PDA

View Full Version : Upset Alert

gbnyba17
12-29-2008, 05:12 PM
UConn loses at home to Georgetown in the Big East's first conference game. The huskies looked absolutely miserable for most of the game. Not the same team that showed up in Seattle.

BobZag
12-29-2008, 05:18 PM
Hoyas attacked UConn and never stopped attacking until maybe two minutes to go. Relentless. Hoyas really knew how to finish this game. Keep attacking. No "stall mode."

In Waco, Baylor is doing what ranked home teams are supposed to do: protect their homecourt and bury inferior opponents. Baylor is up by 20 over PSU.

*sigh*

MDABE80
12-29-2008, 05:48 PM
You're not kiddin BZ.<siiiiiiigh> is right.

HOOTER
12-29-2008, 05:50 PM
More fodder for the "Zags are overrated" crowd. Double sigh. :(

jazzdelmar
12-29-2008, 06:02 PM
not fodder, facts...............sadly

tyra
12-29-2008, 06:35 PM
I've only seen Georgetown play once this year and that was the semi final game at the Old Spice Classic. I thought they looked fantastic. The passing was exceptional and I sat there thinking I was glad we didn't fact them for the trophy.

spudzag
12-29-2008, 07:05 PM
Also noticed that Portland St fell to #19 Baylor 79-66.

CDC84
12-29-2008, 09:53 PM
No team in the nation finishes games with a lead better than G-Town. Their own version of the Princeton offense drains the shot clock, and it almost always results in a high percentage shot with about 3 ticks left. The fact that they are a good defensive team also helps.

MickMick
12-30-2008, 04:47 AM
Let's face it. UConn is practically the same team they were last year. They were a product of media/Big East hype and I expect they will lose a handful of conference games. I think their post season will play out similar to last year as well.

This puts the Zag loss to them in perspective. Part of a stretch where the Zags lost three of four games to teams that are not (or should not) be considered elite.

And before some consider this to be a hind sight judgement, I posted similar views on UConn long before the Zag/UConn game. I never believed that UConn was worthy of their lofty staus. I still don't.

JohnOGU
12-30-2008, 12:21 PM
Let's face it. UConn is practically the same team they were last year. They were a product of media/Big East hype and I expect they will lose a handful of conference games. I think their post season will play out similar to last year as well.

This puts the Zag loss to them in perspective. Part of a stretch where the Zags lost three of four games to teams that are not (or should not) be considered elite.

And before some consider this to be a hind sight judgement, I posted similar views on UConn long before the Zag/UConn game. I never believed that UConn was worthy of their lofty staus. I still don't.

Agreed. I've had the same thoughts since the beginning of the season.

Das Zagger
12-30-2008, 12:49 PM
More fodder for the "Zags are overrated" crowd. Double sigh. :(

baylor is actually pretty good. give scott drew a bunch of credit for turning it around.

time to start looking forward, cant change anything about that psu game.

CarolinaZagFan
12-30-2008, 06:34 PM
I agree, I never thought UCONN was great...and as much as I hate to admit it because my hatred for UNC burns deep in my loins, but it really is them and everyone else.

johnwzag
12-30-2008, 07:11 PM
Oklahoma and Purdue looses tonight. Everyone brings their A game to a ranked team. Gonzaga got lazy. Let's hope they do not get lazy again. I think Uconn is going to learn to. I still think that game wore both teams out. I have not seen a harder played game yet.

The only sure thing this season is UNC in the final four. I think everything else is up for grabs.

cbbfanatic
12-30-2008, 07:27 PM
No team in the nation finishes games with a lead better than G-Town. Their own version of the Princeton offense drains the shot clock, and it almost always results in a high percentage shot with about 3 ticks left. The fact that they are a good defensive team also helps.

you must not have seen their tennessee game... they failed miserably in finishing that game. controlled it much of the way, fell apart at the end.

i think they will be very very solid by seasons end though, i wasnt really all that surprised with their win over uconn