrison. Trying to excite the readers to hate the guy is just plain unprofessional. Bobcars aren't so good. It's more than Ammo that's the problem.

applezag
01-02-2009, 07:26 PM
Abe you are probably right, but it is frustrating for fans to see a top five pick on the bench. Without doing the homework, I would venture to guess there are a number of guys who are producing a lot more from the wing spot who were picked after him (though they did not have to deal with a major knee injury in year 2).

This article puts very plainly why Ammo isn't playing. If anyone wonders, Brown is straight forward and blunt about it: Ammo has to score, because he is a defensive liability. If he doesn't score, there is no reason to have him out there because the other wings bring more to the table. It definitely doesn't sound like Brown has quit on him or thinks he can't play. Brown has never blown smoke, so if he says he thinks he can do it he means it. I don't think Ammo is in any denial either. He knows he needs to play better.

alaskazagnut
01-02-2009, 08:07 PM
Brown said. “If they're going to go at him, then if we're going to put him on the court, he's got to go after them.”

Morrison needs to take the open shots. He is a scorer. Plain and simple. Morrison may never have the lateral quickness and speed to defend but he can find the net from anywhere at anytime. WE KNOW IT, ADAM KNOWS IT, and BROWN KNOWS IT.

Adam needs 20 minute a game to get hot and average 40% from the field. He can be a 40% 3 pt'r too. Just needs to get the time to learn and develop mentally and physically to the NBA.

ZagLawGrad
01-02-2009, 08:10 PM
If you are one of the Zags fans who cannot believe that any GU icon could ever possibly deserve to be the subect of any criticism, then don't read the link in the first post and the comments that follow. You will keel over of a heart attack right on the spot. It was kind of neat, though, to see Morrison knocking off a guaranteed $5M while riding the bench.

MDABE80
01-02-2009, 10:04 PM
Look Bud...I don't mind criticism of anyone.Zag or not. I've been reading this guy for a while now. He's not treated other guys on the team like Adam.and believe me.quite a few of them underperform and frankly suck.
Mays is terrible.and has been. See anything like criticism for him? There are others too. It's pretty clear that Adam's under this guy's skin for some reason. Maybe it's his bad habits.or a surely attitude. I don't know but he's got a serious bias against the kid. I'm not exactly a Morrison fan..everyone who'd been on this board for more than 2 years knows it. I do think the writer's unfair.and driven by something beyond Adam's performance. That's not right...

cjm720
01-03-2009, 09:32 AM
If you are one of the Zags fans who cannot believe that any GU icon could ever possibly deserve to be the subect of any criticism, then don't read the link in the first post and the comments that follow. You will keel over of a heart attack right on the spot. It was kind of neat, though, to see Morrison knocking off a guaranteed $5M while riding the bench.

why such a hater? Go away

Das Zagger
01-03-2009, 04:02 PM
Writer's got a BONER for Morrison.

i lol'ed

FuManShoes
01-04-2009, 12:56 AM
Writer's got a BONER for Morrison.

Hate to quibble with ya, Doc, but I think you may have misused boner in this case. I believe to have a boner for something/someone is to be enamored of it/them, rather than to destest said thing/person, as I believe you believe this writer does Ammo. But don't leave it to me, leave it to the Urban Dictionary:

25. boner
a term used to descrbe one's obsession or extreme fondness for something or someone.
"Kyle has a boner for his huge white truck."

Or perhaps you were referring to this Boner:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYrBLLQzyO0

WccSoph
01-04-2009, 08:49 AM
I'm confused about the article being a outright putdown of Morrison. I saw a realistic quote from his well respected coach. I've seen mention that the EX-Tarheel wasn't working out to well either.

Larry Brown (A hall of fame coach) did mention things that Morrison needed to work on during his time on the court. Maybe the writer does have it in for him, but the fact is he has not lived up to the lofty standards he has set for most by his outstanding college play. I think he still has a good shot at being a excellent role player ala Steve Kerr if given the right teamates around him.

Oh well, just a thought from a neutral observer. I always enjoyed his play in College and the excitement he brought to the game with his seemingly endless range from outside.

I must admit though JB is still my fav. Zag, now he was a "beast". I bet Few wish's he still had him about now.

zagfan24
01-04-2009, 09:42 AM
Hate to quibble with ya, Doc, but I think you may have misused boner in this case.

That's what she said ;)

DrDrivel
01-05-2009, 01:19 AM
That's what she said ;)

Michael Scott, is that you? I KNEW IT.

FuManShoes
01-05-2009, 01:18 PM
Sharks are in the water. Come on, Ammo, make them eat their words!

Dim Morrison (http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/ny-spbark5986732jan04,0,4670436.story)

Bobcats swingman Adam Morrison, who casts a smoky, retro-Seventies rocker look, tried to get away from his High Times cover boy image by cutting his frizzy locks earlier this season. But on the court, Morrison, who attained star status at Gonzaga, still looks dazed and confused. This past Tuesday against the Knicks, Morrison bricked his first attempt and air-balled his second, which drew loud groans from the few people who bother attending games in Charlotte. After that, Morrison got the shakes and passed up open looks, which drove coach Larry Brown crazy.

The Bobcats have been shopping Morrison since the start of the season but have drawn no interest in the former lottery pick, who is just another one of Michael Jordan's awful front-office decisions (Kwame Brown, you actually have company in this category).

His Errness and the 'Cats didn't help matters in October by picking up a $5.2-million rookie-scale extension on Morrison for next season. The reasoning for doing this made little sense. Apparently, the option was taken so Morrison couldn't exercise his no-trade rights this season. So instead of letting him go after this season, the Bobcats likely are on the hook to pay him for another season if they can't make a trade.

Another bust (http://www.suntimes.com/sports/jackson/1360177,CST-SPT-jax04.article)
So far, it doesn't look like Adam Morrison will do anything to improve the drafting reputation of Michael Jordan.
Morrison, the No. 3 pick in the 2006 draft, was averaging five points on 36.2 percent shooting heading into the weekend. Last Tuesday, Morrison was inserted into a game against the New York Knicks -- his first action in four games -- and became gun-shy after missing his first three shots.

''After he missed the first couple, he didn't even look at the basket,'' Bobcats coach Larry Brown said. ''As soon as I heard someone yell at him [from the stands], I ran a play for him -- and he didn't touch it.

''Every time he comes in a game, they go right at him. He has to figure that out. If they're going to go at him, then if we're going to put him on the court, he's got to go after them.''

Jordan drafted Kwame Brown No. 1 when he was with the Washington Wizards.

zagfan24
01-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Ammo had 13 pts in 15 minutes against Boston tonight :D

FuManShoes
01-06-2009, 11:21 PM
Ammo had 13 pts in 15 minutes against Boston tonight :D

Great to see Ammo step up and fight back against the world chumps :)

Morrison, something of a trash talker himself, seemed to relish his special moments with Garnett.

“He uses it for motivation,” Morrison said of Garnett’s constant stream of chatter and elbows. “That’s what he does, and you have to let it go in one ear and out the other.”

http://news.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view/2009_01_07_Hosts_mindful_to_take_out_Kevin_Garnett _s_trash/srvc=home&position=recent

ZagMan in Philly
01-07-2009, 07:26 AM
Ammo hit some tough shots during the 4th quarter. Not sure why he wasn't in, with 3.5 seconds left when the game was tied.

Every team gets up when they play the Champs....

B Wayne
01-07-2009, 08:39 AM
That was one of Ammo's best games not in the sense of total points, but the way he scored...all scores but one were his patened dribble drives with an array of shots as he approached the hoop. This is what identifies his game. Maybe I should have said Drivel drives, Nice call Dr. Drivel.