• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GoZAGsMang
    Kennel Club Material
    • Feb 2007

Thread Merge: Whining & Crying / Prodigal Sons

That way I wont have to hear about it on other threads.
  • kclubfounder
    Zag for Life
    • Aug 2007

Thread Merge: Whining Prodigals

Attitude. That is it. End of story. Analyze the individual players - or the coach/coaches - or the rebounding - or the shooting - or the defense - or Few's soon-to-be baby. Analyze and/or blame anything and anyone you please. This team has an attitude problem. They are the single most disappointing team I have ever loved (I love all my Zag teams, kind of like my children).

This team is the most talented and the most selfish and the least motivated and the least like what I perceive being a Zag team is all about of all the Zag teams I have followed and loved.

I am frustrated. I am sad. I am pissed.

But, like if one of my children were to go astray, I am hopeful that this team will turn it around.

Prodigal team, I will welcome you home, and slay the fattest cow, and have a party to end all parties if you come back and start playing like you can.

Comment

• surfmonkey89
      Not Roy Orbison
      • Feb 2007

Winner, winner. Chicken dinner.

Comment

• RenoZag
        Super Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Naw, we need to make you hunt those kind of posts down. . .
        The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• gonwick
          Kennel Club Alum
          • Mar 2008

Totally agree. Love the team, hate the play. Man how I hate it. Hard to be proud of this team, even though I love them.

Comment

• crazycanadian04
            Redshirt
            • Dec 2007

Ball pressure

For one half to two thirds of the game, the Zags got exactly ZERO pressure on the ball. When we were in the zone, we let Utah do whatever they wanted to do. THAT IS EMBARRASSING, AND THAT IS A DIRECT REFLECTION ON OUR OVERPAID, OVERRATED, ARROGANT, IGNORANT COACHING STAFF! Man or zone, it doesn't matter, you have to close out tough and pressure the ball. If the Zags play man pressure the entire game, they win by ten to fifteen. It was about halfway through the second half when the Zags had a possession on defense where they imposed their will on the Utes. There were several three point looks where the Zags stood their looking at the Utah player, and he had time to check the wind before he shot it. It was a lazy warm-up three.

I am not so spoiled or arrogant that I think the Zags should win every game; however, I do know enough about basketball to recognize when a team is playing hard and executing the non-negotiables. This team is a total joke - and that reflects on Few and company.

I watched Duke earlier today, and they play with so much more consistency and more intensity it is ridiculous. Here is what is even crazier - the Zags absolutely have just as much talent, maybe more. What the Zags don't have is a butt-kicker for a coach who won't tolerate this garbage.

Something needs to change - I don't care what it is. Bench Pargo -let Meech start. This team needs a punch in the face, and I just question if anyone on that staff, besides Coach G., has the nuts to do it.

Comment

• alaskazagnut

Why get hurt

or really care when you are just going to go to the NBA next year or thereafter.

I do not think that is the biggest issue but when 4-5 of our guys will be millionaires in 2-3 years, it makes school and the current situation seem less important. It takes a staff and coach who understands this "leave early for the pros" type athlete and can control the "bigger than life" egos that come with them from high school.

I am not convinced our staff is ready to accept basketball talent they can attract not to mention know what to do when they get here. If Mark Few can develop "out of state" talent to play hard for our school like the local boys who dream of playing for our school then we might get to the Elite 8 again. Otherwise, kids who want to use Gonzaga's national prominence to gain an NBA contract will play as such.

I am not impressed with Daye's attitude at all. His talent, yes. Attitude, no. There is something bigger going on with this team than just lack of rebounding, free throws or "pendo" like aggresiveness. It is a complete and total lack of confidence and desire to win and play as a team. It seems like they just want to win individually rather than play as a team anymore.

Comment

• ambition
                Bulldog Fan
                • Dec 2008

agreed on Daye, but bottom line is about guys who use the school for nat credability and go to the nba? i think most the zag fans, coaches, and players would want those kind of players. Daye is just immature... it is obvious, but ronnie wasnt like that and hes in the league...

Comment

• zagbapi
                  Redshirt
                  • Jan 2008

Few has a lots of talent available but doesn't know how to use it. Pretty soon local talent is all he's going to get if he's lucky...Maybe he should try not doing double practices every day to punish them for a loss and then the shots might make it. Bunch of burned out kids....
                  Out coached and out played again.....sigh......

Comment

• calizag
                    Bulldog Fan
                    • Nov 2008

so much for my top 3 by new years prediction

Comment

• kclubfounder
                      Zag for Life
                      • Aug 2007

Zagbapi,

HUH????? Who are you and what does that mean? Please don't tell me you have access to one of our players and that they are whining to you. If so then I flipping give up.

Comment

• snebzag
                        Kennel Club
                        • Mar 2008

Boo-Hoo Ok I'm done.

Reno, you go right, Benteen you go left. I'll take the middle.
                        "General George Armstrong Custer"

Comment

• ZaggyZaggerson
                          Bulldog Fan
                          • Mar 2007

Bouldin was fouled

The refs should have called a foul on Bouldin's runner with 5 seconds left. Unbelievable they could swallow their whistle on that hack across the arm. Wow!

Comment

• ZagMania
                            Professional Zag Fan
                            • Feb 2007

The play at 2:02 remaining when Josh softly jumped in the air for a defensive rebound that took an extra bounce on the rim, and Neville proceeded to grab the rebound right over him is indicative of a lot of our problems right now. That felt like the play that sealed it for me that we were going to lose no matter what, and deserved it.

Do I care too much about this team? It can't be emotionally healthy for me to care this much that these losses are literally making me feel a sorrow most people would reserve for personal tragedy.
                            Last edited by ZagMania; 12-31-2008, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• RenoZag
                              Super Moderator
                              • Feb 2007

Oh, raindrops,
                              So many raindrops.
                              It feels like raindrops,
                              Falling from my eye-eyes.
                              Falling from my eyes.

Since my love has left me,
                              I'm so all alone.
                              I would bring her back to me,
                              But I don't know where she's gone.
                              I don't know where she's gone.

There must be a cloud in my head.
                              Rain keeps falling from my eye-eyes.
                              Oh, no, it can't be teardrops,
                              For a man ain't supposed to cry.

So it must be raindrops,
                              So many raindrops.
                              It feels like raindrops,
                              Falling from my eye-eyes.
                              Falling from my eyes.
                              The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

Working...
                              X