PDA

View Full Version : This will be interesting- Zag Camp 1/3rd &4th

honestZag
01-01-2009, 05:27 PM
My son is going to the Zags BB camp on Saturday and Sunday again. Last year we had just beaten Georgia, Pargo had taken a ruff spill ( or should I say, "was thrown to the ground"). Larry G was a bit disgruntled already, and told me he didn't know why he wasn't playing more. Said he busted his azz in practice, was promised more minutes. But for the most part the spirit and enthusiasm was great.

What should I expect this year??? Not sure if I want my kid learning some of the bad habits they seem to have learned as of late. Few rarely shows up for this and with a new baby, 99% chance he will not again. So much for my plan for kidnapping him and demanding ransom from Mick Mick!!!

I truely hope some time around a bunch of starry-eyed kids who worship these guys will help put things into perspective. You know how kids have NO FILTER- words just come out! Maybe they will here it from some kids. Maybe the kids will pump them up and fill them with confidence??? Maybe they will ask some tough questions?

Either way I am curious!

ebayzagfan
01-01-2009, 09:25 PM
Kids that will be at the Camp over the weekend???

What are your feelings?

Can any of them shoot free throws?:D

BobZag
01-02-2009, 08:53 AM
Call out one more member of this board and you're history. Honestly. Understood?

Pargo the Destroyer
01-02-2009, 09:24 AM
Call out one more member of this board and you're history. Honestly. Understood?

WOW. That doesnt seem harsh.

Lurknomore
01-02-2009, 09:35 AM
My daughter is going and is really looking forward to it. The team has always been really good with the kids and the kids enjoy it. Maybe it will be a nice break for the players.

Proudzagmom
01-02-2009, 09:58 AM
My son is going to the Zags BB camp on Saturday and Sunday again. Last year we had just beaten Georgia, Pargo had taken a ruff spill ( or should I say, "was thrown to the ground"). Larry G was a bit disgruntled already, and told me he didn't know why he wasn't playing more. Said he busted his azz in practice, was promised more minutes. But for the most part the spirit and enthusiasm was great.

What should I expect this year??? Not sure if I want my kid learning some of the bad habits they seem to have learned as of late. Few rarely shows up for this and with a new baby, 99% chance he will not again. So much for my plan for kidnapping him and demanding ransom from Mick Mick!!!

I truely hope some time around a bunch of starry-eyed kids who worship these guys will help put things into perspective. You know how kids have NO FILTER- words just come out! Maybe they will here it from some kids. Maybe the kids will pump them up and fill them with confidence??? Maybe they will ask some tough questions?

Either way I am curious!

HonestZag,

My kids do have a filter-ME- and they would be in big trouble if they asked these guys some questions that were rude or unnecessary. The camp is meant to be fun and give local youngsters an opportunity to spend time with athletes whom they, as you said, worship. My children don't attend to grill the players on why they lost a few games or why they missed some free throws. They are there for the experience. I would hope that that is why all kiddos want to be a part of this. YOU, in my opinion, should not expect anything. It's not about the parents. It's for the kids and I hope they are respectful and appreciative of the time these players are giving them.

Just this mom's two cents.

edcasey
01-02-2009, 10:06 AM
nice post "zagmom"...right on the money....funny how we adults tend to lose perspective about these kinds of events and makes me mad when adults come in a ruin the event. All my kids are gone now and they too attended these events, but it is intended to be a fun experience for the kids and lets hope it remains as such and no one tries to sabotage it with planted questions, egging of an attitude or other negative hostilities toward college kids that are there on their own time helping the community.

gozags09
01-02-2009, 10:47 AM
HonestZag,

My kids do have a filter-ME- and they would be in big trouble if they asked these guys some questions that were rude or unnecessary. The camp is meant to be fun and give local youngsters an opportunity to spend time with athletes whom they, as you said, worship. My children don't attend to grill the players on why they lost a few games or why they missed some free throws. They are there for the experience. I would hope that that is why all kiddos want to be a part of this. YOU, in my opinion, should not expect anything. It's not about the parents. It's for the kids and I hope they are respectful and appreciative of the time these players are giving them.

Excellent post. My son attends and he looks forward to this all year. There is no grilling...just joy in being able to see Jeremy, Josh and the rest of his beloved Team. He never questions the "reasons" for a loss, just feels sad (for a few moments) and then is back to pulling on yet another ZAG shirt or sweatshirt and anxiously anticipating the next game. A true fan. There through thick or thin. Every year, he has absolutely loved his hours with the team...and they in turn do an absolutely phenomenal job of continuing to grow their fan base through this program.

IrishZagFan
01-02-2009, 12:22 PM

No wonder you're my friend, PZM.....

Scotto
01-02-2009, 03:09 PM
I think this is great for the team to get involved with the young fans and forget about their own troubles for a day or two.

zagzealot
01-02-2009, 04:30 PM
If you've ever had a kid attend this particular camp, you'll know that it's not exactly a camp meant to hone his or her skills or to have the coaching staff there to identify the next LeBron. It's meant for the kids to have fun playing games with the guys, get autographs and get some exercise after they've been stuck inside for 2 weeks on Christmas break. To express concern that your kid may pick up bad basketball habits during these 2 days is not just laughable but down right mean spirited. I would suggest you start looking for a filter before spewing such drivel.